• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsuyokute New Saga 01-06

ACTwap2.jpg

A hero through countless sacrifices and grief manages to defeat the demon king. He discovers a magical jewel that lets him go back in time. Now he has the chance to redo his mistakes and prevent the people he loves from getting killed.

Sort of a New Game+ here just without bringing back every overpowered sword you found and instead knowledge and latent power boosts. But it is pretty interesting how the hero to know what's going to happen and take steps to change it.

Mortemis

Banned
Hunter x Hunter

The king's race plot is really cool, and honestly? Between the king's race and the "humans are worse than ants" angle of the ant arc, it definitely feels like this is a conscious contrast to the ant arc on Togashi's end. The princes are probably all psychopaths. I'm guessing if the Zodiacs know about this, they'll want to help the idiot one become king.

The princes remind me of some sort of noble from Akame ga kill. Don't give a shit about humanity, they're probably all batshit psychopaths. Except one, we all know there's gonna be that one prince who'll be somehow down to earth/not crazy.

upandaway

Soma 77-79

I'm pretty sure I've seen plenty of Japanese recipes with lemon curds in them, but oh well. Also weird that no one knew that this is how he does shokugeki when he's this open about it.

Anyway, it's over now. I just don't like copy guys or data guys, and I feel like they went a bit too far into disbelief territory by making him an almighty mindreader, so nuts to that. Hayama hype.

Log Horizon - Nyanta Hanchou Shiawase no Recipe 01

Time for Log Horizon: Nyanta edition. A spinoff about everyone's favorite gentlemanly chef.

As usual, the world building is top notched even if the chapter was pretty short. I am looking forward to seeing cooking action.

Toriko 286
Well, what do you know? Heracles actually shot Toriko. And here I was thinking that it was just vision. Though seeing the oni talk to the other oni was weird. I'm guessing that it'll be a while until Komatsu and Mappy return with Air.

Naruto 686
What's up with these high-class ninjas falling for simple tricks? Anyways, the whole battle so strange. And not to mention convoluted. The SotSP guy manages to come back as a ghost to tell the four zombie Hokages that he needs their help. In the meanwhile, Kaguya starts going all automatic spear-gun on Naruto's shadow clones. Then she decides to increase the dimension's gravitational pull which affects her as well. The Kakashi sacrifice was nice even though he didn't actually accomplish anything with it. His face just goes, "Obito and I are coming, Rin. Oh right, Kamui."

Bleach 590
Fair paced. The fact that Kurotsuchi showed up last chapter meant that the fight's probably going to go on for another good 2 or 3 chapters. Bambie starts asking for Gigi's "something." And just like that he managed to beat zombie bomber girl. But Gigi has more zombies. So Kurotsuchi calls out his Arrancar test subjects (returning character!) which basically amounts to "I got zombies too, so there!" That reminds me, with hollows being poisonous to Quincies, how exactly did that Quincy guy way back manage to absorb Ayon? Or does Ayon not count as a Hollow?

One Piece 754
Kinemon meets up with his friends that all the soldiers down there agree to help them. And now most of the coliseum fighters have figured out that there was no way Doflamingo was ever going to let anyone get off the island even if the "game" did end. Which makes Doffy kind of an idiot because an Admiral is still there on the island. Which also makes Fujitora kind of an idiot as well for going along with it. "The communications been cut. Our men are be controlled and attacking each other and civilians. But we not gods. Let's wait it out." I was surprised at how quickly Robin and the other two got the Pica statue. And Bartolomeo has another fanboy moment. Heh.

Koe no Katachi 46
Everyone is getting back together because Ishida isn't a bad person. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Ishida staying in a coma until everyone finishes that movie. And then there will be good feelings all around. Could this be the start of assertive Nishimiya? I want to see her smack that pretty boy.

Lain

Chariot in animegaf.

Haha.

Ubel Blatt volume 13

I still have no clue how Glenn came back to life and so young as well. Also he became some sort of sex monster. He's been fucking all the girls in his army while making so many die in this war between "heroes".
Volume disappointed me somewhat, since there was so little Koinzell, with him at the start acting scared of Ikfes' Sword.

upandaway

Nisekoi 130

I think the censorship joke would have worked in Gintama or something but as it is, it kinda didn't. Hmm.

That panel though.

upandaway

Magi

Everything is pretty much revealed at this point, I think, if you count the David text from the special chapter (I don't think it will ever appear outside of there). I'm guessing next chapter will bring us back to Aladdin, either that or they briefly spend some time spelling things out for people who didn't bother to piece them together.

Soma

Fragile and Tough

I laughed at "Ampu-Punch"

I thought these two characters were actually genuinely well-written. I'd read a whole series about them. Gotta hand it to the guy for being able to effortlessly counterbalance these relatively sweet types of stories against his really fucked up stuff.

Mortemis

Banned
is this how killua will join the expedition? although if they did pick somebody it would probably be morel.

I doubt that and I hope not. Killua could be a good pick for the Zodiacs, he's no Kurapika but he's smart enough to hang with them. I don't want him to though, he's with Alluka right now and frankly I want his character to stay out of the focus for a bit. I want this arc to focus on Kurapika and Leorio on one side dealing with traitors and the princes, and Ging vs Pariston on the other side. Gon and Killua can come into play later on please.

I think Killua and Gon will wind up as part of the eventual rescue squad.

This I would be okay with. It'll give them an important role to fulfill and would only happen much later in this arc.

Mortemis

Banned
I am very ok with 3 weeks and break.

More than okay. Sounds like the life to me. I'm more than cool with Togashi taking short breaks every so often if it means avoiding hiatuses and not having to wait over a year for a new chapter. Sounds too good that it probably won't happen.

upandaway

To convert the same pace with the hiatuses into a streak with no hiatuses, he'd have to take 3 weeks of breaks for every week he puts out a chapter. I mean I hope as much as anyone that he can get by with a week off every 3 weeks or even a week off every other week, but that's hard to believe after 8 years of a monthly pace.

Have fun Kurita-man

Mortemis

Banned
Assassination Classroom 94

The Principal is absolute bonkers, and I'm loving it. Great villain imo, much better than side boss Asano. Class E wins again, I'm happy and all but I can't shake the feeling that the principal is about to pull something big and that he won't fail.

Seven Deadly Sins 23-86

It's ok...the art is nice, but the fighting get boring after awhile. The abilities could be used in interesting ways, but the fights usually devolve into two sides trading super attacks. Last 20 chapters started to draaaaggg, please either kill the baddies or revive the demons already, I don't want to see yet another fight with fairy dude.

Character design is godly. Merlin is #1 waifu. Diane x King OTP. Sort of hope Ban actually kills MC because MC is boring.

Zweizer

Banned
Yandere Kanojo ch64

Seems like we're getting to the conclusion of this arc. I'm curious about this guy's reasons for acting like that.

Alriiiight, D-Day! Japan here I come!

Are you going to the Comiket? If so, mind getting us some doujinshis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom