• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
ill pass on this. just too much "shit hits the fan" for me.

Hey, you don't get to stay unscathed after taking on the juggernauts last week.

Honestly though, the atmosphere is pretty much light-hearted and the way it is executed somehow soothe the mildly disturbing premise.

dani_dc

Himouto! Umaru-chan 17

Noo, why can't onii-san let Umaru buy Chonpa hat.

I just checked AP and it's a spin-off in Saikyo Jump, a magazine for little kids (as in younger than Shonen).
It's going to be good to see Nami and Robin without oversized breasts again.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Hey, you don't get to stay unscathed after taking on the juggernauts last week.

Honestly though, the atmosphere is pretty much light-hearted and the way it is executed somehow soothe the mildly disturbing premise.

god damn, why am i being unjustly punished?!?! i can only go for so long until my sanity starts to disappear!
ill probably read it to dissect the premise and see if it is interesting or not in the future though. pretty surprising fifth graders not knowing anything about sex were able to not only do it but to get the girl pregnant. i smell something fishy.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

\( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/

kasane

god damn, why am i being unjustly punished?!?! i can only go for so long until my sanity starts to disappear!
ill probably read it to dissect the premise and see if it is interesting or not in the future though. pretty surprising fifth graders not knowing anything about sex were able to not only do it but to get the girl pregnant. i smell something fishy.

\( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/

t(- -t)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i give up cause Mx0 is actually kinda good. i can see why it was dropped only reading 11 chapters into it, it doesn't have any edge to it. it feels generic and the author plays it so safe but please dont spoil anything if the manga gets better!

Soma

was trying to decide on either changing my avatar for the new month or doing something spooky with it for october

...went with the latter

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I like Kodomo no Kodomo. Looks like no one else is that interested though.

That child-like innocence of 5th graders is a splendid contrast with the gravity issue of pregnancy at their age.

I read a few chapter.
My first though when reading it.

"Guess this is what going to happen to Garp if the dog didn't interfere"

========================================================

My voting for sugoi 50

Manga
Silver Spoon
Nickelodeon (i legit surprised this one got nominated)
Vinland Saga

Anime
Pingpong the animation
Dennou Coil
Tatami Galaxy

njiFUED.jpg

UQ Holder! 50

Mrs. Claus became jealous after finding out how much Karin was packing in the back.

Worried that she would be able to tempt the unfaithful Mr. Claus with something so bodacious, she decide to do what any other wife in her situation would.

Eliminate her.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
njiFUED.jpg

UQ Holder! 50

Mrs. Claus became jealous after finding out how much Karin was packing in the back.

Worried that she would be able to tempt the unfaithful Mr. Claus with something so bodacious, she decide to do what any other wife in her situation would.

Eliminate her.

by back do you mean her trunk? shes got more of a slim japanese figure going on.

Usobuko

Banned
Kodomo no Kodomo END

Should have let some chapters after the discovery of the baby to flesh out the impact and its consequences. It's disappointing together with the abrupt time-skip as an ending.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 8
Still cute~

Ojojojojojo 20

She's got a friend

Bokutomo 47

Yozora face during c'est si bon scene is the greatest~

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
About to complete getting the 17 volumes of oresama teacher, so I've been rereading the entire series again.

17 volumes is definitely not cheap though. T_T Oh well, worth it.

Seriously though, if you guys think the best thing about gekkan shoujo is the characters being super dorky, the characters in oresama are 100x more dorky.

About to complete getting the 17 volumes of oresama teacher, so I've been rereading the entire series again.

17 volumes is definitely not cheap though. T_T Oh well, worth it.

Seriously though, if you guys think the best thing about gekkan shoujo is the characters being super dorky, the characters in oresama are 100x more dorky.

This reminds me I still haven't gotten around to reading the first volume I bought some time ago >_>

yami4ct

Gundam the Origin Vol 6

Had to wrap this up since my copy of Vol. 7 arrived. Man was this good. Absolutely adoring this flashback arc. The Char stuff by itself is a bit boring (and sometimes, a bit far fetched), but the whole story that leads up to the breakout of the OYW is fantastic. It really casts Zeon and the whole war really in a different light. You can see why the Colony Drop, as stupid and horrific as it was, might be seen as a viable option. I also am loving the way it's painting Gihren Zabi as the true orchestrator of the war. In the anime, I never got the feeling that the war was completely his thing. He felt like a person using the war more than a puppet master pulling this strings. This adds some really interesting depth to the political drama and to Ghiren's character.

The best part, though, has to be the Zeon vs Fed Space Race style mobile suit development story they have going on with Tem Ray. So good. Again, such a great way to use an ancillary character who you're told is important in the anime, but it's never really shown. I'm a sucker for stories of groups of engineers fiercely competing, and this hits that genre square on the nose.

Overall, The Origin is easily becoming my favorite gundam series of all time. It takes the original series and polishes it up to the point where the good aspects can really shine to their fullest capability while at the same time, building out the UC world in a way that hasn't been done. It's just such expert writing, particularly for a manga adaptation.

Rhapsody

Banned
Kodomo no Kodomo END

Read all of it today. I can't say the ending was perfect (but good enough). But it was interesting seeing the main girl deal with this situation along with the characters that revolved around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom