• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma 78

A rare glimpse into a Manga GAF regular's bedroom:

hAwcyZT.png

Bleach

If, in any way shape or form, the Soul King is Brook, I would forgive everything that has happened to Bleach in the past. Even though it’s impossible.

Revo

A Method to Make the Gentle World 19

Ooh, that's finally out. Also good on that teacher for not giving in.

Hanagimi to Koisuru Watashi 31

Status quo is still the same!

Revo

Tokyo Ghoul 79

Kaneki so good now.

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 5

What half assed full face blushes.

Zweizer

Banned
Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou ch5

The only good thing to come out of this cliché development of a chapter is the 4koma.

Kurita

Is that right?
Fucking Viz...
Yeah. It's not a word really used anymore (they just say volleyball) but still. Even the author makes fun of the name and agrees when people says it's a pretty simplistic title (he says that in the second volume).
I guess the fact that it's written in katakana and not kanji led them to believe that it was a mix of English and Japanese I guess.

Kurita

To be fair naming a volleyball manga as literally as "volleyball!!" is pretty bad too.
Well if even the author admits it's a dumb title... :lol
But come on Viz, you're better than thi... Oh.
I mean the French version is called Haikyuu, and Viz owns the company who publishes it in France. WTF

Edit : wait uh, why are we talking about Viz though :lol I was just talking about the mispelling in the ToC.

Naruto
More of the same .

Bleach
Nice chapter with some jokes and fights going on .

One Piece
Chaos with everything coming together to bad the back story got cut off .

scy

New serialisation: Nightmare Funk

About a girl who can see future crimes (deaths?) in her dreams and a guy she helped to save

I like the idea of this.

I like her, not entirely because of her character (although the deathstares are amazing) but because this series uses the childhood friend character much better than most do. She's basically in an intentional 3-on-1 fight rather than a free-for-all and gets her shit called every time she just does the archetypal tsundere'ing.

She's a much more believable character too. Does she shout "NOTHING HAPPENED!" all redfaced when asked about what happened at the beach? Nah, she is absolutely gonna "kiss and tell" when pushed a little

True. I just find her herself fairly boring, I guess? Which says a lot when I assume that would mean I would like her more if she was basically more cliche. Hm. Or more that I cared about the initial three girls (before some of their ... crazier antics)? Something along those lines.

Also, I'd say she's more of a 2-on-2 fight than purely 3-on-1. Rika's been less than full-on aggressive about things. Really, it's more just Tomo and Tama and then two (now three?) other girls just sort of around. Which is sad since Rika's the closest to normal of the bunch. Then again, all of them are crazy in their own ways.

main.jpg

Artist is 竹村洋平 aka Takemura Youhei, who also did Yae no Sakura edit: and also Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Serialised in Jump SQ

Oh ho, very interesting. Almost didn't recognize it was by the same mangaka as Yae no Sakura but I can see it now. Probably because of flowerly, it is very stylish instead.

I guess being in Jump SQ means it won't die in 20 chapters.

Isn't the anime getting DVDs in the US? Maybe it will motivate them...

Yeah by Sentai which is almost one step over burning your own copies onto DVD-Rs and slapping your own box art. Almost.

Oh ho, very interesting. Almost didn't recognize it was by the same mangaka as Yae no Sakura but I can see it now. Probably because of flowerly, it is very stylish instead.

I guess being in Jump SQ means it won't die in 20 chapters.

Yeah by Sentai which is almost one step over burning your own copies onto DVD-Rs and slapping your own box art. Almost.
If it is not well recieved it will die quixkly. Fantasma, Second Brain, all recent failures got two or three volumes. Same as a Jump failure....

Charade

Dead Dead Demons de Dedede Destruction 3

What the? When did they invent those things!? I want one!

And the scans quality seems to have gotten worse. Luckily the translations seems fine.

Assassination Classroom 93
BsmIq5ACIAAzJ-o.png:large

Love Asano-kun so much especially when he started getting on the offensive on the pole. I wonder why Karma-kun is nowhere to be found. At least Isogai is still holding up. Good chapter.

scy

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 5 - blushblushblushblushblush

6o31s97.png

at least the side couples are apparently progressing really well

So apparently Nightmare Funk is pretty lewd

Not gonna get cancelled then

Easiest way to build an initial fanbase!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well if even the author admits it's a dumb title... :lol
But come on Viz, you're better than thi... Oh.
I mean the French version is called Haikyuu, and Viz owns the company who publishes it in France. WTF

Edit : wait uh, why are we talking about Viz though :lol I was just talking about the mispelling in the ToC.

I read an article interview Jump Editor Sasaki, and it used the official English titles for series not localized. Haikyu was spelled "High Kyu".
"Saiki Kusuo no Sainan" was called The Disaster of PSI Kusuo Saiki.

Just saying.

Kurita

I read an article interview Jump Editor Sasaki, and it used the official English titles for series not localized. Haikyu was spelled "High Kyu".
"Saiki Kusuo no Sainan" was called The Disaster of PSI Kusuo Saiki.

Just saying.
Oh I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom