• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario 1 (Kishimoto Oneshot)

It isn't bad at all... pretty entertaining
Great story too.... Kishi is better with Mafia stories then he is with Naruto currently

9.5/10

Edit: I wouldn't mind if he decided to make a Mafia series afterwards

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I had a dream last night we had a thread popularity poll and the winner was Momo from TLRD. God you guys are lewd fucks.

Chariot

Nisekoi

NO! NO! NO! NO! NOO! STOP IT!

Liar Game

Come on, Nao. Where is your devolpment? :(
I was under the impression that she became less naive and more cunning with the last games while keeping her goal of saving everyone, but she just seems to be like day 1 Nao :/

Mario 1 (Kishimoto Oneshot)

It isn't bad at all... pretty entertaining
Great story too.... Kishi is better with Mafia stories then he is with Naruto currently

9.5/10

Edit: I wouldn't mind if he decided to make a Mafia series afterwards

huh

Naruto must be utter gutter trash if that Mario oneshot is seen as a massive improvement tbh.

huh

Naruto must be utter gutter trash if that Mario oneshot is seen as a massive improvement tbh.
My review was not comparing it to other mangaka works but just Naruto vs this and yes for me this is better then the current Naruto and was a breath of fresh air...

Plus the story of Mario isn't bad to begin with.... came in with low expectations and was pleasantly pleased

Zweizer

Banned
my review was not comparing it to other mangaka works but just Naruto vs this

and yes for me this is better then the current Naruto and was a breath of fresh air

Huh, even if Mario is a bit better than Naruto, it's not a particularily high bar, and I personally found both shitty. Better let Kishimoto try to create something else that has a chance to be actually good.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Happy Birthday Wonzo and Dakkumauji :D

===================================================
Shokugeki no Soma 84
Dat color page is fucking hype!

Nisekoi latest

Groan

Liar Game Latest

Kanzaki, you've done goofed

Please free yourselves fellow MangaGAF from the clutches of Nisekoi and be free from reading it

Even though some of us will be wearing Nisekoi avis next week :(

upandaway

I had a dream last night we had a thread popularity poll and the winner was Momo from TLRD. God you guys are lewd fucks.
My votes

5. Ato
4. Killua
3. Yotsuba
2. Gintoki
1. Hisa Takei

I really like it. The pair is adorable but the lack of progress is a little annoying :(
Yes is cute.

But also expect a slow as fuck progress.
Hmm that seems like a prime example for "wait" then. Moving on

Asamiya-san no Imouto ch1-2

Art style's pretty nice. That's... about it so far.

dani_dc

Liar Game

Come on, Nao. Where is your devolpment? :(
I was under the impression that she became less naive and more cunning with the last games while keeping her goal of saving everyone, but she just seems to be like day 1 Nao :/

Even with her development she would never be able to win this game.

Please free yourselves fellow MangaGAF from the clutches of Nisekoi and be free from reading it

Even though some of us will be wearing Nisekoi avis next week :(

Lies, Nisekoi is love.

This week chapter was really damn uselessl.

jman2050

Nisekoi 137

Can we have regular Chitoge back? Pretty please.

And seriously this translation software is silly in how amazing and accurate it is.

Desire for a Reply!

Guy gets shot down after a love confession. So he decides to take revenge.

Expected ending of course, but it was cute.

dani_dc

First your wife, now this.
I'm starting to get suspicious at the amount of times TLRD pops up in your real life.

Nisekoi 137

Can we have regular Chitoge back? Pretty please.

And seriously this translation software is silly in how amazing and accurate it is.

Not just accurate, but how fast is it.
I especially like how she can understand what Raku is saying without even looking at her phone.

Yuricam 13

IjnAnUs.png

All the better to pollinate you with, my dear. The front line lies in tatters, all that's left is to topple the commander.

Sometimes I think Battle-man ship-man is kinda weird.
I think this is a case of a charizard calling a chandelure a fire type.

dani_dc

Maybe not, but she could at least show some strength, so far she is even getting screwed by random extras. I mean, come on, give her something to do instead of looking shocked.

Yeah. I suppose this is true, she did have her whole arc about how "doubting people" was the right thing to do.
I'll just put it down as her panicking over the fact that she's worried she won't actually be able save everybody this time.

I do love her shock face though, so I'm fine with excuses to see it often.

jman2050

I especially like how she can understand what Raku is saying without even looking at her phone.

It even seems to have an authentic Chitoge voice option, as there was no indication whatsoever that the Yakuza dudes realized that the person they thought they knew and were speaking to wasn't actually speaking Japanese at all!

I for one applaud Komi's foray into speculative fiction.

WarRock

Tetsuwan Girl End

Well, what a ride. I really dislike how Renzaki was handled, but I can't complain at all, the whole thing was a great experience. Last three chapters were specially nice, and Tome's expression is timeless.

And, hope one day my drawings become something as beautiful as those.

Now, time to start Kingdom.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
First your wife, now this.
I'm starting to get suspicious at the amount of times TLRD pops up in your real life.

If you need to know more about my wife, she once had an erotic dream about Sasuke Uchiha.

(Never tell her I told you this, but its funny)

kasane

happy birthday dakkyun

soma new chapter hype

i slept like a rock and woke up with a hungover (i didnt even drink last night)

soma 84

whoaaaa yaoi undertones

tosh pls

dramatis

Maybe not, but she could at least show some strength, so far she is even getting screwed by random extras. I mean, come on, give her something to do instead of looking shocked.
I think Nao's most effective actions are usually happen slowly over the course of a game. In the last game she had not much direct effect on the game itself, but it was through her actions and ideas from previous games that allowed the last game to play out the way she wanted.

What the members of the group fail to realize is that they require Nao's cooperation in order for their plans in the subsequent game against the other teams to win. Otherwise she'll just report shit to Akiyama, or heckle the other groups about collaborating with Yokoya—because his method to winning the current game can't work in the upcoming team game.

Even if Yokoya becomes "The Boss", he can't go into the tower himself. During the explanation of the rules, I thought the biggest loophole was that the tower could only hold one person. While the Boss is the one who selects the general who will go into the tower, it's not against the rules for another person to go in the tower and camp the spot. Therefore in theory Nao can sacrifice bathroom trips and sit in the tower until the end of the game, making her own decisions.

Of course that's not going to happen though. Nao isn't that smart.

dani_dc

If you need to know more about my wife, she once had an erotic dream about Sasuke Uchiha.

(Never tell her I told you this, but its funny)

I'm starting to better understand why your wife wishes you would stop frequenting this place.

Lets hope she doesn't keep an eye on this thread.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
@Angry_Grimace
:lol:

==========================================================
Hoshi no Ponko to Toufuya Reiko

WHAT.THE.FUCK

Usobuko

Banned
Alice in Borderland 11

I didn't really like the countdown they did, but w/e. I hope the girl and Chota die so we don't have to deal with them anymore. Don't need extra baggage.

I'll just say this though, the manga isn't shy of death tally at all. The more interesting part of the manga is the type of games are split into 4 category, according to the suits of Poker.

Spade - Physical
Hearts - Mind Games
Club - All Rounded
Diamond - Intellectual

With the numbers of the suits representing the difficulty scale.

upandaway

Tonari no Seki-kun 39

I can always appreciate Earthbound references.

Also Seki's sister is everything I expected her to be.

Aqua ch4

I feel like I've heard about this cat gathering thing before... hmm... ghibli maybe? Hmmmm....

Revo

I'll just say this though, the manga isn't shy of death tally at all. The more interesting part of the manga is the type of games are split into 4 category, according to the suits of Poker.

Spade - Physical
Hearts - Mind Games
Club - All Rounded
Diamond - Intellectual

With the numbers of the suits representing the difficulty scale.

I would expect there to be plenty of deaths.

Idk about the difficulty scale, although at this point there aren't a lot of games yet. The first look at the current game doesn't make it seem like a 7 (unless the possibility of killing a comrade raises it a lot).

Ojojojo 19

Go away Gigolo >:

Usobuko

Banned
The first look at the current game doesn't make it seem like a 7 (unless the possibility of killing a comrade raises it a lot).

I agreed.

That game itself wasn't that interesting or tricky compared to the previous block catching ( which was 5 of Spade ) which also has a rather trollish surprise towards the end where you needed 2 person to hit the buttons simultaneously.

7 is awarded probably has to do with the nature of the rules instead of a more open game.

Angry Grimace

Update: She said she also had one about Shikamaru once, but she swears that was like 10 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom