• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

A Kiss And A White Lily 6

PRkZ4X8.png

SMOOTH. She really is a genius

SWOON

Zweizer

Banned
Kurosawa, no doubt.

She's a genius, but she's got confidence and swagger.

7lCz85A.png

I kinda like Hazaoka's more sheepish and oblivious attitude myself, but yeah, Kurosawa's more mischievous and slightly animalistic actions and expressions just make her more endearing~

Kirigami outclasses Shiramine though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Wakabayashi Toshiya's 4-koma Collection 35

RIP older brother, death by your sister informing your mom of your fictitious misdeeds. Take responsibility!

A Demotion Isn't That Bad 01

V0XvEOW.jpg

A brilliant solider gets assigned to a rural village where there he will begin his quiet life with his new wife.

Not a bad start, seems to be pretty much a slice of life so this could become interesting.

Chikotan, Kowareru 1
And then she falls to her death 2 pages later.

Seinen series featuring an MC with a voice fetish and a fatally clumsy headphone heroine. It seemed pretty unremarkable until the female lead died, though the resulting drama was lessened somewhat after she respawned shortly afterwards. Still, that mysterious little twist's elevated it above being just another forgettable entry in my backlog.

Revo

Tower of god s2ep162

Would be a huge surprise if they actually got the ball rolling this early.
Then again, considering how much power he seems to have, maybe siu would have to really screw with the integrity of the story if he pushed back beating him too far.

mdubs

Banned
Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Ch. 1-2

Sakisaka's new series after Blue Spring Ride, seems like this is going to be another winner, I really enjoyed the first two chapters. Two girls, one realistic towards love and the other idealistic about it become best friends and have their respective love interests. Very well done as I'd expect for Sakisaka can't wait to see where this one goes.

Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei shitara, Gendai Heiki de Guntai Harem wo Tsukucchaimashita!? 01

A military otaku gets killed and then reborned into a fantasy world with all of his memories attached.

It sounds like the end goal is to make a harem so ok?

Marche90

Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei shitara, Gendai Heiki de Guntai Harem wo Tsukucchaimashita!? 01

A military otaku gets killed and then reborned into a fantasy world with all of his memories attached.

It sounds like the end goal is to make a harem so ok?

Sounds like the plot of a
trashy
light novel

Revo

Witch Craft Works 45

My opinion of penguins increased after penguindrum, so i guess this penguin is okay in my book.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Chikotan, Kowareru 1

And then she falls to her death 2 pages later.

Seinen series featuring an MC with a voice fetish and a fatally clumsy headphone heroine. It seemed pretty unremarkable until the female lead died, though the resulting drama was lessened somewhat after she respawned shortly afterwards. Still, that mysterious little twist's elevated it above being just another forgettable entry in my backlog.
Aliens

XG6uroT.png

The last thing Kishi will ever draw that's Naruto related (at least for awhile) is of Himawari inheriting her best girl genes from her mother AND grandmother.

And one-shotting Ninja Jesus.

The guy is certainly leaving on a high note.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
XG6uroT.png

The last thing Kishi will ever draw that's Naruto related (at least for awhile) is of Himawari inheriting her best girl genes from her mother AND grandmother.

And one-shotting Ninja Jesus.

The guy is certainly leaving on a high note.

This looks fun, where is it? The weekly JUMP subscription?

Attack on Titan 72

Well, guess it's finally happening. Basement time will soon be upon us.

Potato girl is a titan theory to spring up pretty soon after that meat incident RIP

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hello to the best part of GAF, the extremely intelligent and beautify denizens of Manga-GAF, it may sound like I want something and I do... your eternal happiness and prosperity

...also, if it isn't a bother, can anyone give me feedback on Sasurai Emanon? How is it?

...also your hair looks great.

Hello to the best part of GAF, the extremely intelligent and beautify denizens of Manga-GAF, it may sound like I want something and I do... your eternal happiness and prosperity

...also, if it isn't a bother, can anyone give me feedback on Sasurai Emanon? How is it?

haven't read it unfortunately

is it a slice of life? Usually our slice of life experts aren't part of NA GAF but other places in the world

they could be busy right now

dumbyugi

I like it. The story isn't anything special but I love the art.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
haven't read it unfortunately

is it a slice of life? Usually our slice of life experts aren't part of NA GAF but other places in the world

they could be busy right now

I just started reading it and definitely doesn't set itself up as a slice-of-life story. The basic premise is about a girl (or consciousness) that carries 3 billion years of memories passed down from one generation to the next. It was enough to pique my interest. I ask about it because I'm always wary about starting a new series not knowing if it degenerates.

I like it. The story isn't anything special but I love the art.

Certainly the premise feels really epic. It seems like it can get very dark (which is never something I look forward to but can bare if the story is good). Do you feel like the story got worse as you read on or was it mediocre for you from the beginning?

Foolworm

The author took a long break but volume 3 came out recently and is being scanlated. Try reading Omoide Emanon first since it's a complete package (single volume).

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Chikotan kowareru
At first i was like sigh another harem manga...
And then that twist happen. I was like, well, goes into my reading list it goes

The it took an indefinite hiatus is my personal second-greatest manga tragedy in--

The author took a long break but volume 3 came out recently and is being scanlated.

OH MY GOD

In any case, I love Emanon. It frames a fantastical concept in a subdued, melancholic manner and I'm weak to those kind of things. Just don't expect any grand story, answers or even a conclusive ending. All things considered, it's merely a personal story of an immortal and everyone she affects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom