• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokyo Ghoul 137

Yo fuckin
Shinohara got his leg cut off and then he got stabbed in the chest damn. And then seeing Suzuya cry was really surprising due to his character.
And then a OP bastard pops up at the end. Great chapter.

Lain

Assassination Classroom Vol 3
vUcb.jpg

Another pretty good volume. I hope the director will get an ass kicking sooner rather than later, because he's such an ass.
Bitch-sensei tonguing the people in the classroom whether they give the right answer or the wrong answer is quite lewd and totally approved.
I loved how they got back at those dudes toward the end to take revenge for Maehara and, after they did all that work, he said thanks and went to see another girl he had a date with. Great on so many levels.

Hungry Joker Vol 1
wUcb.jpg

Better than I was expecting. Heidi comes off as a bit of a deranged but logical assholish scientist and that's exactly what I liked about him. Yamada/whatever Heidi decides to call the poor assistant seems like the usual character planted there to make the comedy work. She's cute and a bit of a fool for sticking with it.
Best thing about the volume were the moments Heidi managed to outwit that sucker Killed and punch his face.

Beelzebub Vol 22
xUcb.jpg

Took the whole volume to see Oga kick asses the way it's meant to be but at least it was a bit more focused than previous volumes.
It's not cool for the volume to end on such a cliffhanger with that yankee leader girl trying to seduce Ogabeel. Kunieda better kick some asses too next volume. Seeing her sorta submit to those girls wasn't cool.

Pandora Hearts Vol 20
zUcb.jpg

I really liked the little flashbacks from Oscar's point of view that fleshed a bit more the past relationship with Oz and made what happened in the chapter feel even more close as a reader. It actually surprised me to see the events unfold, because I was almost sure he would have pulled the trigger, so what actually happened was way more touching and the way the escape ended way more sad and angering.

The World God Only Knows Vol 21
2Ucb.jpg

I remember reading negative opinions for this arc on here, but I'm enjoying seeing kid Keima trying to make head or tail of the events and figure out how to solve the problems there AND get back to the present. Plus I got to see jealous Elsie and Keima's young mom and there is all the game that Keima still shows as a kid.
It gets double thumbs up from me.

Tokyo Ghoul 138

Damn seeing Suzuya step up his game was awesome even
when he has one leg to maneuver with.
But man that cliff hanger was gruesome
with that weapon stabbed through Kaneki's head.
That's some dark shit.

Tokyo Ghoul 139

Man the way the Author Ishida Sui repeats some certain lines repeatedly really conveys how fuckin insane the situation is. And the shading of the art just really compliments it. Gotta give some props to him. I mean we get to see the insanity
of Kaneki.
Also that shit
Arima stabbed Kaneki again in the head.
Yeah this manga is definitely not beating around the bush. I gotta say though this manga is one of best Seinen's I've read, no lie.

scy

That's a death flag raised all the way to the moon and beyond.

I deny your optimism on the grounds that if she does survive no doubt it'll be with the power of fucking friendship, and no one wants that troupe :x

Just like Kurome, right?

alternatively, the death flag will be so big that Pumpkin will detonate the world. RIP everyone

scy keep fighiting

I don't even like her!

Lets go further.
Mein is the only character that will survive the series.

True End Route.

she'll die in the epilogue

Tokyo Ghoul 140

We get to see further development of
Kaneki
and going deeper into his psyche which is so good. The depth that has been provided for us is excellent. Like this is character development done right. Anyways that end though, like WTF WTF. I mean you see
Kaneki staring out with his gouged eyes, looks very creepy.
And the art was done really well.

D.I.C.E. 1-10

This is like a more supernatural and less hipster version of Aku no Hana.

Probably the best art I've seen in a Korean webcomic. It looks damn nice.

Pokemon Adventures FireRed/LeafGreen Vol.24

AIQvzzll.jpg

Red suffers a breakdown after losing to Dexoys so Mewtwo decides to join in on the fun. Green continues to show her stuff and Blue still acts cool. Its amusing how they related the pretty much forgotten original Dexoys form change method of which game its in to the plot here. And even better here's the original who is Sliver's dad origin story, take that HG/SS.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've always wondered if that is umaru wearing a mask or if the author is trying too depict the shadow from the hat hiding her face.

Gunslighter GIrl Vol 8-15
Well that was an interesting read. I thought the overall story was interesting, it was fragmented but came together in the end. I understand whomever said there was a lack of character development but same time I, personally can let that slide since the girls undergo "conditioning". It does feel sluggish near the middle but I was glad I finish reading till the end. My favorite part was the ending when
the battle at the nuclear plant was occurring. It was kinda sad seeing the majority of the characters getting killed around the same time. I didnt expect Henrietta and Jose to be killed off atleast 10-15 chapters before the end. However I know something like that would have happen since it was foreshadow IMO. I was somewhat salty but was expecting the depressing ending. The last chapter was satisfying in a strange way, most due to the face Triela and Hilshire was one of my favorite pairing.
Overall I enjoyed the series alot. Maybe its due to guns, girls, a more "mature" (can be agure) and darker theme. I do wish there was more gunservice, it was lacking somewhat IMO :p

wonzo

Banned
I've always wondered if that is umaru wearing a mask or if the author is trying too depict the shadow from the hat hiding her face.
it's gotta be a mask as you can see where the blush lines cut off

e: unless the shadows strong enough to destroy even umarus blush lines then ヽ(´`)ノ

Revo

Fairy Tail 399

lolplease

Detective Conan 906

plot fakeout, tho might get some at the end of the case

Yandere Kanojo 56.5

So many fetishes.

Lain

History Strongest Disciple Kenichi Vol 6
XVcb.jpg

Another great volume, funny and with both cool badass moments and beautiful Miu moments.
For some reasons I'm still fond of Kenichi despite his usual lack of self esteem and cowardice because the dude always pulls out a pair of balls of steel when it matters. Plus the humor and comedy simply works, even in the small things (Shigure feeling down in a background because she didn't get the chance to train Kenichi and her little pet mouse tries to cheer her up).
Niijima keeps being shady and my dislike for him keeps leveling up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Been reading through nisekoi but it's been a really slow read, mostly because I forgot how much of a bitch Chitoge is to Raku in the beginning, and while this sort of comedic sociopathy dates back all the way to ranma 1/2, it really feels like raku really didn't do anything to make chitoge act like such a dick towards him, other than him being a boring character. Whereas you can understand why someone would want to be a dick towards ranma.

Moaradin

I don't read much manga but I was bored so I decided to check out Berserk.

God damn this is amazing. In the past week I ate through 9 volumes. Now I'm interested in checking out the anime. Does it do this manga any justice? The arc I'm reading is extremely long and It's just the first major arc. Can it even be properly covered in 25 episodes? I imagine they would have to tone down a lot of the gore/nudity as well.

Chariot

I don't read much manga but I was bored so I decided to check out Berserk.

God damn this is amazing. In the past week I ate through 9 volumes. Now I'm interested in checking out the anime. Does it do this manga any justice? The arc I'm reading is extremely long and It's just the first major arc. Can it even be properly covered in 25 episodes? I imagine they would have to tone down a lot of the gore/nudity as well.
For the Golden Age there are three amazing movies. For everything else? Not much of worth as of yet, honestly.

ElFly

HSDK

Woah why is it ending right now? Low readership? Author got tired?

Feel like there were a ton of fights left out.

So Nijima is a relative of Saiga's pointy eared friend, right?

LeleSocho

Banned
HSDK 562
uzcnoLU.png

Are

You

Kidding

Me?

Something must have happened between the author and the magazine because you can't explain this poop... like 98% of the character didn't have a development... hell not even Kenichi had it....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

I call bullshit on Igneel actually showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom