• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryke

HSDK 562
uzcnoLU.png

Are

You

Kidding

Me?

Something must have happened between the author and the magazine because you can't explain this poop... like 98% of the character didn't have a development... hell not even Kenichi had it....

Fuck this shit.

Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam

I figured that this being the only Gundam manga series written by the Bald Wizard himself, and being I've never read a Gundam manga series before, I should give it a shot.

It was pretty good, I think my favorite part was how balls out the Crossbone Vanguard went on their Pirate motif (despite being more like rebels then actual pirates). The boosters shaped like an X on the back, the beam swords shaped like a Pirate's saber, the beam rifles shaped like flintlocks, the emblems on the chest and head. And they have capes. I fucking love when mechs wear capes.
Even their flagship has a mast. A spaceship mast.

I never watched F91, and I didn't know that was a sequel to this until I was nearly at the end but I don't think that really hampered my enjoyment or anything. If I did know I probably would've waited until I got around to it though.
The Crossbone X1, X2 and X3 themselves are awesome and probably one of my favorite UC Gundam designs. The mouth opening as a vent to expel heat is fucking awesome, and so is it's crotch anchor thing. I wish I had a crotch anchor.

I appreciate how little time is spent on stupid bullshit, yet this series can still be some ZZ-tier nonsense at times,
like with Gladiator battles between a man and a Gundam and a monkey piloting a MS.
Tobia is a pretty good protagonist, he punched a princess and it was hilarious.
Crux Dogatie kind of feels like a mix of Haman Karn and CCA Char as a villain. He's mad about being stuck in space and the Federation still not caring about the people living there, so he wants to just drop some shit on Earth and make it uninhabitable. I never really got the whys and hows of that kind of plan, but whatever.

Volume_13.jpg

Man the cover for Vol 13 of Tokyo Ghoul looks soooo good. It looks simple though at the same time the details help give a pure but dangerous aura around the character. To put it in simple words it's legit. This bastard looks brilliant.

Tokyo Ghoul has some of the best manga covers out there. Though I love them Bezerk and One Piece covers.

kasane

Volume_13.jpg

Man the cover for Vol 13 of Tokyo Ghoul looks soooo good. It looks simple though at the same time the details help give a pure but dangerous aura around the character. To put it in simple words it's legit. This bastard looks brilliant.

Tokyo Ghoul has some of the best manga covers out there. Though I love them Bezerk and One Piece covers.

i usually love tokyo ghoul covers but im not too sold on this

something feels a tiny bit off

1/2 through Ero Manga Sensei Vol.1

izBPTHel.jpg

I quit. I can't finish this. Hell, one chapter on, I was pretty much reading this just due to me being stubborn and not wanting to drop this but even now I can't. I just can't.

Basically, a teenager is a part time light novel author and has a shut in imouto who's secretly his illustrator for his novels.

The first few pages, they tell us they are not blood related so we all know where this series is going. It doesn't help they introduce another imouto character and another imouto character who's also an author, just god aren't we aiming for something here.

So yeah, basically too trashy even for me. Also doesn't help it was basically painful to read through.

kasane

1/2 through Ero Manga Sensei Vol.1

izBPTHel.jpg

I quit. I can't finish this. Hell, one chapter on, I was pretty much reading this just due to me being stubborn and not wanting to drop this but even now I can't. I just can't.

Basically, a teenager is a part time light novel author and has a shut in imouto who's secretly his illustrator for his novels.

The first few pages, they tell us they are not blood related so we all know where this series is going. It doesn't help they introduce another imouto character and another imouto character who's also an author, just god aren't we aiming for something here.

So yeah, basically too trashy even for me. Also doesn't help it was basically painful to read through.

main dude looks like oreimo mc

kasane

so im looking at this vn killed kira kira?(deadrops) Cause its about bands and i like that concept. Is it any good? Any other VNs like it? Also are there romance/music LNs out there?

I really do applause you in your strength to read stuff like this. How do you do it?

Well mostly out of stubbornness to finish it once I started it.

But in reality, this is only really the second LN I dropped in the middle of it. My only other one was SAO, lol

Maybe I just have good luck in not choosing totally trashy LNs

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean sure, cute girl living with you doing cute stuff is pretty much standard otaku stuff, it's the incest angle I don't get. Is it part of the whole package or do people ignore that?

kasane

I mean sure, cute girl living with you doing cute stuff is pretty much standard otaku stuff, it's the incest angle I don't get. Is it part of the whole package or do people ignore that?

maybe it somewhat plays a part in the appeal, but a lot of them go for the not blood related angle

smurfx

get some go again
kenichi

well that ending announcement came out of nowhere. looks like we're going to have a shitty rushed ending.maybe this means we will get history's strongest master kenichi soon?

8dpBceD.jpg

He says this after he himself choked and very nearly raped a girl.

And immediately after hearing this from his wife, he imagines himself going doggy style on the girls little sister.

Like he can complain as much as he wants, the guys fits in perfectly.

kasane

8dpBceD.jpg

He says this after he himself choked and very nearly raped a girl.

And immediately after hearing this from his wife, he imagines himself going doggy style on the girls little sister.

Like he can complain as much as he wants, the guys fits in perfectly.

what the fuck

wat

jesus that page was kinda disturbing, not kinda it is.

fuck

Why else do you think most of the time, there's basically a disclaimer that she isn't blood related, lol

Ginatama 508

Beautifully drawn chapter
Grade A... this arc would be amazing if at least two major characters truly died in it
and not from the evil side

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) 61

I like politics.... So I can bear this chapter...
some people though may find it boring

lol at that King being actually asleep

That last page with Eren being chained up like that other Titan kid in the spinoff

Usobuko

Banned
Kgjnrkd.png

Welcome back, Tanaka Aiko.

Actually it's a manga which doesn't exist on MU by this author ( 须崎洋辅 ). Already like the character designs because it has its own style.

HSDK 562
uzcnoLU.png

Are

You

Kidding

Me?

Something must have happened between the author and the magazine because you can't explain this poop... like 98% of the character didn't have a development... hell not even Kenichi had it....

There better be a damn sequel! Or an anime season for the last bit at the very least

I mean Kenichi can still become History's Strongest Master Kenichi right!?

kasane

There better be a damn sequel! Or an anime season for the last bit at the very least

I mean Kenichi can still become History's Strongest Master Kenichi right!?

maybe this is another akamatsu ken situation or some shit

im not familliar with how the current arc is going but from what im reading this is really sudden

Marche90

so im looking at this vn killed kira kira?(deadrops) Cause its about bands and i like that concept. Is it any good? Any other VNs like it? Also are there romance/music LNs out there?

Again, there's a dedicated VN thread for these kinds of questions xD. We're happy to answer what we can.

Anyway, to answer you, yep! It's pretty good! Kirari is probably one of my favorite heroines in VNs due to her routes (yes, she has two routes, the normal and the true one) and the rest aren't half bad either.

Make no mistake, it's no masterpiece and there's things that drag the score down (also, the art style doesn't help), but if you find the concept interesting you most likely will like it.

kasane

Again, there's a dedicated VN thread for these kinds of questions xD. We're happy to answer what we can.

Anyway, to answer you, yep! It's pretty good! Kirari is probably one of my favorite heroines in VNs due to her routes (yes, she has two routes, the normal and the true one) and the rest aren't half bad either.

Make no mistake, it's no masterpiece and there's things that drag the score down (also, the art style doesn't help), but if you find the concept interesting you most likely will like it.

manga thread is like my japanese sub culture thread :p

i posted about grisaia there but i put it on hold since sequel isn't translated

maybe i should make an LN thread

Quixzlizx

/\/\/\
I'd post there, but pretty much entirely about trashy stuff (I can't find anything else).

Oregairu v03 c02 LN

I'd have a crush on Totsuka, too. So adorable.

I hope this isn't entirely a filler volume, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom