• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why not just put GAF's logo as his head?

Yeah Fate/Zero was pretty explicit about what these worms do. I guess I just didn't pay enough attention to their appearance.

It was actually shown that Sakura was forced to take "worm baths" or whatever it was (the scene was completely blurred of course) if I recall correctly. That's why I thought you already knew about these worms.

They showed the worms as just looking a bit less like dicks, but they did also explicitly mention how they worked.

BLue Exorcist 60
tumblr_nblfi04fYf1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Favorite page and finally another exciting chapter for this arc. Still mainly concerned with what Shima is trying to do and why he believes it is his true self. It feels like years that weve been left wondering whats happening inside of his mind and thinking.

World Trigger 74
Good showing from Kyosuke Karasuma though I hadnt anticipated that outcome to come to pass. Still it was a cool event as all the fishies going around is one of the coolest parts to Hyrein ability and fight. The Yoneya action too was good as his presence always brings about a smile. I wonder if the arc is finally wrapping up since well everyone is finally in place. If Chika has some defense abilities and someone can join Osamu then maybe they can triumph, otherwise, I will side with assuming they will lose by default, no way he can take both Mira and Hyrein on at once.

Life 1-80 END

This was a pretty enticing story about bullying. Some of the things were very extreme but for some reason not out of the realm of imagination. The two lead characters are great and you can't help but cheer for them the whole time. Towards the last few chapters the art was kind of bad though --- with those full page sketches. Definitely recommended.

rrvv

Prison School 1-138

this is simply amazing.

first part is truly great example of true friendship. last day is really intensely silly.

after that the series kinda suffer "oh no the series become too popular and I dont know how to properly continue it. so I decide to trwon in random (un)interesting idea and see if it will fit"

still it was awesome journey. the chairman should appear more thought

Prison School 1-138

this is simply amazing.

first part is truly great example of true friendship. last day is really intensely silly.

after that the series kinda suffer "oh no the series become too popular and I dont know how to properly continue it. so I decide to trwon in random (un)interesting idea and see if it will fit"

still it was awesome journey. the chairman should appear more thought

Sir I think you are confused, the series gets better after they break out.

rrvv

Sir I think you are confused, the series gets better after they break out.

is Arkham Asylum vs Arkham City argument really

First half is really focused on the core strength and general theme.

while second half thrown some interesting stuff like snake part and Adreconomic. at same time it also thrown less interesting idea like Meiko backstory (Old meiko is better ;A;) and RisaxAndre stuff. not to mention many character is got shafted. I like the current arc thought

Seraph of the End 25

Amazing colour page for such a hilarious and fun chapter. The illusion moment was just as good as the random family friend lines from both Yu's side as well as Guren's side. His team has so many funny characters and the way they poke at him to try to make him admit something so embarrassing. The anime better have all these moments I hope.

The current fight is pretty spectacular. Finally human v human and hopefully black demon v black demon action.

Zweizer

Banned
is Arkham Asylum vs Arkham City argument really

First half is really focused on the core strength and general theme.

while second half thrown some interesting stuff like snake part and Adreconomic. at same time it also thrown less interesting idea like Meiko backstory (Old meiko is better ;A;) and RisaxAndre stuff. not to mention many character is got shafted. I like the current arc thought

I agree that they have rather different themes, with the first half focusing on a tighter plot with time limit whereas the second half is slower and more comedic, but the later few chapters suggest that there will be a greater sense of emergency for the upcoming chapters, so it was more like a "calm before the storm" situation.

While I understand that you feel many characters has gotten less screentime, but on the other hand they all have underwent some character development, and none of them felt either overused or underused (except for Hana, you can never have enough Hana). I however disagree about Risa and Andre being uninteresting, if only for the glorious breakdown, and it was pretty effective at making Risa endearing.

Ultimately, it's a matter of personal tastes, but I disagree about the second half being any weaker than the first, because the characters are still over-the-top, because the situations are still over-the-top, because the twists are still over-the-top, because the asses are still over-the-top.

survivor

Banned
Life 1-80 END

This was a pretty enticing story about bullying. Some of the things were very extreme but for some reason not out of the realm of imagination. The two lead characters are great and you can't help but cheer for them the whole time. Towards the last few chapters the art was kind of bad though --- with those full page sketches. Definitely recommended.

Oh wow, this manga was actually fully translated? Damn, I need to get back to it, I need that over the top school drama.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 112-114

aMSEkVP.jpg

You think that's annoying? You're getting off lightly compared to the poor folks
who'll be cleaning that floor afterwards.

Kana arc ends with no casualties of importance, so that's a plus. Really interesting to see that burst of Skadi-esque power from her. Kikka's actions earn her the honour of getting called by her name, rather than by "what's-her-face" or whatever I referred to her as before. Hatsuna arc next plz.

rrvv

While I understand that you feel many characters has gotten less screentime, but on the other hand they all have underwent some character development, and none of them felt either overused or underused (except for Hana, you can never have enough Hana). I however disagree about Risa and Andre being uninteresting, if only for the glorious breakdown, and it was pretty effective at making Risa endearing.

I agree that some character definitely have major developement. especially with jo.

my issue with Andre and Risa is that their romance is bit suddenly and end abruptly. It feel like I missing something why Risa like Andre in first place

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 1-54

Every character is a cloudcuckoolander.

Zweizer

Banned
my issue with Andre and Risa is that their romance is bit suddenly and end abruptly. It feel like I missing something why Risa like Andre in first place

It's a mix of respect and Risa being actually a rather nice person, mainly due to Andre's rather extraordinary performance as a guard, which impressed her, and after his breakdown she feels she owes him a favor and subsequently tried her best to satisfy him (due to her sense of honor, a trait commonly associated with sword users). Ultimately, it shows that she's a pretty nice person and fleshes out her character, even if the romance is one-sided. However, I don't believe it ended yet, but rather due to Andre's current state there's not much for her to do.

upandaway

Sexual Hunter Riot ch1

Well... y'know... it's that, um... y'know? what's it called... I was clicking on random links in MU for some reason, and I kinda saw the name, so I was a bit curious... I mean that's kind of an eye-catching name I don't, look, I don't know.

It wasn't really weird... or outrageous, or anything... it was just kinda............... what you'd expect from that name, I guess. It's a fitting name. My problem is that I have nothing to write here because the name of the manga says all there is to say about it.

Sexual Hunter Riot ch1

Well... y'know... it's that, um... y'know? what's it called... I was clicking on random links in MU for some reason, and I kinda saw the name, so I was a bit curious... I mean that's kind of an eye-catching name I don't, look, I don't know.

You just wanted to read some hentai, be honest.

Zweizer

Banned
Eroge no Taiyou ch1-3

There's not much development yet but I must say the whole stumbling upon an all-female company thing is really convenient. I hope the eroge development side won't lose too much focus in favor of harem romcom hijinks.

Judos 1

Boring start for one of the new jump manga. Was a bit more excited at the first chapter of Zumo vs this Judos one. So many walking "sides of beef" as the female reporter would say ultimately is my feeling about it. Action scene alright too, but then the details are pretty unappealing, the detailed hands/joints for example. I guess its going for realism but I think its weird. I dont know if this will survive.
It's all a part of the plan to make Sporting Salt that much more appealing to Jump,readers.

kasane

Pandas manga choosing habits finally bit him.

I just bought seraph the end, was tempted to pick up sap lns for collection purposes but decided against it

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Tate No Yuusha no Nariagari

Really digging this series, hope more of it comes out.

Not even sure if it's something new or not but kinda hoping it has a healthy backlog of raws to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom