• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone reading Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru?

I thought it was pretty ok slice of life comedy, of course, I preferred Hinamatsuri more.

wonzo

Banned
MMY 30
mmy30.png

aaaaaaaaa this mangas SO FUKKEN GOOD

Is there a new serialised SJ manga that rafa=fed doesn't like?
Soon to be sporting Salt. Look, Hinamoru Zumou is one of only like five or six Jump series to be number one with first rank. The last being Eyeshield 21. I haven't seen anything out of Judozu yet and the Hi Fi Cluster oneshot didn't impress me.....

Usobuko

Banned
I read My Hero Academia! and I thought for a battle shounen, it could have potential.

But when it comes to battle shounen, I really think it's an acquired taste right down to the humor aspect. I like One Piece, Slam Dunk, Gash Bell etc. but is indifferent to JoJo ( read till Stardust Crusade ).

Arclaid

I read My Hero Academia! and I thought for a battle shounen, it could have potential.

But when it comes to battle shounen, I really think it's an acquired taste right down to the humor aspect. I like One Piece, Slam Dunk, Gash Bell etc. but is indifferent to JoJo ( read till Stardust Crusade ).

Slam Dunk is a battle shonen now?

Foolworm

Mysterious Girlfriend X

Damn, it's ending? Feels rushed.

Also, it's been ages since the dream world was last shown (not counting the anime omake, I think it was chapter 2?)

I'm glad Ueshiba Riichi hasn't lost his talent for drawing packed, detail-laden spreads though. It was the defining feature of his earlier works.

zeromcd73

wait does this mean Kuroko is just getting a timeskip?

Who knows. It will probably just be an epilogue chapter in Next, so it could. I'm hoping for future Kuroko x Momoi and with her being either pregnant or they've already had children. No reason to fear pissing off the Fujoshi fans since it has ended.

Also, dat Shokugeki cover
xk9MKCb.jpg

yeah I gotta finish it I got halfway through and just stopped lol

what day does Weekly Young Jump update do you know? I've heard good things about Tokyo Ghoul, so I will check it out.

I dont know the specific day so the only thing I can tell you is weekly. But you probably already knew that.

Meteorain

Hajime no Ippo

What a frustrating fight to read only to see him lose. So after 1069 chapters, Ippo is still a dumbass and learnt nothing. Thanks Morikawa.

Who knows. It will probably just be an epilogue chapter in Next, so it could. I'm hoping for future Kuroko x Momoi and with her being either pregnant or they've already had children. No reason to fear pissing off the Fujoshi fans since it has ended.

Also, dat Shokugeki cover
xk9MKCb.jpg
I could see them in college
I need to read that next Soma chapter ;_;

OP raw
The OP raw out, ussop was awesome and hilarious .

I honestly don't know if Ippo can even ever be concluded satisfactory at this rate. I don't know if I will be alive.....

The author really draws out the manga when it comes to Ippo .
He has been boxing for near 6 to 7 years ( Japan champ for most of the time .) and now only on the world stage is stupid .

EDIT Fuck he don't got talent bullshit .

Man. Getting a bit worried now. It's easy to say this is normal but this really never happened before, this clearly wasn't scheduled like the other hiatuses. I hope he's ok.

This has happen before , this is just like when he first start taking long breaks because of health issue , author circumstances etc etc .
I hope he's okay but this is the norm for him .

Alright, fair enough. :p

My impression is that you're usually favourable about most of SJ's new serialisations.
I didn't enjoy Illegal Rare. Stealth Symphony I thought had a lot of potential but yhe author made a lot of rookie mistakes for an experienced mangaka. Everything was just pretty superficial, couldn't worldbuild properly. Ishoujo wasn't my cup of tea, indifferent. Soul Catcher(s) I absolutely adored, own yhe volumes. Hungry Joker was gone too soon.

I saw in Shonen Champion that they started their own volleyball manga, Harigane Service. And I think I spotted a figure skating manga in a shoujo mag.

upandaway

This has happen before , this is just like when he first start taking long breaks because of health issue , author circumstances etc etc .
I hope he's okay but this is the norm for him .
It's not the norm for Jump to say that he's taking two weeks off and then go back on that. It's not even the norm for them to say why he's taking the time off, for that matter. Something clearly happened after he started serialization again.

Chariot

I never had much faith in Togashi to begin with. It's really not difficult to believe that this is e beginning of another year long break.

Naruto 690

Conclusion.... not going to lie I am glad they wrapped it up
Kaguya was a subpar villain

She had potential but Black Zetsu was just telling her what to do

Also Madara being spat out means round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom