• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marche90

So many sub-cultures, all coming from Japan :lol

manga thread is like my japanese sub culture thread :p

i posted about grisaia there but i put it on hold since sequel isn't translated

On hold AT LEAST until the translator finishes translating Gakhtun at least :(

maybe i should make an LN thread

That wouldn't be a bad idea, actually.

Lain

It was actually shown that Sakura was forced to take "worm baths" or whatever it was (the scene was completely blurred of course) if I recall correctly. That's why I thought you already knew about these worms.

In the manga adaption of Fate/Zero, little Sakura is shown forced to take these worms all day long for days in a dungeon (and they look like dicks). It's so creepy. I wonder if the American releases will be censored.

kasane

So many sub-cultures, all coming from Japan :lol

On hold AT LEAST until the translator finishes translating Gakhtun at least :(

That wouldn't be a bad idea, actually.

oh yeah should i play the first entry in deardrops? I heard the sequel is more " mature " ( take that as you will ) so i was thinking of skipping through the first one unless there are some important plot points and character progressions on the first one

Attack on Titan 61

0572eac895.png

Holy crap the King was asleep through that whole thing. Guess he is completely useless.
I'm glad Erwin lived, seemed like he was gonna die for sure. He still is, but just not right now.
wtf are they even doing with Eren on that pillar

Lain

8dpBceD.jpg

He says this after he himself choked and very nearly raped a girl.

And immediately after hearing this from his wife, he imagines himself going doggy style on the girls little sister.

Like he can complain as much as he wants, the guys fits in perfectly.

Chapter 4 is finally translated? Then I can now dive in and start reading this.

Revo

Trinity Seven 1-41

It's alright-good if you can ignore how they explain powers. Otherwise everything will seem even stupider than it does if you ignore the explaining.

but lewd is nice

kasane

Trinity Seven 1-41

It's alright-good if you can ignore how they explain powers. Otherwise everything will seem even stupider than it does if you ignore the explaining.

but lewd is nice

I wish he would make another manga like controuble

Marche90

oh yeah should i play the first entry in deardrops? I heard the sequel is more " mature " ( take that as you will ) so i was thinking of skipping through the first one unless there are some important plot points and character progressions on the first one

Huh?

Uhm, if you're talking about going straight to D2B vs Deardrops: don't do it, since it's a direct sequel, so you will need to have read Deardrops at least

If not, I think that what you mean is that Kira Kira and Deardrops are part of the same series (they are in the same universe, but otherwise they are unrelated, save for a cameo or two), and no, they can be read in whatever order you want, but you will miss some references to the former in the later.

Don't worry ManGAF!

When you all lose your sanity and descends into smut chaos eating each other in lewd ways....

I will be the one to start the next thread anew and revive the Manga thread to its former GLORY!!

kasane

Huh?

Uhm, if you're talking about going straight to D2B vs Deardrops: don't do it, since it's a direct sequel, so you will need to have read Deardrops at least

If not, I think that what you mean is that Kira Kira and Deardrops are part of the same series (they are in the same universe, but otherwise they are unrelated, save for a cameo or two), and no, they can be read in whatever order you want, but you will miss some references to the former in the later.

best play it in order i guess

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Again, there's a dedicated VN thread for these kinds of questions xD. We're happy to answer what we can.

Anyway, to answer you, yep! It's pretty good! Kirari is probably one of my favorite heroines in VNs due to her routes (yes, she has two routes, the normal and the true one) and the rest aren't half bad either.

Make no mistake, it's no masterpiece and there's things that drag the score down (also, the art style doesn't help), but if you find the concept interesting you most likely will like it.

kirari was totes the worst man

Gojikanme no Sensou - Home, Sweet Home! 05

Of course the girl survived. Now two guys are going to get sent out and they'll probably die.

Trinity Seven 1-41

but lewd is nice
Still don't really get the breakdown events but it's doesn't matter :p lewd is nice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bokura no Hentai volume 6
lFO12UCl.png

Man, that volume really went by quickly. Marika coming out formally becomes a complete catharsis as well, compared to how it felt like a moment of arrested development for Nitorin way back in the early volumes of Wandering Son.

The author's note at the end also just, if nothing else, makes it seem real... although I have to think they read Wandering Son at some point, even if they said they ignored other work. lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This just recently popped into my mind, but have people forgot about chrno crusade? I've also pretty much forgotten about it until recently, but I remember really liking it when it was around.

Attack on Titan 61

0572eac895.png

Holy crap the King was asleep through that whole thing. Guess he is completely useless.
I'm glad Erwin lived, seemed like he was gonna die for sure. He still is, but just not right now.
wtf are they even doing with Eren on that pillar

That isn't he King but the fake King. The real King is where Eren and Historia are at...

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
This just recently popped into my mind, but have people forgot about chrno crusade? I've also pretty much forgotten about it until recently, but I remember really liking it when it was around.

It'a good, but i don't think it's remarkable. The final arc seem kinda rushed, and the fighting scene is not that good.

Antiwhippy

Hmm, I actually remember liking the ending, but it has been awhile. I think I might do a reread. Stumbled onto the name and then went "Ooooh yeah, that thing."

upandaway

Attack on Titan 61

Whoa okay. That really escalated quickly. Are we going into endgame? Is the last arc going to start soon? I'm not ready.

That isn't he King but the fake King. The real King is where Eren and Historia are at...

Mm, yes you're right. Seems I should've read that part more carefully.

Attack on Titan 61

Whoa okay. That really escalated quickly. Are we going into endgame? Is the last arc going to start soon? I'm not ready.

I kind of doubt that. If the next arc is the last one, it'll sure be a long one to wrap up Ymir and Bert/Reiner/Annie's villages, + the basement and the big infodumps for the massive reveals.
There's also the Ape Titan, where is he?

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 37

Youko is lovably dumb and CHARISMATIC PERVERT APPEARS! This little "arc" is going to be magnificent.

Also, my god, the teacher's amazing. Guys, I might like her more than class rep now. Halp.
tzoJajH.jpg

Girl, you fucked up

Are we ever going to see the charismatic pervert?
Or is that the joke?
It could honestly go either way given this series. And if she is actually shown, it'll be a marvelous anticlimax

Antiwhippy

If that means you could point me to actually good LNs. Do they really exist? I only read Kino no Tabi.

Spice and wolf, full metal panic and welcome to the N.H.K were originally novels.

edit: oh yeah, add in monogatari and irresponsible captain tylor. Had no idea irresponsible captain tylor was originally a light novel. Irresponsible captain tylor is also fucking awesome.

The more you know!

Antiwhippy

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 1-2

Huh, did not expect this to be another one of those VRMMO settings just from the impressions from this thread.

Also goddamn why are everyone in this world dicks.

The Seven Deadly Sins

Holy shit Hendrickson is getting rekt here. I'm guessing that demon thing that screwed over Ban all those years ago is gonna be what bails him out.

Quasar

If that means you could point me to actually good LNs. Do they really exist? I only read Kino no Tabi.

Log Horizon has been good.

And really of the LN I've read, they all turn out better than the anime based on em. For the most part anime writers strip the good bits out and focus on the more sensational bits (such as the ecchi in some).

Antiwhippy

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 7

WTF is up with this king and the spear hero?

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 8

Jesus christ thank god that the dumbass lost.

Also is this series going to be him building up a monster girl harem? Seems that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom