• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Thank you guys, what is lost is lost though... it's more about the psychological damage my family is having.

---

Shokugeki no Soma summer chapters
holding hands is so shameless

Usobuko

Banned
The Kaiji arc with 3 side characters engaging in a co-op death game is really boring and nonsensical in nature. Dreadful pacing too.

Zweizer

Banned
The Kaiji arc with 3 side characters engaging in a co-op death game is really boring and nonsensical in nature. Dreadful pacing too.

The one with Kazuya's games? Yeah I kinda dropped it at that point. It just fails to keep me interested for some reason.

The pacing is nothing unusual for Fukumoto though. See Akagi.

dani_dc

Koe No Katachi 50

Well, repeatedly kissing an unconscious person that you aren't in a relationship with is a whole new level of creepiness. I love it.

In her own twisted way she really cares for Ishida, even though you could call it childish considering she doesn't like the "present" one but this idea of him she has from when they were kids, she does care for him.

I do understand her wish for him to never wake up again, she's afraid of having to deal with reality, because she is ultimately aware of her situation. It's extremely depressing.

That Keisuke Hirose is a cunt, from her text it's clear she only went to save him because of Shimada, who the hell sees someone fall from a bulding into a river and does nothing?

As a sidenote, what is going on in this panel?
IvlHHz8.png

This is on the flashback, but the person in the middle looks way too old to be a 12 year old Ueno.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 94

Why is he trying to change the future in the actual future?
The comment regarding the old-man was a nice throw back, but it's irrelevant. Whenever he managed to change timeline was via the past, and that's not what he's doing here.

The fact that the teacher can jump between other timelines as well as actually be able to force time-slips is an interesting point, in a way it implies that there are multiple time lines existing all at once, so it's ultimately irrelevant if Wagatsuma dies in this timeline, she'll still be alive in all others, it's just that the MC will be stuck in a timeline where she's doomed to die.

They've robbed my house, hug me.
Thank you guys, what is lost is lost though... it's more about the psychological damage my family is having.

Very sorry to hear about that Lele, I can't imagine how it would feel to have your space invaded in such a way, I hope all the best for you and your family.

Remember when we use to get our scans on Friday?
ah those were the days

Edit: I prefer Kuroko ending... it would've dragged on too much with its constant repetition

If I wasn't only a head I would've hugged
sucks about the robbing though :(

My bike was stolen a few days ago

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Naruto Summer chapters
It's incredible how Sakura has been useless until the last chapter, and even now it's not like she has done that much... Kakashi uber-sharingan is so cool though.

Toriko Summer chapters
Everything was Oni.

HunterXHunter Summer chapters
Ging is so goddamn cool also Leorio's ability (used by Ging) are pretty neat too.
I'm so glad that this manga is back.

Kenichi Summer chapters
How's that guy able to still use the Seidou Gouitsu? also i want the old man to stop all this war stuff.

---

Oh man, sorry to hear that.

Being robbed sure does make you feel the blue (i've been robbed twice).

The first one is my laptop. I really don't care about the laptop, but there's some data that's important to me. I'd rather have the data back, the robber could take the laptop for all i care. I just want my data back.

The second one, they got our TV and some jewelry. Funny thing is, they didn't take my PS3.

I'm going to assume that this applies to most mangas that get an anime adaptation, seeing that I've never checked before, but holy shit gekkan shoujo has a lot of merch.

Do you want a mikorin cleaning cloth?

Or a Nozaki mug?

That's usually happens with new adaptations but they are definitely giving Nozaki a giant push since they are releasing more merch than usual. It's like everyday there's something new. It's amazing.

Well it's making fun of all that if that excites you.

Also animegaf jumped on mangaf's bandwagon.

You're missing out. It parodies so much of that stuff. And there's no harem.

Not your typical one tho

Its hilarious

Woah, you're missing out one of the best 4koma comedy out there

I generally don't like comedies or romance, I like them as part of a bigger action series but not when they are the entire focus of the plot. I'll admit its probably really good, but I know I personally won't enjoy it so I'm not going to read it. Sorry to disappoint

upandaway

Brynhildr 61

Yeah, didn't expect anything else with Neko. I like it better when they're making do with B powers but sure, go all out. That kinda has to happen if you introduce someone like Mako.

At some point I only read the manga with a blank face. The things that happen didn't even manage to make me upset anymore.
I'm pretty confident at this point that a happy end isn't happening. Only reading out of curiosity, I'll stop eventually before things get too bad.

I'm also hoping not to see the next time A Huge Battleship makes a cleaning up pun.

Bynrhildr 63

That was amusing. I like this new girl.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 50

So, his childhood friends who betrayed him, saved him? And whoa Hirose changed, I thought he was a woman for a second.

I guess Ueno doesn't want Ishida to wake up because as long as he doesn't, she can pretend that he's hers. But still, kissing an unconscious guy like that is creeeeeeeepy.

AAK

Okay after this current Hajime No Ippo chapter this manga is definitely among my all time favorites. I've never been this riveted reading a comic since the Enies Lobby arc of One Piece.

dani_dc

Ippo Spoilers Discussion

So damn happy to hear that Ippo actually loses, hopefully this will lead to him actually growing his fighting style, which should had happened some 5-10 years (real time) ago.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Orange 13

Bwuh, they're not going out?! What the.

And everyone got a letter, not just Naho and Suwa. I wonder if black haired friend is going to try to comfort Suwa,

Chariot

Wait, Bynrhildr is still going on? Past what the Anime covered?
Yes. It covers the story until ca. ch. 100, but also just skipped a lot of things until then, including a whole arc.
The organisation is still around, so there is lots and lots to do, including bathing, eating food and dancing around the neko amnesia issue.

TsuXna

I dont think his over powered nature is the true plotline here. The story is a pretty damning critique of the selfishness of human beings. The protagonist is being setup as a tragic hero for sure.

That's not to say the battle scenarios aren't epic. People are taking the one punch paradigm to literally. Superman isn't without his moments of weakness but when all is said and done, he's still a super man. In the same manner, one punch man will sometimes throw multiple punches but all his fights will likely be decided in one punch. The writer highlights this fact in one of the early chapters by bowing or MC doing a signature move called 'proper chain punch' where he throws a few punches. There's clearly enough variety being introduced in each new encounter to have believe it will stay interesting. If it was going to get old, it would have become so after 37 chapters.
Very nice answer :3

upandaway

Brynhildr 42-72

A bit silly but sure. Things are surprisingly progressing well plot wise but there's still too many mysteries.
Guess I'll stop here for today.

ampere

FYI, apparently you aren't getting shit in terms of Naruto/Bleach/One Piece due to some kind of crackdown on raw providers. But hey, I remember Friday chapters of Naruto, and apparently you will too.

I was beginning to think it was some sort of week off. Oh well, hopefully we get em soon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I was beginning to think it was some sort of week off. Oh well, hopefully we get em soon.

I don't really give a shit about Naruto or Bleach coming out, I'm just bent that it means Shokugeki no Soma will come out even later.

Quixzlizx

I wonder if Ueno gets that Ishida may not have changed as much as he did if she hadn't shit all over him with everyone else and turned him into a self-loathing loner for years. I thought it was pretty funny that her reason for hating Shouko was that she didn't pour the final shovelful of dirt on him even though she was the only one who actually had a reason to.

Also, how is Brynhildr? I actually thought the Elfen Lied anime was good for what it was, but the manga was a disaster. I was all excited to read the manga and get past where the anime ended, but the plot was so bad I don't even remember what happened.

dani_dc

I wonder if Ueno gets that Ishida may not have changed as much as he did if she hadn't shit all over him with everyone else and turned him into a self-loathing loner for years. I thought it was pretty funny that her reason for hating Shouko was that she didn't pour the final shovelful of dirt on him even though she was the only one who actually had a reason to.

Pretty sure she doesn't, it was fine when she didn't understand it as a kid, but she really should had figured it out while growing up, she's quite delusional about it.

I wonder what she would do if she knew Ishida was planning to commit suicide due to the actions of Ueno and the rest of the class.

ampere

I don't really give a shit about Naruto or Bleach coming out, I'm just bent that it means Shokugeki no Soma will come out even later.

I still looooooove One Piece. Naruto and Bleach are just... decade long habits that I want to see conclusions for.

Never heard of that one you mentioned

Nordicus

I wonder what she would do if she knew Ishida was planning to commit suicide due to the actions of Ueno and the rest of the class.
I am so incredibly anxious to find out. I'm fairly certain that the topic will come up, either brought up by Ishida or his mother

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still looooooove One Piece. Naruto and Bleach are just... decade long habits that I want to see conclusions for.

Never heard of that one you mentioned

Its about shameless hand-holding.

Chariot

Also, how is Brynhildr? I actually thought the Elfen Lied anime was good for what it was, but the manga was a disaster. I was all excited to read the manga and get past where the anime ended, but the plot was so bad I don't even remember what happened.
It's bad, but so bad that it is entertaining again, if you like that. It's start of promising with a few mysteries, but everything falls apart, when it just concentrates on being edgy and show half naked girl harem in the bath and makes strange cuts from someone getting splattered to a BBQ. Everyone is stupid - except the protagonist who has surprising bright moments, while everyone else is 24/7 dumb. It also loves to kill people, just to reverse deaths a minute later through different means.
lol someone on MangaGAF that doesn't read Soma
I suddenly feel deep shame.

dani_dc

I am so incredibly anxious to find out. I'm fairly certain that the topic will come up, either brought up by Ishida or his mother

I'm actually not too sure it will come out at this point, perhaps as a healing point for Ueno, but I like it when stories don't always tight up everything perfectly.

It might come out a bit later, but I think it will suffer less of a delay than Naruto or Bleach considering the raws got translated later to begin with.

Angry Grimace

I'm actually not too sure it will come out at this point, perhaps as a healing point for Ueno, but I like it when stories don't always tight up everything perfectly.

It might come out a bit later, but I think it will suffer less of a delay than Naruto or Bleach considering the raws got translated later to begin with.

It probably will just come out that much later. In the end it makes no real difference other than the first week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom