• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 48

Shoujo manga is serious business

Also, this makes Sakura seems like the most crazy one in the cast, lol

Gekkan shoujo is the kind of manga where the role of 'normal person' basically depends on the type of jokes that are being made.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 51

ZMvZP3X.png

Poor Waka. At first he's a shoujo protag then he becomes a shoujo love interest.

He's broken by shoujo manga.

Quasar

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki 19-20

I love how enthusiastic he is about wanting to get the word out there. Dude gives absolutely no fucks about any sort of height complex between the two of them or the fact that despite all the guys in his class that tend to mock her because of her height, he's all for the relationship even if it makes him seem weird to them as a result.

In some ways this is giving me some 14-sai no Koi vibes.

Glad you mentioned this. Like this. Its also got me back rewatching Lovely Complex.

dani_dc

Why is it that the only time any of my friends actually go check mangas I mentions is when I talk about Nozomu Nozomi and Kiss My Ass?

Lain

But kaichou wa maid-sama is good
during the first half.

I still have volume 18 to read, but overall I liked it. I liken it to something like Mei-chan's Butler, in which it's just a continuation of misunderstandings and troublesome people thrown in to keep the story going, but since the characters, their reactions and the drawing style are all so d'awwwww, I'm fully satisfied with it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm cool with Ken interacting with nozaki just because he highlights just how fucking weird Nozaki is.

Maeno is just annoying though.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
No matter how much you stalk me around you aren't getting me to jump ships from the JoJo anime to the manga!

JoJoGAF is a wonderful place, Dani. You'll find its many wonders when the anime finishes airing Part 10 in 2159.

kasane

Lol jojo is one of the series that will never finish alongside berserk, kaze no stigma, zero no tsukaima and MM

R.I.P to the LN authors. As a follower of their works i got hit hard.

Jojo and berserk is a whole different beast tho

dani_dc

I have no wonders about how great JoJoGAF is I can't wait to read all of it in 100 years time!
I also don't doubt the quality of the manga, but the anime is just making such an wonderful adaptation that I'd hate to see it "go to waste" so to say.

Lol jojo is one of the series that will never finish alongside berserk, kaze no stigma, zero no tsukaima and MM

R.I.P to the LN authors. As a follower of their works i got hit hard.

Jojo and berserk is a whole different beast tho

The difference between JoJo (at least up to part 3) and Berserk is that each Part of JoJo has a beginning and an ending, so if something happened to Araki tomorrow the only thing that wouldn't be finished would be part 8. While if Berserk stopped tomorrow we'd have no kind of resolution whatsoever.

I do think we're going to see Berserk end, we're probably closer to the end than most people give it credit for, I'm thinking Elf Island and then a last arc afterwards, sure it will take 15 more years, but as long as Miura sticks around (and manages to keep a 1 volume per year rate) I think we'll see it.

Didn't know about Zero no Tsukaima author having died though, RIP.

I don't really blame you, the JoJo adaptation is solid as hell barring the censorship and stuff like that, but that can all be fixed in BD's.

The only real downside is the wait that you don't have to experience, as you don't know the contents of future parts. If it doesn't bother you to wait to see content that's been out for years then you're set.

I'll be waiting to see parts of 3-8 animated for years to come.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You could always go with the super happy fun anime Berserk ending as canon! It's so lighthearted and fun!

Oyayubi kara Romance 01-11

l6RZAWvl.jpg

Chiaki is a massage crazy girl who one day sees an extremely handsome and stiff back and just wants to massage it.

Lol, this is amusing. It starts very shoujo with the insecure lead, the extremely handsome boy and some bitchy girl. But then, they actually become a couple and then its lots of blush faces and adorableness between the two leads.

And then there's the girl beating up thugs through pressure points and a super secret underground massage tournament. I don't even know what to expect anymore with this series.

dani_dc

I don't really blame you, the JoJo adaptation is solid as hell barring the censorship and stuff like that, but that can all be fixed in BD's.

The only real downside is the wait that you don't have to experience, as you don't know the contents of future parts. If it doesn't bother you to wait to see content that's been out for years then you're set.

I'll be waiting to see parts of 3-8 animated for years to come.

Actually I usually tend to jump on the manga when I catch up with the animes, but with JoJo I just can't imagine the series without all the screaming or the color pallet changes, plus the great OST's. And it's also one of those things I can legitimately say I look forward to watch every week.

Parasyte 45

Jeez lady what's your problem

Just the best parasyte/mom of all time really.

You could always go with the super happy fun anime Berserk ending as canon! It's so lighthearted and fun!

Sounds like a great ending to me! You're one to talk though, you haven't read Berserk, you should be doing that rather than to keep fighting this worthless cause (at least while the anime keeps being quality) of converting me to JoJo manga.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
KINGDOM 400 RAW

KYOUKAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :3 <3 <3 <3 :3 :3

WHY'RE YOU SO AWESOME GIRLLLLL :D

Damn can't believe the bishounen general got offed
so nonchalantly like that but it's Kyoukai so whaddya expect :3

Revo

Diamond no Ace 1-10

I wanted to balance out the shoujo with shounen and this is pretty shounen so i'm happy with my decision to start.

Eroge no Taiyou 1

Recognize this game?

ifz5aZv.jpg

If you don't..

Ignore this post and continue to live your life in blissful ignorance.

If you do..

Think of the setting and switch the protagonist from a Eroge worshiper to a former businessman whose been laid off after being betrayed by his coworkers.

You now have the premises of the manga.

Except you know, with the possibility of no h-scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom