• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece

Oda probably needs to have a wimpy, weeping prince at some point to even the scores. Not that Rebecca is wimpy exactly, but she should have been designed as a much more competant fighter that can at least hold her own. Also, there is no reason under the son why Diamante should beat Kyros. Going by reputation and approach, Kyros should probably be stronger. It is not like Diamante's ability is particularly great anyway.

Hmm, seems like Isshao has the upper hand against Sabo considering he doesn't have any scrapes. On the other hand, seems like Sabo is holding his own so far which is good. It will get interrupted.
I don't worry much.

Rebecca's trauma foreshadows that she's gonna save her dad and probably give the final blow after overcoming her fear.

Besides, it's a common trope that effects most male characters in Shonen too. It's an effective character building tool.

upandaway

One Piece

Rebecca... eeeeeehhhh... really now. I mean I didn't expect anything from here, but y'know? That's a bit hammy.
They were setting her up to be this weak girl who tried hard to survive with fighting, okay, I get that. She's weak, aye. But about the tried hard part, that kinda falls apart when she crawls away from someone without even trying. What's the point of everything she did up to now? Oh well.

Kyros being a boss was great, and there's Robin and Bart and Law and whew. I kinda agree with the people saying it would've been nice to focus on 1 character.

I couldn't pull a grandjedi even if I wanted, but y'know what, I'll give some predictions a try.
Based on the following...
- Robin's Luffy hype
- Luffy being the only one with real focus right now (usually he'd be in some hole or inside a snake until everyone else are done with their 1v1s)
- The uncharacteristic advantage the Straw Hats are in right now
I'm gonna say that Luffy will get turned into a toy. And it will mess everything up for a good while.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah but so has everybody in the world seeing that every goddamn food was injected with it. You need to be injected with the gourmet cells though to be a part of it if I remember correctly.

Kyou Kara Yonshimai

8gExZHw.png

Oh wow, a gender bender manga that actually explores the idea of how trans people deal with opening up to their family, instead of using gender bender to explore lewd stuff (which I do love)?

Also has an actual trans person, instead of people inexplicably switching genders because of magic (which I do love)?

Awesome.

Please don't devolve into just lewd gender bender stuff (which I do love).

Finalow

One Piece

hey, maybe one day he will decide to focus on a single battle so it might actually get interesting. Sabo vs Fujitora11 *super gravity world destruction activated - meanwhile luffy and co. ZZzz
now they're finally on the last level, in 10 chapters or so the fight with Doflamingo should start.

Antiwhippy

He got infused with Gourmet cells when he was caught by Midora according to wiki. But i remember it was mentioned early in the manga that Komatsu does not have gourmet cells.

I don't remember the manga saying anything about midora giving komatsu groumet cells.

Chapter 271 page 8-9

Eh, I thought it was just the power of the food or whatever was so strong that even normal humans can feel it.

Still, having little teasers like those doesn't mean that it isn't sudden. Just little less random I guess, but there really wasn't anything building up for this.

I'm looking at the wiki and it seems like it's speculation.

Not sure why they put it right there on his page like it's confirmed, there's not even any citation or anything

Usually i don´t trust wiki about fiction, but i thought i could trust them this time :(

Yeah Komatsu does not have gourmet cells.

Antiwhippy

I'm looking at the wiki and it seems like it's speculation.

Not sure why they put it right there on his page like it's confirmed, there's not even any citation or anything

Wikis are always a great source of legit information. I wouldn't doubt it that much personally, the sources are always rock solid.

Kyou Kara Yonshimai 5

So far kind of lewd in certain ways, but it actually deals with the trans topic pretty well.

Liking it so far, it doesn't go into too much drama about the family accepting their brother wanting to become a woman (though there is some), but ya know what, it's nice to read happy stuff about transgenderism with everybody being relatively accepting.

That makes 2 mangas that I've read in my life that actually deals with the transgender subject somewhat seriously.

Zweizer

Banned
That makes 2 mangas that I've read in my life that actually deals with the transgender subject somewhat seriously.

Sounds interesting. I'll add it to my backlog. What's the other one?

I checked it up on MU and the Category Recommendation made me laugh.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan volume 1. Even though it's not an original tale, Hirmou Arakawa makes it her own. I hope she can overcome her family problems in short time so she can churn this and Silver Spoon out regularly.

And oh my heck at those Kuroko spoilers. Hahahahahahahaha

It was obvious. I have just seen the raws. Worst manga i have ever read confirmed. And finally i drop it.
I hope it ends now to give life for some new series. Haikyuu, Hinomaru Zumo and Soma have the competition genre on lockdown. I want to see what these Oda disciples can do, i.e. Mitsubuki Condor and Yokaemon.

jbug617

Banned
I hope it ends now to give life for some new series. Haikyuu, Hinomaru Zumo and Soma have the competition genre on lockdown. I want to see what these Oda disciples can do, i.e. Mitsubuki Condor and Yokaemon.

Worser then Fairy Tail?

I hope Kuroko ends with this tournament
I cringed so much with the whole "it is your friends behind that door" power up

I think they might do an international arc next with the GOM getting back together.

Nordicus

What is this? Sounds interesting
It's about a hotel where Dowman Sayman stuff happens.

Featuring witches, zombies, criminals and other fun, wacky characters.
And it all happens so casually as well. There's not a single Voynich Hotel chapter that isn't at least a little weird, but everyone's so chill about it that it's almost contagious.

Imagine a perfect middle-point between Black Lagoon and Panty & Stocking

The completely normal romance between an ex-yakuza and a witch, our protagonists (well, as much as there can be any)
qbRFkmI.jpg

It was Yoshihiro Togashi who suggested it Fujimaki in a interview. I don't think it was confirmed to happen but since the manga still sells well I think there is more planned.

Couldn't hurt things at this point.

the sad thing about it is at least in EyeShield (even though it was very illogical) had a 100% better plot then this pretty boys doing the same thing over and over again

So a ending like that with a boring ass cast is even worse imho

Haikyuu is really good.
Worser then Fairy Tail?

I hope Kuroko ends with this tournament
I cringed so much with the whole "it is your friends behind that door" power up

Yes, much worse. I find FT to be entertaining.

Kurita

There were still a nice amount of pretty boys in Eyeshield 21.
Yamato~ /swoons
Kakei~ /faints
Short-haired Sakuraba~ unf unf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom