• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

Moteki 15

I don't get what's happening. Doi is waging a war to try and make Fujimoto confess to her and then promptly dump him.

But Fujimoto is unwittingly waging a counter-war against her efforts.

If that's true, then it's amazing.

Usobuko

Banned
I read Moteki. I have to read it in small bursts because the schadenfreude is too much.

I'm laughing at this dude and his mishaps with the girls. Holy shit, they are playing him like Shadow of the Colossus.
Moteki 15

I don't get what's happening. Doi is waging a war to try and make Fujimoto confess to her and then promptly dump him.

But Fujimoto is unwittingly waging a counter-war against her efforts.

If that's true, then it's amazing.

Lol, I just found out that there are 12 unread chapters of Moteki, all the way to 28, which I have not read. Not to mention, 4 new chapters of Gonensei that came out right now. I just need the last chapter of Natsu no Zenjitsu to complete this treble.

If you don't mind some spoiler that's a little ahead.

Kieli

Lol, I just found out that there are 12 unread chapters of Moteki, all the way to 28, which I have not read. Not to mention, 4 new chapters of Gonensei that came out right now. I just need the last chapter of Natsu no Zenjitsu to complete this treble.

If you don't mind some spoiler that's a little ahead.

He seems to think he's a loser when things are actually going way too well for him.

I want to see NTR. I want to see some punishment. Muahahaha.

Shonen scans out Tomorrow hopefully

can't wait

Nanatsu no Taizai

wait she got hurt (at death's door) by Dreyfus accidentally tripping and slicing her
LMAO the world's biggest blunder... YOU DUN GOOFED

Friendly fire on a whole new level

Usobuko

Banned
He seems to think he's a loser when things are actually going way too well for him.

I want to see NTR. I want to see some punishment. Muahahaha.

Best girl in that manga is Aki Doi and her thoughts towards Fujimoto actions were hilarious to read. I guess part of the appeal in Moteki is there's plentiful slapstick comedy to ease the tension.

Fujimoto is on a self-destruct path though.

Finalow

Tokyo Ghoul from anime to chapters 30 or so
so
Mado died, killed by Hinami that became SSJ with a double kagune.
- that was pretty shitty.

Revo

Yamada and the Seven Witches 122

Side character focus and maybe we're going into plot again?

Hi Score Girl 15.5

Awwwwwww

Does Assassination Classroom pick up later on?
I am on Chapter 15 and it is way too boring and lacks soul
the only okay character is the alien teacher.... The others just seem overly generic in a sunday comedy comic sense

Chariot

Ultimate twist would be that he's actually the boss of the Black Organisation.
I wish they would twist there, but I can't honestly see who would be possible, since all regular characters are either very obvious good or too dumb.

But he doesn't cause them either!
Is there a manga like that? Some guy who isn't actually a villain and just happened to cause destruction where he goed and bringing somehow a evil organisation to glory

I am on Chapter 15 and it is way to boring and lacks soul
I liked it from the very beginning. If you dont enjoy it now, you wont enjoy it later, I think.
Its nice to see the kids grow.

Rhapsody

Banned
I am on Chapter 15 and it is way too boring and lacks soul
the only okay character is the alien teacher.... The others just seem overly generic in a sunday comedy comic sense

I felt the same way. The students didn't really stand out to me too.

I might give it another shot though considering how well liked it is. It's been awhile for me though.

Chariot

That is unfortunate
not really loving it currently and it becoming worse is worrying
No, I didn't want to imply that it gets worse. It just don't change in tone. They try to kill him, but he actually helps them as a group and as individuals to improve. There are some extern obstacles they have to overcome, which is fun, but essentially its always about growth of the misfits and the ultimate sensei.

I felt the same way. The students didn't really stand out to me too.
I might give it another shot though considering how well liked it is. It's been awhile for me though.
The students just feel forced in trying to be unique but instead they are just like generic factory made advertisement cardboard

commercial characters... not lifelike at all and trying to at times be cool and sleek but instead it just comes of as soulless and boring
No, I didn't want to imply that it gets worse. It just don't change in tone. They try to kill him, but he actually helps them as a group and as individuals to improve. There are some extern obstacles they have to overcome, which is fun, but essentially its always about growth of the misfits and the ultimate sensei.
So no changes from what is happening as of right now
Guess I won't continue for now

Edit: I have a lot of stuff to read anyway.... I'll just check it out later

Revo

Koe no Katachi 49

Looks like it's a Ueno chapter next time.

And I agree with Ueno. None of them deserved to be in that room.

Fushigi na Shounen 19

A Robot learns to feel. Felt kinda procedural.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish Maid-sama's translation didn't turn to shit around 15 or so chapters in.

It's completely ruining it for me :(
Yeah, I think another group picked it up. There's an anime adaption if you want to try that (I don't know how it shapes up compared to the manga or how faithful it is). I'm pretty sure there are official translations out there too, not sure what the deal is with those though.

edit: Googling reveals that the volumes are published by Tokyopop. lol

Tsukikage Baby 02

sVcwrNy.png

The blushing drama was pretty bad but I was entranced by the dancing so all is forgiven.

Can anyone give me a list of a few really good Shonen and Seinen manga. The genre doesn't matter.

Just wanting to pass some time with some good reads.

PK Gaming

Koe no Katachi 49

I've been wanting to know what his deal was for a long time now. It looks like things are coming together, bit by bit.

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 17

No really, what kind of clothing store were they even in.

And suddenly, a sleepover? How scandalous!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone give me a list of a few really good Shonen and Seinen manga. The genre doesn't matter.

Just wanting to pass some time with some good reads.

Seinen:
Historie
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Spirit Circle
Duction Man

Shonen:
Double Arts
Psyren
Horimiya
Hi Score Girl

That's just off the top of my head.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Can anyone give me a list of really good Shonen and Seinen manga. The genre doesn't matter and a few recommendations would be fine.

Wa ga na wa umishi
Bambino
Anamorphosis
Fraction
Franken Fran
Emma
Otoyomegatari
Getenrou
Magime na jikan
Kabu no Isaki
Yokohama kaidashi kikou
Kotonaba Drive
Blade of the Immortal
Sengoku Youko
Spirit Circle
Sumire 16 Sai
The Voynich Hotel
Nickalodean
Teppu
Yuureitou

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 49
I guess this was Mashiba's chapter. I still don't know what to think of him. He's strange and nearly malicious, based on his planned "revenge", but I guess being around Ishida and seeing him try so hard with Nishimiya made it seem like those feelings of his were incredibly petty in comparison. On a second read through, it seems like he's trying to let go of that darkness... So I guess this was healing for him.

I think Ishida's mom made a good choice in not talking to Nishimiya yet. I'm sure she still needs time to cope with what's happened.

Usobuko

Banned
Everytime I see Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou being brought up, I'm reminded of this review. It's one of those gems in manga and the soft, soothing art complement its setting perfectly. It's very easy on the eyes.

I love it, it's one of my 10/10 manga.

About Koe No Katachi,

Nishimiya's decision to tie her hair up in a ponytail is probably due to Ishida right? I remember him complimenting her about it at one time.

Symbolism that she's not going to half ass anymore I guess. Will probably confess to Ishida after he wakes up.

dani_dc

Koe no Katachi 49

The scene about Mashiba wanting to watch over kids came off as creppy rather than endearing (I have to wonder if that was the point). Though it was nice seeing his past as well as having him get Kawai to call herself off without realising it.

The mother is probably the nicest person in the series, I'm glad she was able to be honest with Nishimya too, good way to handle the issue.

Also, Ueno chapter next week, that should be plenty of fun.

Charade

Considering all the :Charade we got with K-On!, I'd say it's fair.

This is slander!

Yurika's Campus Life 11

Don't go to the dark side, Yurika.

Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs 15

Huh. I wasn't expecting any progress on that front, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 17

Oh snap, sleepover time...

stay green? by Oosawa Yayoi

Somewhat sudden, but pretty cute for only 10 pages.

Kieli

But she nearly caused the death of Ishida. If she has the gall to confess to him right after that....

I demand MORE SUFFERING. NO HAPPINESS FOR MC AND MAIN GIRL.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Psyren's beginning was nice
Yeah, the home stretch feels pretty rough though because of the cancellation I think. It's been a long time since I've read it.

About Koe No Katachi,

Nishimiya's decision to tie her hair up in a ponytail is probably due to Ishida right? I remember him complimenting her about it at one time.

Symbolism that she's not going to half ass anymore I guess. Will probably confess to Ishida after he wakes up.
I didn't even catch that. You're probably right. I mean, it has to be coming soon because of the manga ending...

dani_dc

But she nearly caused the death of Ishida. If she has the gall to confess to him right after that....

I demand MORE SUFFERING. NO HAPPINESS FOR MC AND MAIN GIRL.

He deemed her important enough to put her life ahead of his, I doubt he has any regrets on nearly dying if it meant that she is alright.

Poor Ueno though, she'll be the one suffering I'm the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom