• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
I guess it could be incest the moment of the pairs hook up?

Eh, the pairings all occur within the same generation. There are several cases of a pair of twins marrying another pair of twins and it wasn't considered incestuous. I'd say it follows the same principle.

kasane

This is the weirdest lower body I've ever seen

image.php

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Amagi Brilliant Park 1-5
So this is the latest story by the author of Full Metal Panic!, but so far I'm a little disappointed. The main protagonist is super hammy, which is a good thing, but I think he's tending to go towards the gary stu archetype as the story goes on. I feel like we've got the beginning of another love triangle here, with the princess being a possible childhood friend and the knight girl being his sidekick for now. I also don't understand how the fumoffu rip off could be the princess's uncle unless it's adoptive or something.

Here's to hoping it shapes up better in the coming chapters.

Amagi Brilliant Park 1-5
So this is the latest story by the author of Full Metal Panic!, but so far I'm a little disappointed. The main protagonist is super hammy, which is a good thing, but I think he's tending to go towards the gary stu archetype as the story goes on. I feel like we've got the beginning of another love triangle here, with the princess being a possible childhood friend and the knight girl being his sidekick for now. I also don't understand how the fumoffu rip off could be the princess's uncle unless it's adoptive or something.

Here's to hoping it shapes up better in the coming chapters.

Nah, rip KyoAni.

All they can do now is :DTL.

Mortemis

Banned
Magi 235

Back to present day? Thank god. Also Arba is just a container full of fucked up craziness. Damn girl.

Kingdom 399

Fucking awesome chapter. Mother fucking Kyoukai. Those Ouhon chapters were such a snooze but you can see how just one character can change up the enjoyment. That character being Ouhon who bores the hell outta me, but Kyoukai does make this more enjoyable.

Kieli

The Cheerleading Manga with the depressed MC who went back 3 years in time:

This is progressing way, way too quickly. Wasn't it cancelled because of low sales?

:'(

Goddamit, why do all the good stuff get chopped.

Usobuko

Banned
Ctrl F Moteki.

No one reads this?

The Cheerleading Manga with the depressed MC who went back 3 years in time:

This is progressing way, way too quickly. Wasn't it cancelled because of low sales?

:'(

Goddamit, why do all the good stuff get chopped.

You talking about Again! ?

To be frank, the current saga just wasn't that good. It draggy and lose stream in my opinion. Last chapter is 136 and sales wasn't that bad at all. It's around the range of 30+ k for the week whenever a new volume is released.

To be that into perspective, Baby Steps ( in the same magazine ) is around that number too and still continue for like 100+ chapter before its anime adaptation news came. She's one of my favourite female mangaka though, if she came up with a new work after Again!, I'll instantly recognize her artstyle.

Zweizer

Banned
Kokoro Kimiiro Sakurairo ch6

Mother is what you'd expect from the series.

I'd like to see an overprotective mom for once (not the harsh kind but the doting kind).

Usobuko

Banned
Is marathoning through Detective Conan a good idea?

if so Anime or Manga?

Do you like whodunit mystery?

Can I propose Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo instead? Coming from someone who read and owned everything published for Kindaichi and after more than 700 chapters of DC before I called it quit.

It's not that clear cut in quality between these 2, it's actually more about preferences instead. I also like Kindaichi first ending theme, so beautifully crafted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzPLj6gJEaw

Kieli

Ctrl F Moteki.

No one reads this?

I read Moteki. I have to read it in small bursts because the schadenfreude is too much.

I'm laughing at this dude and his mishaps with the girls. Holy shit, they are playing him like Shadow of the Colossus.

Usobuko

Banned
if Detective Conan/Case Closed gets tedious then I'll just drop it

I'll also check out that anime Usobuko

Thanks Guys :)

I won't say it get tedious, it just that both of these are on-going and I pick one to stick with.

Btw, if anything, I prefer manga for whodunit. The appeal of whodunit mystery is basically encouraging the readers to solve the mystery before our main protagonist does so. there will always be clues that are subtle to spot with in certain manga panels or anime shots. However, with manga, or books in general, you have more control over the pacing.

Chariot

I am actually interested in the Black Organisation. The battles between them and Conan, the FBI and CIA are always really cool. It's so sad, that there is maybe once a year some arc dedicated to them.

Also: isn't Conan still in first year? Japanese murder rates are insane.

Chariot

I'd say it's more likely that he's the true culprit of all those murders, it just makes more sense.
Would be an insane twist and ending of the series. Conan subconsciously created a Moriarty for his sanity and somehow orchestrated every single murder in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom