• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobohoro

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer 1-16

it's pretty interesting but it's not what i'd call gripping? I'll keep going...

I dunno, it seems kinda bare-bones somehow.

/edit I can't find the New Years Resolution reading list. Is it in the OP somewhere?

Keep going, it's a slow-burner despite being only 10 volumes long, but the pay-off is oh-so-worth-it.

Wait, Hayate no Gotoku hit 518?!?!

Who still reads that?!

Who indeed.

HnG 518

Fumi-chan should get her own, 500 chapters long, spin-off.

Aegus

Tokyo Ghoul: re

So about to reread this so I have a firmer grasp of all the new characters shown. However, was it ever said what Kaneki is doing for food? The latest chapter reminded me about specific ghoul traits.

Zweizer

Banned
Delusional Love ch18 (End)

Happy End!

Gotta give props to this series for actually portraying the actions a yandere is capable of under its full horrifying light.

Akito

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous
v3DT32e.jpg

Asking the important question

Furyous

Is it okay to discuss web novels in here?

The other post has light novels but web novels and manga are close cousins anyway.

I'm asking before I post just in case...

Erigu

This year's 11th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump announced on Monday that the next chapter of Yusei Matsui's Assassination Classroom manga, which Shueisha will publish on February 22, will feature the "final mission climax." (Note: In Japanese, the word "climax" written in the phonetic katakana alphabet often refers to the final chapter of a manga.)
"Often". It doesn't necessarily mean it will be the last episode.
And in fact, ANN doesn't say the series is ending next episode, if you actually read the article. It just might (color page(s) could hint at that, admittedly).

Noragami 63

This whole fight hasn't given a good outlook for yato/bishamon at all

I'm still wondering What is actually "father". He actually doesn't seem to fit as human nor god, so i don't get how they'll explain his abilities, specially after this chapter.

"Often". It doesn't necessarily mean it will be the last episode.
And in fact, ANN doesn't say the series is ending next episode, if you actually read the article. It just might (color page(s) could hint at that, admittedly).

There's a lot to cover still, however there's a colorspread coming next week and that's good evidence for a finale, tbh. I'd love 2 or 3 more chapters to wrap it all up correctly.

Talking about it, the art on that last chapter was amazing. The final panel moved me a lot.

Akagi 124-125

Fukumoto's art is very rough and striking but goddamn if it isn't good. I really love his art style and paneling, I should read more of his stuff.

About the actual match, lol at Akagi giving himself a blood transfusion before the match even started. I'm not even halfway done and this kind of bullshit is being pulled

Assassination Classroom had a countdown from the beginning. It ending is very likely the will of the author and had absolutely zero executive meddling involved. It was a nice full series that neither overstays its welcome or ends abruptly.

Revo

I'm still wondering What is actually "father". He actually doesn't seem to fit as human nor god, so i don't get how they'll explain his abilities, specially after this chapter.

I'd expect something like a fallen god or a human who somehow received some godly power. Or maybe he could be a spirit himself that was given extra power for the owners nefarious purposes.

Someway or another his age length will have to be explained

Moaradin

I'm only watching the anime but I definitely appreciate that time actually moves in AssClass and it has a clear endgame.

How many more seasons will it take for the anime to finish it?

I'm only watching the anime but I definitely appreciate that time actually moves in AssClass and it has a clear endgame.

How many more seasons will it take for the anime to finish it?

They could finish it all this season, though stuff would be cut (some chapters havent been adapted)...I would hope they dont do that and give us an actual season 3 even if it would only be a 13 episode season.

Furyous

Like webcomics or manwha? Yeah, those are discussed here.

Nah, I mean web novels like Reincarnator and Dragon Maken War.

Reincarnator (31)

Reincarnator is about this dudebro that is the last surviving human and gets thrown back in time to give humanity one shot to get shit right.

I loved the ending of this chapter as Hansoo basically dares them to try him by pointing out he can leave any time he wants.

tbh i picked up the akagi manga because after berserk got off the boat i had nothing to look forward to/meme about

I want to be on the front lines when history occurs

Jintor

Well it's a short series so expect pretty much no deep setting or worldbuilding, that's not what people like about it in any case. It's almost entirely about the characters

Keep going, it's a slow-burner despite being only 10 volumes long, but the pay-off is oh-so-worth-it.

Hope so. I like it as is now but... it's kinda just... I dunno. It just feels bare bones, like it's only about these characters and there's no real wider world out there. But it's still interesting, so... I dunno.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
tbh i picked up the akagi manga because after berserk got off the boat i had nothing to look forward to/meme about

I want to be on the front lines when history occurs
You choose the right time to picked it up
2016:
Akagi and Washizu mahjong match finished (maybe)

Sentou hakai gakuen dangerous 21

So all this time, the traitor is that guy. I though he just a red herring.

Tomo chan 250
Lol, Carol's mom too fluffy.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Assassination Classroom (caught up)

Karasuma is one smooth motherfucker. And Koro-sensei would obsess over that failure to save Aguri, so him saving her sister from the same condition is a nice bookend.

Hope so. I like it as is now but... it's kinda just... I dunno. It just feels bare bones, like it's only about these characters and there's no real wider world out there. But it's still interesting, so... I dunno.
I feel like there's kind of a plot reason for this, but I know what you mean.

(Also Spirit Circle fixes that.)

Insufficient Girl 1

xbDY5Ye.jpg

Nisio x the Sankarea artist. The MC is an aspiring but unsuccessful writer, who's presumably about to undergo a life-changing series of events after an encounter with a sociopathic girl. Well, I say sociopathic, but her friend was already dead, so it wasn't that messed up to want to save her game first, right? Right? Anyway, followed.

Quasar

Chihayafuru 159 - Was rather surprised by the end, especially given I have the feeling the books wrapping up. My shipping can continue it seems.

I mean...it IS just about the characters. That's pretty much it's whole bag (besides some pretty boss fights). If you don't get invested in the characters than it's not going to do much of anything for you. Me? I cried like a little bitch a number of times throughout it. Hell, sometimes if I feel in the mood to feel emotions again, I go back and reread the chapters that fucked me up the hardest and just sit and cry for a good spell. I don't think any manga has really made me as invested in the lives of fake characters as this one did.

Assassination Classroom (caught up)

Karasuma is one smooth motherfucker. And Koro-sensei would obsess over that failure to save Aguri, so him saving her sister from the same condition is a nice bookend.

While it makes sense plot-wise, and nothing so far has really been an ass-pull but all foreshadowed and led up to, I still kinda didn't like Kayano getting saved like that. The manga has rarely if ever had anything close to what happened to her happen and so when it did the impact was absolutely enormous. And while the combination of his emotions and pushing of his anger into his tentacles made sense and worked for what it was trying to do it just felt...tonally off to me for him to do that and then save Kayano. Like "No one was in any real danger, he had everything pretty much worked out" I'm not used to the mangaka pulling his punches like that, considering his previous works, though I understand this is way more shoneny and popular than his other stuff.

Doesn't make it a bad manga or anything but it took me out a bit. I still really love it.

Insufficient Girl 1

Nisio x the Sankarea artist. The MC is an aspiring but unsuccessful writer, who's presumably about to undergo a life-changing series of events after an encounter with a sociopathic girl. Well, I say sociopathic, but her friend was already dead, so it wasn't that messed up to want to save her game first, right? Right? Anyway, followed.

Yo, talk about a manga that hooked me. When she saved her game, then reacted, my Interest Meter was like "Oy, what's all this then?"

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Demi-chan wa Kataritai 8
Vampire-chan is so brave. She cried, but at least she did her best.

Insufficient Girl 1

Damn, talk about priorities. Saving your game is important people, even if your friend just got crushed by a truck (seriously, why truck? Can't it be minivan? Bus? or Harley Davidson)

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch250

Like a spooky ghost~

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection ch40

Seems like unless she blatantly spells it out to him he'll never be gutsy enough to make his move.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 1

I dont really like this one, kind of a slow start and theres nothing much different about it. I guess doing the demon sister for a chapter 1 instead of pushing it out to way later in the series is an interesting storytelling decision, but will she have to stay with him permanently now? I wonder what role she will have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom