• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

HSDK 562
uzcnoLU.png

Are

You

Kidding

Me?

Something must have happened between the author and the magazine because you can't explain this poop... like 98% of the character didn't have a development... hell not even Kenichi had it....

What the fuck?!

dani_dc

Bokura no Hentai 24-25

Some really good advances with Yui/Ryousuke mother finally getting help and Marika going to the doctor. It was nice to see Marika mom being so accepting of the situation, but the real trial will be next chapter when she gets to class.

Will be very interesting to see what happens to Yui/Ryousuke now that his mother is internated in the hospital.

scy

Okay like ... I know I'm ~5 chapters behind or so on Kenichi but how the fuck can it end now? What.

...welp, should be an "interesting" ending I guess.

Revo

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 112-114

Sorta plot device from before has now turned into a plot device of EVIL!!!!1

Also a way out from a forced bad end.

daoster

Ugh... That sucks about hsdk, but you could kinda see where the story was headed, when both groups of masters and their disciples were fighting each other... I mean, where could you go from there?

Still, it's disappointing that kenichi will be cursed with the abrupt ending curse :(

Chariot

Doesn't the series cover the Golden Age? Wouldn't the movies be even more condensed than a 25 episode series?
I didn't see the old anime series, but I heard that it hasn't age very well.

HSDK 582

So its ending next chapter huh.
That feels weird. I thought that there is more to come with Kennichi slowly getting on masterlevel and then keep on surpassing his masters, but oh well, I guess they're out of enemies, they can reasonable bring in.

Been reading through nisekoi but it's been a really slow read, mostly because I forgot how much of a bitch Chitoge is to Raku in the beginning, and while this sort of comedic sociopathy dates back all the way to ranma 1/2, it really feels like raku really didn't do anything to make chitoge act like such a dick towards him, other than him being a boring character. Whereas you can understand why someone would want to be a dick towards ranma.

Sounds about right, worse girl. Even the boring one is at least more likable.

Welp, the sickness is real. Placed a preorder for these 2.

You know, even with all these merch, I'm really disappointed that there's no salmon tote bag yet.

Heh.

I already preordered Murdered Tanuki, pinched Hori-senpai, pinched Mikorin, and pinched Nozaki-kun.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I wish that I would have gotten onto that murdered tanuki one when it was still available.

Nar Kiss

What kind of friends do these people have...?

Kind of just another yaoi I guess, though I kinda like this one mostly because the main guy was cute, and the narcissist angle was kinda interesting. One thing that really shits me about it though, and this is applies to most of the yaoi I've read before that actually tries to establish a story, is that it's like a dumb rom-com, except that it's super sexually aggressive because it's yaoi. So you end up with characters wondering "I can't love a man!" when they've kissed multiple times and even had sex in the goddamn bathroom.

Guess that's my problem with yuri that tries to establish a story too now that I think about it, only replace the some of the sex with angst.

Stulaw

Fairy Tail 399

Acnologia's on its way, why I'm still reading this I don't know.

HSDK 582

Ending, next week, this ark hasn't been great, did seem like they were rushing through it.

Aizo

Banned
I forgot to post about meeting Evilore the other day and going to dinner/karaoke with a GAF group. He's pretty nice. I've got a video of us singing Bohemian Rhapsody, even. Panda, turn this into a 4-koma to make it relevant for this thread.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fate/stay night - Heaven's Feel

Still working my way through this. I think Shirou is intensely stupid in this route, even compared to the other routes.

Like, how hard is it to figure out you should stop obviously lusting after your girlfriend's sister in front of both of them?

And the whole Shirou/Sakura thing is random anyways. It seems by far the most like he just woke up one day and announced "I am in love with Sakura now" (because the player chose her route). Its even more dumb considering it retcons what you're lead to believe in the other routes - before HF it basically seemed like Shirou was just being willfully ignorant of Sakura's crush on him so he wouldn't have to confront it. Instead, it turns out he's just super fucking shonen dumb.

And yes, the dickworms are just wrong.

Zweizer

Banned
I forgot to post about meeting Evilore the other day and going to dinner/karaoke with a GAF group. He's pretty nice. I've got a video of us singing Bohemian Rhapsody, even. Panda, turn this into a 4-koma to make it relevant for this thread.

Sooo... did you manage to convince Evilore that MangaGAF is best GAF?

I thought you already knew Shirou is a moron.
I thought you watched Fate/Zero.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sooo... did you manage to convince Evilore that MangaGAF is best GAF?

I thought you already knew Shirou is a moron.
I thought you watched Fate/Zero.

They weren't dickworms in Fate/Zero. At least, they were less obviously dick-shaped.

I guess I haven't gotten to the super-dark shit yet, but mostly I just find Sakura annoying still (at this point she's just moping around his house demanding sex all the time). I have this feeling that in the untold ending of this story (assuming everyone is still alive), Shirou's gonna be dicking Rin behind her back since she's so annoying. I guess I should feel more sympathy for her backstory, but her yandere desires to possess Shirou creep me out.

Man, I wish that I would have gotten onto that murdered tanuki one when it was still available.

Nar Kiss

What kind of friends do these people have...?

Kind of just another yaoi I guess, though I kinda like this one mostly because the main guy was cute, and the narcissist angle was kinda interesting. One thing that really shits me about it though, and this is applies to most of the yaoi I've read before that actually tries to establish a story, is that it's like a dumb rom-com, except that it's super sexually aggressive because it's yaoi. So you end up with characters wondering "I can't love a man!" when they've kissed multiple times and even had sex in the goddamn bathroom.

Guess that's my problem with yuri that tries to establish a story too now that I think about it, only replace the some of the sex with angst.

Really? It was on my to read list once it was finished. I thought it would have been just plain fun.

Angry Grimace

Huh, I thought they were pretty obviously dick-shaped. Maybe they were more censored than I remember.

Nah, they gave them these weird ribbed heads so they didn't look exactly like wieners the way they do in FSN.

And yeah, Shirou is stupid in every route, but both he and Tohsaka are incredibly dense if they couldn't figure out Sakura had a shitty fucking life.

upandaway

I can't draw Evilore's avatar (and funny that you talk about relevancy to the thread right before grimace's post haha)

(double warning: F/SN spoilers)

Fate/stay night - Heaven's Feel

Still working my way through this. I think Shirou is intensely stupid in this route, even compared to the other routes.

Like, how hard is it to figure out you should stop obviously lusting after your girlfriend's sister in front of both of them?

And the whole Shirou/Sakura thing is random anyways. It seems by far the most like he just woke up one day and announced "I am in love with Sakura now" (because the player chose her route). Its even more dumb considering it retcons what you're lead to believe in the other routes - before HF it basically seemed like Shirou was just being willfully ignorant of Sakura's crush on him so he wouldn't have to confront it. Instead, it turns out he's just super fucking shonen dumb.

The Shirou/Sakura situation is more or less dictated by player actions, in theory. By choosing Sakura in the first few choices before the route is chosen, you're "materializing" the fact that Shirou loves Sakura, that's why he keeps choosing her.
Can't say I ever got the idea that Shirou had enough mental fortitude to discern her crush, maybe I just forgot some details in the other routes.
The design of the worms is different if I remember right but in F/Z they still made clear references to how they rape and stuff

How's the Log Horizon manga?
It'll be released here so I'm curious if it's worth reading.

Which one?

There's like four different versions, lol

I think the main one that's just titled Log Horizon started differently than the LN/anime. It just threw itself into the action and then went back to the beginning. Other than that, it felt just about the same as the LN/anime.

Angry Grimace

I can't draw Evilore's avatar (and funny that you talk about relevancy to the thread right before grimace's post haha)

(double warning: F/SN spoilers)

The Shirou/Sakura situation is more or less dictated by player actions, in theory. By choosing Sakura in the first few choices before the route is chosen, you're "materializing" the fact that Shirou loves Sakura, that's why he keeps choosing her.
Can't say I ever got the idea that Shirou had enough mental fortitude to discern her crush, maybe I just forgot some details in the other routes.
The design of the worms is different if I remember right but in F/Z they still made clear references to how they rape and stuff

He seems to just ignore her in both Fate and UBW, but he still makes it very clear he's hot for Tohsaka in all three of the routes, so it just felt like the entire route was forced. I mean, maybe if there had simply been some kind of event which preceded it, I don't know.

Yeah, I think in F/Z Zouken mentions that he's implanting Sakura's rapeworm into him, which was super fucking wrong.

Zweizer

Banned

Why not just put GAF's logo as his head?

Yeah Fate/Zero was pretty explicit about what these worms do. I guess I just didn't pay enough attention to their appearance.

Yeah, I think in F/Z Zouken mentions that he's implanting Sakura's rapeworm into him, which was super fucking wrong.

It was actually shown that Sakura was forced to take "worm baths" or whatever it was (the scene was completely blurred of course) if I recall correctly. That's why I thought you already knew about these worms.

Chariot

How's the Log Horizon manga?
It'll be released here so I'm curious if it's worth reading.

Which one?

I think the main one that's just titled Log Horizon started differently than the LN/anime. It just threw itself into the action and then went back to the beginning. Other than that, it felt just about the same as the LN/anime.
I like the Nishikaze no Ryodan one. It's Soujirou's path. Showing how he started to understand the world, keeping his guild together and even gets into how and who found out that players do not actually die and the early consequences of this (that was only a side note in the Log Horizon anime). It's whole different feelings, since Soujiro is closer to an usual able protagonist. He is immensely strong and is a lot about emotion and impulse, plus he has a giant harem of cute girls (and a man).

Judos 1

Boring start for one of the new jump manga. Was a bit more excited at the first chapter of Zumo vs this Judos one. So many walking "sides of beef" as the female reporter would say ultimately is my feeling about it. Action scene alright too, but then the details are pretty unappealing, the detailed hands/joints for example. I guess its going for realism but I think its weird. I dont know if this will survive.

Kurita

Which one?

It's the one simply called Log Horizon yeah. I remember people talking about a Log Horizon manga in this thread, I think it was that one.

I don't read much manga but I was bored so I decided to check out Berserk.

God damn this is amazing. In the past week I ate through 9 volumes. Now I'm interested in checking out the anime. Does it do this manga any justice? The arc I'm reading is extremely long and It's just the first major arc. Can it even be properly covered in 25 episodes? I imagine they would have to tone down a lot of the gore/nudity as well.

The anime has the greatest character theme soundtrack ever conceived.

Behold the greatness of Guts' Theme

If that's not enough to convince you then don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom