• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I know it's late, but what evs.

Kingdom is one the most gory manga out there, with people seemingly can be cut like butter by a child soldier (though I suppose Xin's sword is a named sword?), but unlike any popular edgy/gory fiction that fond to butcher their characters, Yasuhisa Hara rarely kill named character out of the blue without purpose. Mostly, named character deaths are related to the plot, and character development. Kingdom is 399 chapter in, and the only named member of Hishin unit that die was bucktooth's brother IIRC. Qiang Lei, not only a major character in Kingdom at the moment, (s)he's also a future general that will lead the invasion of Zhao historically along with Xin. If she's gonna die, Hara will make it proper and not a random death.

I don't really find kingdom all that gory honestly. It gets so cartoony at some point that all the gore loses all of its impact.

Shengar

I don't really find kingdom all that gory honestly. It gets so cartoony at some point that all the gore loses all of its impact.

Yeah, it's more like gratuitous violence than gore, but it's so gratuitous and that giving people the wrong idea about Kingdom killing off named characters out of the blue while is it not true at all.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 24

daYCeBkl.png

More girly than the actual girls in this series.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kingdom 399
Is this the end for our bishonen Wei strategist?

I don't know why our taste can't aligned
Female master swordman is still something to be admired though <3

Whatever do you mean, do you prefer Ten or something? It is scientific fact that Kyoukai is the best lady in KINGDOM.... no, in manga, today.

Chitoge? Pfffffffffft. That lady from Soma whose name I don't even remember? Pffffffffft.

Is marathoning through Detective Conan a good idea?

if so Anime or Manga?

Why would you marathon something that never ends.

Shengar

Whatever do you mean, do you prefer Ten or something? It is scientific fact that Kyoukai is the best lady in KINGDOM.... no, in manga, today.

I don't know. I've suffered split loyality at the moment. I'm used to cheer on Qiang Lei, but after saw how Diao look like in the anime s2, I'm become torn.

Yeah kingdom is far from the most gory manga out there

There are others that are really morbid

There are shounen series gorier than Kingdom. It's pretty light on that front.

I know about this, and the fact that most of the gory manga out there usually killing named character on their whims makes people accustomed to the idea gore=lots of named character deaths. This'll explain people worries on Qiang Lei due to recent chapter, while its actually she will going just fine unless Hara decides to pull a curve ball on us (though its highly doubtful).

scy

Well, hopefully it wraps up properly.

...which is doubtful, unless it time skips and then figures something out and ohgodthisisgoingtobeterrible.

Man you just started this? Thought it would be in your finished last already.

Enjoy some of the best blush faces in the history of manga.

I was pretty sure I recommended it too but looks like I didn't :(

but now he gets Misaki so its all okay

Monster Musume 26

Monster.

Girl.

Milfs.

.....Am I about to witness heaven?

Or hell.

No, I refuse to believe this can be ruined. It just can't.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't know. I've suffered split loyality at the moment. I'm used to cheer on Qiang Lei, but after saw how Diao look like in the anime s2, I'm become torn.

Real life Kyou Kai being a guy might hurt her chances in the manga but man, I hope the mangaka took some liberty with this, because she's truly the best for Shin and that Ouki/Kyou comparison is just really undeniable.

dammit manga gaf. I asked a few month ago if there was anything like Cage of Eden of 7 Seeds and you guys said no. I now just found out about Suicide Island. Just read the first chapter and it rocks!

kasane

dammit manga gaf. I asked a few month ago if there was anything like Cage of Eden of 7 Seeds and you guys said no. I now just found out about Suicide Island. Just read the first chapter and it rocks!
I remember i recommended someone suicide island

Not sure if its you

kasane

Whoa sakuranbo syndrome ending. Are we even caught up to the latest chapters? Also the other works of the author arent caught up to the latest chapters as far as i remember

Tsugumomo 12-13

Okay yeah, this level of lewd is way beyond what I expected, nearing the edge of full on sex before stopping just short. As far as action series go with the lewdness, it's somewhere between To Love Ru Darkness and Aiki, which makes its handling of everything really friggin weird.

The fighting and art is still pretty nice, though. Main dude's got a Giga Drill Breaker made of cloth.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Tsugumomo 12-13

Okay yeah, this level of lewd is way beyond what I expected, nearing the edge of full on sex before stopping just short. As far as action series go with the lwedness, it's somewhere between To Love Ru Darkness and Aiki, which makes its handling of everything really friggin weird.

The fighting and art is still pretty nice, though. Main dude's got a Giga Drill Breaker made of cloth.

The lewdness gets worse/better, depending on your tastes.

Pokemon Black and White Vol.17

gr5I8mKl.jpg

Hey they somehow made it to the Pokemon League. It's been since like Gold and Sliver since they even had a Pokemon League, lol

I'm more interested in seeing what comes up with White's involvement and uh that's about it.

wonzo

Banned
87 Clockers 17

Ugh, not this dumb shit again…

Okusan 12

She really needs a sports bra.

Tonari no Seki-kun 61

Yokoi already (trying) to put those rubber bands to good use!

aunt tits 134

new girl looks boring zzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom