• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah the MALgraph thing requires way too much of me actually sorting things. :p

Did you bail on MAL?

I have in fact made my manga list on both MAL and MU. :p

MU seems more useful for actually tracking stuff, but styling my list on MAL sounded like a fun project for some other time so I made a list there too.

Zweizer

Banned
Tadashikunai Renai no Susume ch1

Yeah that's a ridiculous premise and I guess it's one of these series where the MC will change her heart or whatever.

Shengar

Kingdom Coalition War Arc Reread with RotK OST
ordo_grin.png

I gotta read Tokyo Ghoul this week. This week's episode of the anime was so damn hype.

Uwagaki extra chapter

yesssssssssssssssss

best name/girl won!

and they kept best hair style.

Awesome :D

Antiwhippy

I gotta read Tokyo Ghoul this week. This week's episode of the anime was so damn hype.

Uwagaki extra chapter

yesssssssssssssssss

best name/girl won!

and they kept best hair style.

Awesome :D

While I overall agree, it does pull some mental fuckery on whether chiaki still exist as a separate entity, if they are mixed to the point that it shouldn't even matter, or if she was erased completely, which would be sad.

What I like to think is that chiaki still exist in that she still retains her memories of that other dude, but now has transformed into koaki in that it just means that she has moved on from her heartbreak and into a relationship with ajio, with the superior hairstyle.

So everyone wins!

Revo

Tower of God S2 Ch 112

Still not used to the new names. I won't ever be because Khun/Bam looks terrible. Koon/Baam all the way~

Translation seemed better than the last chapter, although it was reported that they did fix it up. Still at least one mistake that was glaring and a few that felt weird.

Putting aside all that, quite the setup chapter. I figured they'd have to do some sort of training but I didn't think they'd be split up again (although it makes sense, since Baam is OP). Baam looks a little weirder than he used to I think and there were definitely some weird angles drawn. I wouldn't mind some of the side characters not being up to snuff in a year and thus they get cut. But the team seems to be formed so I doubt that'll happen.

Looking forward to the next.

While I overall agree, it does pull some mental fuckery on whether chiaki still exist as a separate entity, if they are mixed to the point that it shouldn't even matter, or if she was erased completely, which would be sad.

What I like to think is that chiaki still exist in that she still retains her memories of that other dude, but now has transformed into koaki in that it just means that she has moved on from her heartbreak and into a relationship with ajio, with the superior hairstyle.

So everyone wins!

I like this theory

Uwagaki is a great manga

So everyone wins!

what a short and great manga it is.
It even knows that short hair is best hair!

Antiwhippy

I feel like manga fans disproportionately like short hair compared to other fanbases.

Or maybe it's my own bias tainting my view. :p

BDGAME

I see this picture in a Facebook community named "Nerd wedding", but I don't know from what manga it is. Can Someone tell me?

10433087_701474896591519_7427706907515621468_n.jpg

upandaway

Hayate 460

I'm not sure how I feel about this resolution. Still on that not brothers thing? Eeeeeeh.

Also someone calling Hayate weak, that's scary. Hayate was like the most broken character in the manga until now.

Revo

Hayate no Gotoku 460

I...guess? Things have only changed somewhat and now we're back to basically square one. We've been here for like 20 chapters and I don't feel like much was accomplished.

Needs more Ruka.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
When does Prison School get good? I tried reading it once because so many people here like it, but I thought whatever I got through in the first volume was pretty bad. I feel like I'm missing out.

I hated Prison School the first time I tried reading it, so don't give up on one of the greatest mangas just yet

Quasar

When does Prison School get good? I tried reading it once because so many people here like it, but I thought whatever I got through in the first volume was pretty bad. I feel like I'm missing out.

Well it is bad. Just in a so bad its good way. For me at least.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki 1-2
A 38 year old guy plays a virtual reality MMO, and picks what many consider the most worthless skills in the game for his character. It's slice of life so far, sort of funny but mostly charming.

Also Zweizer why are you in this manga, get out of here:

2uhq00B.png

Antiwhippy

It's hard to class prison school into the so bad it's good category because everything is intentional. Everything.

upandaway

Attack on Titan 59

Things are getting exciting. Didn't expect them to take the kappa in, not sure if Hitch too but that'll be nice. Armin being a boss as usual.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yogashiten Galaxy 0
lol what. That ending.

It had cakes and aliens... except cakes are weapons and the aliens are occupying Earth. Also had a cat eared shouta
who inexplicably grows up into a sexual harasser after ingesting cake
. Girl reminded me of Ayumi.

Best character was the dad:
GKXP6R0.png

Naruto

Bye bye Obito. No more of your crap.

Bleach

What a twist.

one piece

Oda still treats women like crap. Bad chapter. Oh yeah, the princess might be a weapon like Shirahoshi.

HXH

Such amazing chapters.

I have read this interesting theory on reddit

We know that a Zoldyck has been to the Dark Continent and most likely brought this calamity back.
Silva stated that It came from somewhere else, some "dark" place.
Illumi emphasized Alluka's otherworldliness again saying, "We don't know where he came from."
Alluka's victims very much resemble the twisted up corpses we saw in the lab in chapter 341, and it's already been confirmed that victims of AI and Papu have been found in the "known" world.
We can all agree that AI's ability is a threat to humanity, right? Pretty much fits with the description of being a calamity.
Nanika's black eyes/mouth resemble the faces that we saw in the panel where Ging was describing the AI gas life forms.
Nanika literally utters "Ai" whenever she fulfills a wish. Togashi uses ( あい ), the hiragana equivalent of "A" and "I" in the manga. The manga just translated this to "Aye" and the anime into "'Kay".
We saw in chapter 341 that this gas forms also utter "Ai".
They're described as co-dependent beings. Explains Alluka's pesterings and need for equivalent exchange. Also explains why Nanika (not just Alluka as a sibling) is so attached to Killua. And of course, it explains why Nanika needed a host (Alluka) to begin with.
It's pretty much confirmed, and it's just a matter of time and waiting until Togashi officially reveals it to us.

Credit goes to wethrin_luin on reddit. I would have linked the post but it contains link to illegal manga sites, and i am not sure if i can link it or not, so i won´t.

Toriko

Lol, i hate such random power ups. Especially since Toriko can use both oni simultaneously, since the blue manifestation of appetite takes physical form by itself and not transform Toriko

Kuroko

Can´t wait til next chapter when i drop this crap.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tsukikage Baby 1
I thought this was going to be a period piece based on the cover, glad I was wrong. Saw the love triangle coming sort of. I can tell this is going to be good.

upandaway

Stretch 12

Can't say I liked any of the stretches really, some of them I felt the same thing better with earlier ones.

Also that last page was a bit dangerous looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom