• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I feel like the fighting in terraformars is bit more justified than gantz if only slightly. The bug hybrids in terraformars is something interesting i haven't scene a lot before and results in some pretty cool action scenes. Also I wish the gantz anime was done better.

CDjapan has it, and it's pretty cheap, so it's probably not that substantial. Still, from the scans I've seen I need it.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1685788

That's a lot cheaper than the usual price for fanbooks (around the 2000 yen area)

Of course, everyone should be getting the most moe figure of next year:
NEOBK-1677793.jpg

I feel like the fighting in terraformars is bit more justified than gantz if only slightly. The bug hybrids in terraformars is something interesting i haven't scene a lot before and results in some pretty cool action scenes. Also I wish the gantz anime was done better.

the whole hybrid thing is really great I love how they explain all the abilities in depth too

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
the whole hybrid thing is really great I love how they explain all the abilities in depth too
I mean superhuman strength is cool and all but is a bit overplayed. Being to fly at 150 MPH with blades on your back to slice foes or being able to create a plan with web to incapicate and ourtsmart a foe much stronger than you is hell of a lot interesting and cooler. That being said, ill always have a place for good old hand to hand combat.

I mean superhuman strength is cool and all but is a bit overplayed. Being to fly at 150 MPH with blades on your back to slice foes or being able to create a plan with web to incapicate and ourtsmart a foe much stronger than you is hell of a lot interesting and cooler. That being said, ill always have a place for good old hand to hand combat.

I really like the Blast Ant ability and the Bag Moth ones, but they're all really cool. The hallucinating plant is awesome too

do they only get Super Strength in Gantz?

Hajime no Ippo 1069 raw

I can't believe Ippo lost this match. Is Mori going to stretch this manga for another decade? Is he insane? Does he realize most of his readers will probably be dead by the time he finishes this thing? Why take >>ELEVEN<< FUCKING MONTHS on a super stretched out fight that Ippo LOSES. Holy fucking shit the amount of saltiness I got right now would make even the ocean blush

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FYI, apparently you aren't getting shit in terms of Naruto/Bleach/One Piece due to some kind of crackdown on raw providers. But hey, I remember Friday chapters of Naruto, and apparently you will too.

kasane

Not being in japan is suffering :_
FYI, apparently you aren't getting shit in terms of Naruto/Bleach/One Piece due to some kind of crackdown on raw providers. But hey, I remember Friday chapters of Naruto, and apparently you will too.

Whoa hey now

Nippon is not kidding around this time?

upandaway

So I just started up through UBW in the FSN VN.

Sakura seems just as insufferable in this route as she did in the last one. Rin > Seibaa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sakura
I used to think the same, then I read HF. Rin and Sakura made a clean switch in that equation.

Well not really that Sakura moved above Rin, more like Rin just moved way below Sakura. Saber wait who's that.

Didn't see your reaction to the UBW twist, what did you think (I guess it would be better to continue this in the VN thread, dunno)

wonzo

Banned
*googles*

OMG I want that too.

Still need to hunt down one of those danbo figures.

I feel like at this point danbo is more famous than the source material.
you can order those from amazon *orders charger for bday*

the mini one even has its eyes light up instead but i need that extra capacity doe

smurfx

get some go again
Hajime no Ippo 1069 raw

I can't believe Ippo lost this match. Is Mori going to stretch this manga for another decade? Is he insane? Does he realize most of his readers will probably be dead by the time he finishes this thing? Why take >>ELEVEN<< FUCKING MONTHS on a super stretched out fight that Ippo LOSES. Holy fucking shit the amount of saltiness I got right now would make even the ocean blush
ippo needed to lose so he could see how much he and the coach sucked. getting your head bashed in the whole fight and only winning because the other guy was too tired will only get you so far. hopefully ippo will completely change his style and start fighting like tyson.

i read that shueisha is delaying the shipping of manga to crack down on early releases.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not being in japan is suffering :_

Whoa hey now

Nippon is not kidding around this time?

It happens every now and again. We used to get chapters on Friday/Saturday, we'd get them Wednesdays for a few weeks at a time but they'd always crackdown on leaks soon enough. Odds are we'll be back to Wednesdays after a month or two at the very most.

ippo needed to lose so he could see how much he and the coach sucked. getting your head bashed in the whole fight and only winning because the other guy was too tired will only get you so far. hopefully ippo will completely change his style and start fighting like tyson.

That's probably where it's going. He's been winning world level fights due to power and endurance, Ippo needs something more than that to go further.

Rhapsody

Banned
Wagatsuma-san 123

Oh, so they acknowledged the story about the old man way back. I actually enjoyed that one, so it's nice to see it mentioned.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
you can order those from amazon *orders charger for bday*

the mini one even has its eyes light up instead but i need that extra capacity doe

Does Amazon ship to Australia now?

I have an Amazon about for kindle but i don't think I've ever had them ship stuff to me.

I agree that it was an idiotic strategy to begin with and Kamogawa made a horrible amount of mistakes, but this match still could have served as a catalyst for a style change or a big improvement with a win as well. What frustrates me is that it will probably take several years, REAL LIFE YEARS, before we get to the point where he's capable of facing Martinez (assuming he remains the champion), a fight which in itself will probably take another year.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Koe no Katachi 2:
Holy shit this is fucking tragic.

wonzo

Banned
Yuricam 12

this arc is basically like a battle shonen cept that she's already fucked the final boss
mjlol.gif

Mob Psycho 100 66

About damn time he grasped some of his power.

Yuri Seijin Naoko-san 5

poor milfs :(

Himouto! Umaru-chan 66-67

o shit. GAMECHANGER

Tonari no Seki-kun 62

man i always knew antiques roadshow was full of bullshit

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I'm at the part where
Shokichi and Marcos are fighting the Silk Moth and Weevil Roaches
dunno if you remember that. But yeah, the battles are pretty great. Michelle's squad is the best so far, but Sylvester is awesome too.

yeah, i remember that one. The later fight is more insane, but that one is great as well

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga 09

I hope they had permission from ArcSys, you wouldn't want them suing you!

I need to find myself a girl who like to play Gulty gear and blazblue

Soooooooo I was wrong, lol

For everyone who's not Kurita:

But looks like Kuroko no Basket is ending in issue 40. Fujioshi tears incoming.

So long Kuroko

That's the comedy series that anime gaf is excited about?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah no, romance/harem/comedy/school is like the worst genre combination I can possibly think of. Not saying it's bad just that I have no interest in it. If it's not an action series/dumb shonen it has to have something extra to get me to read/watch it ala Yotsubato or Silver Spoon.

Woah, you're missing out one of the best 4koma comedy out there

I really like the Blast Ant ability and the Bag Moth ones, but they're all really cool. The hallucinating plant is awesome too

do they only get Super Strength in Gantz?

I remember there's an upgraded strength suit, Gravity gun, Some one wheel bike that can also be used to fly to outer space, And their 'delayed explosion' gun.

Hajime no Ippo 1069 raw

Well, i guess the end is still far away.

Mendrox

So I heard we have to wait till Friday for new Shounen Jump chapters. Guess that will take 2-3 weeks for all the manga sites to get back on track.

LeleSocho

Banned
Naruto Summer chapters
It's incredible how Sakura has been useless until the last chapter, and even now it's not like she has done that much... Kakashi uber-sharingan is so cool though.

Toriko Summer chapters
Everything was Oni.

HunterXHunter Summer chapters
Ging is so goddamn cool also Leorio's ability (used by Ging) are pretty neat too.
I'm so glad that this manga is back.

Kenichi Summer chapters
How's that guy able to still use the Seidou Gouitsu? also i want the old man to stop all this war stuff.

---

They've robbed my house, hug me.

Kuroko ending is good after that last match i don't want to see it draw out more.
Still in a way Fujioshi lucky they get whole series in anime format .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom