• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
2549f1e098.png
prisonschool87a.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everyone in Koe no Katachi is ridiculously self important. Honestly, the characters other than Shoko and Ishida make me like the manga a lot less because they're so delusional.

Kieli

Everyone in Koe no Katachi is ridiculously self important. Honestly, the characters other than Shoko and Ishida make me like the manga a lot less because they're so delusional.

The characterization of that home-room teacher is so ridiculous that I can't take it seriously.

Like, c'mon? Really?

They're teenagers.

Kinda like how it was in Onani Master Kurosawa. Most of us are such self centered little shits back then.

Rhapsody

Banned

Same, although I'd say I like Shoko and Ishida's family as well.

Everyone else, yeah, they all suck. Mission accomplished from the author.

I've realized that the solo One Piece arcs where the crew are separated like the Amazon women, Impel Down, Marine Ford arc, etc... are far more entertaining then those with the whole crew

Heck the series was really good before Luffy got most of his crew

I've realized that the solo One Piece arcs where the crew are separated like the Amazon women, Impel Down, Marine Ford arc, etc... are far more entertaining then those with the whole crew

Heck the series was really good before Luffy got most of his crew

You just realized those were the best arcs?

I mean, there was a lot of people and fights to focus on in Enies Lobby and it was handled far better then Dressrosa.
This arc just needs to have chapters that have a damn focus.
Like have Zoro finish his fight for 2-3 chapters. These fights aren't ever going to be satisfying if they keep switching perspectives and having us end up missing half the clashes for the hero to OHKO the bad guy.

You just realized those were the best arcs?

I mean, there was a lot of people and fights to focus on in Enies Lobby and it was handled far better then Dressrosa.
This arc just needs to have chapters that have a damn focus.
Like have Zoro finish his fight for 2-3 chapters. These fights aren't ever going to be satisfying if they keep switching perspectives and having us end up missing half the clashes for the hero to OHKO the bad guy.

yeah pacing is off... When I saw that Pica was alive I cringed.... double cringe for Sugar waking up

the funny thing about those arcs are that they are one of the shortest in the series (if you just only consider major big arcs)

Kieli

Can someone explain to me what Doi is trying to do?

It seems like she was leading him on in the beginning to make her boyfriend jealous. It ends up backfiring on her because he in thought she was cheating on him, so they break-up.

She then gets salty and wants to make him (Fuji) confess to him.

Yet, in the present time, she's worried about whether or not he likes her? She plays all those sneaky moves, don't act like I don't know gurl. I don't know if I can trust this cat.

Jarmel

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park-5

This is exactly what I want out of the anime/manga. "I will do what I want with this bankrupt park". No joke, I have a friend who would have given that speech verbatim, ver-fucking-batim.

39108-one-sunglass-mother-of-god-6dZY.gif

The manga so far is much more melancholic than I would have expected. It's not really that funny, which is something I actually appreciate. So far it all has this sad undertone to it.

Koe no Katachi 49

Mashiba you got problems bro. I like how he basically became friends with Ishida only because Ishida is more fucked up than him. However I'm not exactly sure if having a whole chapter dedicated to him was really necessary though. I feel like he's by far the least important character in the story. Him calling out Kawai was pretty awesome though.

I have to believe the Ueno chapter is finally happening next week. Bet her reasoning is that she's the only one that actually cared about him all those years. I think that's close enough to being a childhood friend to be doomed.

dani_dc

Naruto

Chapter once again proving that natural powers are more important than training, the diffence it made for Kakashi just to be given Obito natural advantage.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto

Chapter once again proving that natural powers are more important than training, the diffence it made for Kakashi just to be given Obito natural advantage.

You have that reversed. Kakashi's done more with these skills than Obito ever did. He's got powers lesser than Naruto and Sauske and is still by far the strongest person on the battlefield. That's not natural advantage, that's skill, hard work and experience. Kakashi's got all those in spades. You give Obito's powers to anyone else, including Obito himself, and they'd be nowhere near as overpowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom