• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Take a picture of yourself in the oldest classroom of a nearby highschool at midnight, surrounded by a pentagram drawn in blood with a volume of Screaming Lessons at each of the 5 points, and I'll forgive you.
Utrq3QD.jpg
;_;

Most of Endo's stuff is good, though he only had 2 series published, Eden and the ongoing All Rounder Meguru. Eden had some flaws towards the end but it was a good read, while Meguru starts off a bit weird with the yakuza subplot but drops it pretty fast.

I'm happy Endo started advertising new Meguru chapters on twitter a bit by posting drafts
That just looks lovely. Like when mangaka show off their process
My copy of Noragami came in a day early, that's cool.
The cover and page quality definitely feels a lot better than other Kodansha books.
Only other books I have are Attack on Titan, Genshiken, Seven Deadly Sins, The Heroic Legend of Arslan, and UQ Holder though.
How is it? The first episode of the anime didn't really grab me....

Wiseblade

At work, people would ask me to proofread emails and letters to clients all the time. Apparently, I have an eye for it. But that's not true. I just like harshly critiquing the work of others. That's what I discovered about myself today.

Yeah, I'm a terrible person.

n̢̳̖͓̩̞ͅgl̤͓̹̫̦͎̕w͚̠̯̼̘̗͘'̮͈͎̮͝ṉ͟a̫̹͉f̺͕̣̙͉͈͇͜h̘͜ ̘̰̦͖n͚̰̕w͍̳̯o̗͕̙͘r̭̻͟ ̜̭̟ṣ̴̪͓̞̯͖t͏̮̯̯̜̞e̩͔̤̜l̛̞̭̠̞̼̲͕l̺̣̝̤̥̥'̨̘͓̥̙̣b͚̱̥̦̲̕s̲͙͎͕̲̖n̖͍͘a̢ń̹̘͈y̴ͅt̪̼̳h͏̯̠͕̪̟ ̨͎͕͔̻y̶o͔͍̩̥m̮̭̭̮̥̬͖͡i̮͠

Goddamn, you just made my day. You're forgiven, and you also get a voucher, which you can redeem to make me ignore the next crazy thing you say.

I'm now imagining Panda being all brainfarty here on the forum and twitter but being super serious and hard to deal with when working on a chapter.
9wWYTpb.png

scy

n̢̳̖͓̩̞ͅgl̤͓̹̫̦͎̕w͚̠̯̼̘̗͘'̮͈͎̮͝ṉ͟a̫̹͉f̺͕̣̙͉͈͇͜h̘͜ ̘̰̦͖n͚̰̕w͍̳̯o̗͕̙͘r̭̻͟ ̜̭̟ṣ̴̪͓̞̯͖t͏̮̯̯̜̞e̩͔̤̜l̛̞̭̠̞̼̲͕l̺̣̝̤̥̥'̨̘͓̥̙̣b͚̱̥̦̲̕s̲͙͎͕̲̖n̖͍͘a̢ń̹̘͈y̴ͅt̪̼̳h͏̯̠͕̪̟ ̨͎͕͔̻y̶o͔͍̩̥m̮̭̭̮̥̬͖͡i̮͠

Precisely.

1VE0MWy.png

I promise you that this is not hentai.

Union! 1

A new serialization written by Shiratori Shirou (Nourin) and drawn by Hisasi (Yes, that Hisasi)

The story tells of young man who has developed gynophobia ever since he was kidnapped and anally probed by a really hot alien milf.

Okay, the last part is a conjecture.

He at least took a bath with the milf so everything seemed fair.

Anyhoo, the milf feels guilty about that and decides to send her voluptuous daughter down to him and help him with any desire he may have (in this case being curing his gynophobia), which creates the premises for the series.

Honestly, the plot seems pretty crap.

But if you're reading this because of Hisasi, then you're not here for that kind of plot.

You're here for this PLOT.

And frankly.

That's all that really matters.

Union! 1

A new serialization written by Shiratori Shirou (Nourin) and drawn by Hisasi (Yes, that Hisasi)

The story tells of young man who has developed gynophobia ever since he was kidnapped and anally probed by a really hot alien milf.

Anyhoo, the milf feels guilty about that and decides to send her voluptuous daughter down to him and help him with any desire he may have (in this case being curing his gynophobia), which creates the premises for the series.

But if you're reading this because of Hisasi, then you're not here for that kind of plot.

And frankly.

well then.

well then.

Zweizer

Banned
Union! 1

Oh my.

I gotta check this out.

Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu

A collection of short stories by Endo Hiroki as the title suggests. I won't go into details of these stories, but the one thing that definitely strikes me is how human most portrayed characters felt, barring a few exceptions (the Crows is more about philosophy and symbolism while Hang is a more surreal sci-fi exploration chapter). As such, they all were rather relatable, with their own way of thinking, worries, doubts, emotions, and ultimately while the stories portray a pretty bleak world, the people all try to live and deal with their problems, just like in reality.

Speaking of people, love and relationships play a huge role in most stories, and I must say I really like how they were portrayed, because they also felt real, bleak yet comforting, with their own share of problems and solutions. I was told there would be a short stint of NTR, but it was handled in a believable and almost relatable way, without contrived drama, and as such adds depth to the story rather than ruin it. Shame the same can't be said for 99% of the works on this genre.

In conclusion it was an enjoyable read laded with dramatized yet realistic characters and situations, with a layer of symbolism, and ultimately are stories about one's worries in life and love.

Thanks to Usobuko for nagging suggesting me to read this.

Hiroki Endo is great. I like All Rounder Meguru but... after Eden and his short stories, I'm starting to think is a bit a waste of his talents. The last volumes had been pure sports, just one combat after another, without much depth for the protagonist.

bigkrev

Union! 1

And frankly.

Oh, um, hm

Zweizer

Banned
Union! ch1

Outside of the art and copious amount of fanservice, it's dumb as hell. However, it's not it like tried to lie about it so I can't complain. Will follow for PLOT.

Quasar

Untouchable 13 - The more I read of webtoons, the more I realise the weekly format doesn't really work for me. Not enough story in each chunk.

Chariot

I am on the recent chapter of Centaurs Worries. I need more cute monster and animal girls, please help.

It feels better if you read it knowing full well that it gets canceled. But yeah it's somewhat silly in some other but it also nails some parts to be surprisingly fun.
Oh, that explains this half assed rushed ending. Man... :(

I was sadly only able to get the Anthology since Kino didn't seem to have the fanbook in stock.

It looked like the Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun stuff was cleared out since this was the last copy and they only had one copy of vol.3 and like three copies of vol.5 left, lol

Usobuko

Banned
Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu

A collection of short stories by Endo Hiroki as the title suggests. I won't go into details of these stories, but the one thing that definitely strikes me is how human most portrayed characters felt, barring a few exceptions (the Crows is more about philosophy and symbolism while Hang is a more surreal sci-fi exploration chapter). As such, they all were rather relatable, with their own way of thinking, worries, doubts, emotions, and ultimately while the stories portray a pretty bleak world, the people all try to live and deal with their problems, just like in reality.

Speaking of people, love and relationships play a huge role in most stories, and I must say I really like how they were portrayed, because they also felt real, bleak yet comforting, with their own share of problems and solutions. I was told there would be a short stint of NTR, but it was handled in a believable and almost relatable way, without contrived drama, and as such adds depth to the story rather than ruin it. Shame the same can't be said for 99% of the works on this genre.

In conclusion it was an enjoyable read laded with dramatized yet realistic characters and situations, with a layer of symbolism, and ultimately are stories about one's worries in life and love.

Thanks to Usobuko for nagging suggesting me to read this.

Cheers, Mikasa approved.

Aunt Tits 137

man, I've been missing the aunt lately. Thought we were gonna get some good Kaoruko stuff, but nah :(

God I hope they change how they translate sports girl's dialect after the last chapter :(

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach F

I read this on Friday or Saturday or whenever the chapters came out...and as I post this I literally don't remember what happened. Not even the final page or anything. I don't care to go back either

Naruto F

Man, that last panel. Lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was sadly only able to get the Anthology since Kino didn't seem to have the fanbook in stock.

It looked like the Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun stuff was cleared out since this was the last copy and they only had one copy of vol.3 and like three copies of vol.5 left, lol

Any good extras in there?

Lain

Union! 1

And frankly.

Life is worth living yet again.

That hisasi art is so good, right from the first page.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The back cover of it is a picture of Mikorin viewing the inside of Nozaki's skirt from the front cover, lol

Pretty standard for an anthology, just kinda interesting to see Nozaki-kun as a regular comic without the 4koma borders.

Alright, was hoping that there would be some new omakes. Thanks for the impressions.

Karate minoru

Goddamn this better not a death flag for hamada.

Union! 1

The story is pretty "run of the mill" right now (crappy MC, obvious childhood friend, alien girl naive to earth customs, and given the color page more alien girls seems to be on the horizon aka future harem).

What saves it so far is the art but i don't think that alone can be enough.

Lain

Union! 1

The story is pretty "run of the mill" right now (crappy MC, obvious childhood friend, alien girl naive to earth customs, and given the color page more alien girls seems to be on the horizon aka future harem).

What saves it so far is the art but i don't think that alone can be enough.

Yeah, the story doesn't seem to be anything special right now (though there's couple interesting moments with that collar-suit), but if art can save Nisekoi maybe it'll work here too.

Furyous

Union! 1

And frankly.

I need a drink after reading this manga. It's like a less chaotic version of Dragons Rioting.

Tale of Eun Aran 28 and 29

SHIT GOT REAL AND THEN IT GOT REALER

Aran is like Evil Ryu out this bitch now. The leaders of both families don't know that he already learned most of their techniques. What in the shit can they teach him now? Plus, he treated Nok Yoo's medicine like free candy and ate the whole bag. He's overpowered like shit. I hope he learns that eight hit Satsu No Hado instant kill move.

Aran is such a boss he beat Scorp and took down his henchmen. Can we talk about the element in the room? He needs the deceased Grand Master's daughter to keep him in check.

Tate Yuusha no Narigari

I want to punch something fluffy after reading this last chapter.
They can't take away his slave right? I want to nerd rage so bad after reading this last chapter. Don't they realize that the hero is supposed to save them? Why are they treating him like shit? I want to read ahead (but I can't find nor am I asking for) a translation of the newest chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom