• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Rereading The World is still beautiful and it got me thinking: would it be as well received if it was gender-reversed? Or would it be seen as more perverted? Though it has literally zero pervertedness in the way the story is told and presented anyway.

Melo Holic 62-end

Yep, there sure were twists! I maintain that it isn't as good as Hanged Doll or Superior Day, but goddamn did things escalate during the reveal. Really love the whole "everything is not as it seems" stuff going on in all these works to really color your perception of the characters and turn the more optimistic themes present in the earlier parts of the stories on their heads. I'd say it was a lot crazier in Hanged Doll, but it sure was good in this as well.

In the 4 days it's taken to read their available work, Team Getname have quickly become my favorite Korean webcomic artists (not saying much, but still). These guys are damn good.

_hekk05

Banned
Rereading The World is still beautiful and it got me thinking: would it be as well received if it was gender-reversed? Or would it be seen as more perverted? Though it has literally zero pervertedness in the way the story is told and presented anyway.

Had to translate title back to japanese to recognise the series. You westerners and your fancy localised titles

I dunno. Female queen forcing male to marry her is seen as rare and will take up much of the attention of the series, I imagine? I guess I could still see it work though

kasane

There will definitely be an issue if the genders are reversed with their age

upandaway

If you just mean underaged queen + older dude thing, then... I can think of more than one. I think it's more common even. Once you bring frequent kisses into it though yeah that seems tough.

Kinda lost interest in the anime after ep10 so I'm not even sure how it ended, oh well

PK Gaming

Prison School

Shingo is the best guy, and the student council prez is one hell of an antagonist. Her plan went off without a hitch!

Antiwhippy

I blame hekk.

If you just mean underaged queen + older dude thing, then... I can think of more than one. I think it's more common even. Once you bring frequent kisses into it though yeah that seems tough.

Kinda lost interest in the anime after ep10 so I'm not even sure how it ended, oh well

Yeah, it's more the overall behaviour, though I think it gets overlooked because is a pretty great, strong female character, which is still kinda rare in anime/manga nowadays honestly.

Quasar

It didn't really end. It just finished the chapters it covered and that was that.

_hekk05

Banned
note to self

anything hekk praises i should avoid like the plague :p

You guys always say that, but you happily read them anyway.

Hopefully mu&i will continue to be interdasting. Gotta go search for more raws

Just read chapter 4. Gonna be interdasting indeed.

I'm missing 3 though. Sad

So I was correcting in saying sales of Hi-Score Girl to increase.

It's just now everyone's going to buy it before it is gone forever, lol

Dresden

Never trust a hekk.

---

kagemusha - tokugawa ieyasu

nkSpio4.png

It's raining.

Antiwhippy

Maybe they're recalling the manga so that they can modify all the SNK references.

Queen of Brawlers
Mental Slug
Ninja Shodown

Revo

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 43.5

New way to save seat space.

Tonari no Seki-kun 58

Poor panda :(
Although it did save seki from a life of being a machine.

Chariot

Gokicha 1-40

People promised me moe cockroaches. But instead of fuzzy feeling, I got a bunch of depressing stories about a girl with best intentions in a cruel world that constantly rejects her.
My only lights are Chabba and Chocolate. Chocolate is a real cool dude, I enjoyed every chapter with him. His expressions are pretty funny and his heart and temper are gold. And well, Chabba showed at least in the latest chapter that she actually cares for Gokicha and knows that she is well intentioned, even if she bring Chabba into mortal danger every five minutes.
I hope we get more chapters with them and maybe new friends :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Gokicha 1-40

People promised me moe cockroaches. But instead of fuzzy feeling, I got a bunch of depressing stories about a girl with best intentions in a cruel world that constantly rejects her.
My only lights are Chabba and Chocolate. Chocolate is a real cool dude, I enjoyed every chapter with him. His expressions are pretty funny and his heart and temper are gold. And well, Chabba showed at least in the latest chapter that she actually cares for Gokicha and knows that she is well intentioned, even if she bring Chabba into mortal danger every five minutes.
I hope we get more chapters with them and maybe new friends :(

It's not a comedy or moe. It's seriously a heart-felt manga that tugs at your heart-strings :(

_hekk05

Banned
Alright I'm 48/56 done. It'll be done by tmr, then I can send it to someone (volunteers pls) for proofreading and finally submission.

Mangagaf doing (actual) work wuuuuut

Now to go look for hi score girl

_hekk05

Banned
No hi score girl π_π

If only they stocked it instead of all the shitty shounen stuff

Really tempted to buy danmachi though

Revo

Bright World Project 22

Final chapter next. Not particularly interested in what happens.

Stretch 23

What happened to my plot and character development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom