• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairy Tail 397

I don't know why he was so adamant on getting is waifu to kiss everyone else.

simple... by making them all taste the best he will then take her away leaving them envious and wanting more
then again the only comparable top tier is Juvia

Natsu deserves the worst female Lucy
bad characters deserve each other

am I doing it right?

TsuXna

"One Punch man" is just... so damn awesome manga!
I love the plot, characters, atmosphere, battles and most of all humor is brilliant!
I'm curious though, how mangaka will keep the plot tense. Just one punching enemies throughout the whole manga will get boring, at the same time that's the key point of the main character Saitama. So will be interesting to see how Mangaka will get out of this hard situation.
Dat legendary logo:
VImy6kiBH_M.jpg

Wiseblade

"The Hunter x Hunter, Baby Steps and Haikyu anime probably aren't going to continue for much longer, I should find something else to watch. Akame Ga Kill? That name sounds familiar..."

"5 episodes and this hasn't really drawn me in at all. Let me give it one more..."

"She actually died! Well she was kind of a throwaway character anyway. I bet that doesn't happen again. Although I can't shake the feeling I've heard of this before..."

"Now I remember, this is the 'Death Flag' manga! Maybe I should actually try reading it. "

Akame ga Kill 40

ALL THE DEATH FLAGS

It was nice knowing you Meine (not, you're easily worst girl)

scy

Kingdom 400 - RIP that one person I forgot the name of

Sankarea 52 - Rea looking awfully creepy there.

...so uh, are we going down the tragic end route?

Kingdom 400

They thought they could run away? Man you can't run away!

How DARE YOU RUN FROM KYOUKAI GREATNESS.... Her husbando will deal with YOU

Shin kill the other duuuuuuuude after quickly GODSPEEEEEED

Usobuko

Banned
Kingdom 400

Fuck, I have high hopes for him. He was supposed to be the mastermind behind everything. Now Shin will get the highest reward for taking down 2 Fire Dragons.

I've read the first volume and bought the first 4, but I can't get myself to go over the other 3 volumes I have for some reason.

It's a slow burn.

I agreed that the start ( or the first game ) wasn't particularly interesting, in fact I thought it was kinda generic too where you have a zero to hero protagonist with special skill. That unique skill set is actually simple critical thinking used to break down the games. As a survival game series, the games are actually pretty interesting and trollish but fair to an extent. It helps that it stays grounded throughout the series. I like the fact that they have 4 different category of games following poker's suits with the number indicating the difficulty.

I'm at Volume 10. Why not read until you finished chapter 9? Haha.

Kieli

Toriko and Naruto

You get a power-up, you get a power-up, and you get a power-up. Everyone gets a power-up!

Hard work and training is fo' chumps.

Wiseblade

Akame ga kill 47

Why the hell are you still alive, Mine? You outstayed your welcome 46 chapters ago. Also ESDEATH IS SUPER BROKEN WHAT THE HELL.

Kingdom 400

Fuck, I have high hopes for him. He was supposed to be the mastermind behind everything. Now Shin will get the highest reward for taking down 2 Fire Dragons.

I doubt he will die... someone will come and save him before it is too late

his master though... she is dead as dead can be

Kingdom

Kyogodess. When they felt safe, Shin shows up at the end lol.

Noblesse

Fun chapter.

simple... by making them all taste the best he will then take her away leaving them envious and wanting more
then again the only comparable top tier is Juvia

Natsu deserves the worst female Lucy
bad characters deserve each other

am I doing it right?

YUCK.

Love so life 56

IT ONLY TOOK YOU 56 FUCKING CHAPTERS TO REALISE THIS?
Come on dude. This is not your first time reading this kind of manga.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hellsing.

Especially if you love gore and violence.

I enjoyed the hellsing
anime but the oppressive atmosphere and gore makes it hard for me to want revisit.
Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) should be a good fit for what you want to read.

Same reason as yelling but I enjoyed the series immensely from what I remember... its been over a decade.

hipbabboom

"One Punch man" is just... so damn awesome manga!
I love the plot, characters, atmosphere, battles and most of all humor is brilliant!
I'm curious though, how mangaka will keep the plot tense. Just one punching enemies throughout the whole manga will get boring, at the same time that's the key point of the main character Saitama. So will be interesting to see how Mangaka will get out of this hard situation.
Dat legendary logo:
VImy6kiBH_M.jpg

I dont think his over powered nature is the true plotline here. The story is a pretty damning critique of the selfishness of human beings. The protagonist is being setup as a tragic hero for sure.

That's not to say the battle scenarios aren't epic. People are taking the one punch paradigm to literally. Superman isn't without his moments of weakness but when all is said and done, he's still a super man. In the same manner, one punch man will sometimes throw multiple punches but all his fights will likely be decided in one punch. The writer highlights this fact in one of the early chapters by bowing or MC doing a signature move called 'proper chain punch' where he throws a few punches. There's clearly enough variety being introduced in each new encounter to have believe it will stay interesting. If it was going to get old, it would have become so after 37 chapters.

Chariot

So I recently got started and got caught up on One Punch Man and comparing that with mahouka anime I've been watching... I think I have a power fantasy fetish... or at the very least, I like a protagonist whose consistently great and enjoy the story being how they apply that greatness.

I'm craving more manga like this, preferably things with large backlogs built up already.
Well, Kenshin is totally OP in-world. I think he could down easily everyone but a handful of people who would be more difficult to take down, if he would decide to kill and even going easy on enemies he still defeats most guys without much problems. (Rurouni Kenshin)
Maybe the Accelerator manga.
I think Medaka Box should be good for you, although I never read that.

That's not much, I could spontaneously recommend more anime with über protagonists. Hamatora, Mondaijitachi, Log Horizon, No Game No Life, Afro Samurai and Katanagari.

Mumei

Library editions: How do these differ from the regular paperback editions? I have several manga series I'm trying to complete that are [mostly] out of print, but with a several volumes still available as library editions. Do they have different sizes, different cover artwork, different binding, or what? Would they likely look noticeably different on a shelf next to the regular editions?

hipbabboom

Well, Kenshin is totally OP in-world. I think he could down easily everyone but a handful of people who would be more difficult to take down, if he would decide to kill and even going easy on enemies he still defeats most guys without much problems. (Rurouni Kenshin)
Maybe the Accelerator manga.
I think Medaka Box should be good for you, although I never read that.

That's not much, I could spontaneously recommend more anime with über protagonists. Hamatora, Mondaijitachi, Log Horizon, No Game No Life, Afro Samurai and Katanagari.

So good. I'm avoiding the manga since I started the anime:)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't understand why tvtropes lists people with primarily deredere tendences that turn into tsuntsun first as tsunderes. Isn't that just having a short fuse?

Gotta get more members for the RK man haha.

With union having all those guns i don't mind them getting a similar injection tbh but i'm surprised the flashback with Muzaka seems to be over already.

Although i wish M21 and co. could stand up on their own. Now it´s too late and the power levels of the remaining Union members are ridiculous.

One thing that pisses me off, same with Bleach, is the absence of human character. Shinwoo and that tech guy had huge potential to grow. Hell, Shinwoo beat a mutant. That should have highlighted him more as a character and as a capable fighter, but he was forgotten like the rest of the humans :(

Yes. It felt really abrupt. I had to check the previous chapter to see if i missed anything.

Oops DP.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I wish more people read Alice in Borderland :(

I read them. In my country, the publisher publish it just like shonen jump, individual chapter with other manga. The magazine is no longer published, but the tankoubon for Alice in borderland will be released shortly. I am going to buy it when it released.

Chariot

Big Order 21

This is getting interesting again. I love characters like Sena, who push around much physically stronger people by intelligence and charisma. I hope she will be the focus now instead of Protagonist.

So good. I'm avoiding the manga since I started the anime:)
If you like No Game No Life you should without a doubt take a look at Mondaijitachi. They have quite the similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom