• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjontrix

Bleach

Dat curbstomp...

Something tells me it's not that easy - I don't think Byakuya's going to make it out alive, it looks far too easy; and he's no Kenpachi. Maybe a conversion to LOVE!

I-hate-u

There was 10 of them, Gin, Tousen, Aizen, + Luppi and Wonderweiss, and like 50 Fraccion.

Don't think it's much different now. Same old Kubo character spam.

I was able to keep up with all the action in the old arcs personally. This time we have Shinigamis, Espadas, Quincies, Fullbriningers etc. Its too chaotic, and we almost see no resolution to any mini-plot.

The best chapters of this arc were Everything But The Rain chapters. So good.

Chariot

I only had love for the arcs involving Soul Society as society instead of mere battlefield, including 'Turn back the Pendulum'. Would've loved to see more of daily life in Soul Society than this wars without much essence.

I feel like Kaguya was just added as a extra buffer for Kishi to have the series end near the arrival of his "final" movie

like a filler character to bid time

Naruto

The end is near.

one piece

Usoppe made himself useful

Bleach

It looks like one hax power after the other. Damn Colonel Sanders is down. I hope he is not dead yet, i want to see his full power, same for Nanana.

Oh yeah, Pepe is Zommari 2.0.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kaguya and Madara were just unnecessary to me as final villains. Kaguya especially was irrelevant.

Re:Monster 6

I have like zero sympathy for the protagonist, but I'm still interested to see where this is all heading.

Naruto
So close to the end. Unless, Kishi wants to have a sudden death match between Naruto and Sasuke or something.

Bleach
This was stupid, so so stupid.

One Piece
Perfect, sogood.gif. GodUsopp! Now that she's knocked out, Bart and Robin should be free. We're finally either getting a flashback or the final battle next chapter.

Also HxH isn't coming back next week like it was supposed to and will be on break again.

welp guess this is it. we didn't even get 10 chapters lol.
Nisekoi avatar here I come

One Piece

YES USOPP THE GOAT!

that's one miraculous bullet lol. that face will be with me forever

looks like the real fight is about to begin!!!

Naruto

Wow, so they actually won. I wonder what's going to happen now. And what will happen with Madara?

Bleach

Um this is an interesting development. I just wanna see Sternritter vs Shinigami fights give me what I want Kubo :/

Kyuur

Bleach

I guess Kubo has lost his touch if he can't even make a Mayuri fight interesting anymore.

Naruto

At least it's ending.

One Piece

Ussop da god. Awakening what I assume is his Haki? What's up with the lead bullets, is Law poisoned? Glad Luffy/Law didn't get turned into toys to stall the arc further like some were thinking.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
We Can Fly! 0

This was a sort of cute oneshot. Features a blessed, but suicidal guy that gets transported to a different world and an outcast in a society that values people with white wings.

Wait someone was trying to push Toriko in here? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

that thing got many shots and did jack shit so.

I doubt Ass Class got even a 1/10th of that push and it kicks Toriko to the curb on a weekly basis.

The quest for another popular battle shounen continues though and with these recent attempts so far doesn't seem like it will change anytime soon.

Wait someone was trying to push Toriko in here? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

that thing got many shots and did jack shit so.

I doubt Ass Class got even a 1/10th of that push and it kicks Toriko to the curb on a weekly basis.

The quest for another popular battle shounen continues though and with these recent attempts so far doesn't seem like it will change anytime soon.

WAPA ;_;

Naruto

So Naruto x vs Sasuke in 2-3 weeks, that goes for 4-5 weeks, then 2-3 chapters for the finale. Series ends by the end of the year

Bleach

Really like the L quincy, wish we got more of ice tard zombie getting trolled

One Piece

Usopp with that observation haki
Luffy and Law with that "gonna kick your ass"

Goda we are not worthy *bows*

to be fair its still alive and have been for many chapters so its done better than most, but i'm not just not seeing it at the level they were attempting to push tbh.

IIRC OP got a crazy boost later in its life (Marineford, etc) so maybe that could still happen

we'll see i guess.

Ore Monogatari!! 10

Damn i might have to go to the dentist due to consuming all this sugar :p

Also SUNA YOU BASTARD hahahahahahaha

Averon

Naruto

What was the point of Kaguya? Worse final villain I've ever seen. As bad as Madara is, it would've been better to stick with him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Wait a moment... that's it? woah that really didn't felt like a final attack... Kishi better bring a surprise next chapter.

What the fuck are they gonna do with Madara given that he's apparently, er, alive again.

Zweizer

Banned
Saiteihen no Otoko -Scumbag Loser- ch10

For a second I thought this was going to evolve into one of these H-mangas. Almost got scared there.

Naruto

Wait a moment... that's it? woah that really didn't felt like a final attack... Kishi better bring a surprise next chapter.

I thought you had dropped Naruto for some reason.

Naruto 690

There's something about that last line that really made me laugh hard.
I was surprised Vince McMahon didn't show up this chapter, guess that's next time.

Bleach 594

91e4a8e915.jpg

Kubo to do doujins after Bleach

The hell is going on anymore?
This new L guy has some promise though.

One Piece 758

Godsopp.
Think that's the first time he's really ever "sniped" anything. And now he's officially more useful then Sanji has been.
And we spent an entire chapter on one thing? AMAZING

BONUS BETTER MANGA: Ore Monogatari!! 10

381b899b66.jpg

2PURE FOR MY LEWD HEART

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I doubt its completely over myself, I mean, Naruto and Sasuke barely even did anything at the end, Kakashi just saved them.

to be fair its still alive and have been for many chapters so its done better than most, but i'm not just not seeing it at the level they were attempting to push tbh.

IIRC OP got a crazy boost later in its life (Marineford, etc) so maybe that could still happen

Yeah but OP was already selling 1.5 million plus per vol and was one of the most popular manga of all time even before that boost .
With all that push they can even out sell Bleach best give up on it being nothing more than low mid tier sale wise.

One Piece 758

Godsopp.
Think that's the first time he's really ever "sniped" anything. And now he's officially more useful then Sanji has been.
And we spent an entire chapter on one thing? AMAZING

Enies lobby he sniped dudes from top of the tower to help save robin from crossing the gates of justice

Naruto

What was the point of Kaguya? Worse final villain I've ever seen. As bad as Madara is, it would've been better to stick with him.

Man behind the curtain, I think. Madara, Obito, Pain, etc, all were manipulated by black Zetsu solely for the reason of bringing her back.

What I thought was most interesting this chapter was this: After the sealing, Sasuke seemed fine to retreat to see if Sakura and Kakashi were okay, while Naruto had the foresight to take care of black Zetsu, else the entire circle would start anew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom