• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe once Shikamaru marries Temari, he'll get her to stop with the ridiculous hairstyle.

HxH 348

I'm starting to think the recent chapters have been so wordy so the anime can go at a 1:1 pace instead of outright ending. It's really getting annoying and I might just put it on hold until stuff actually happens.

I actually like how dense the chapters have been. It makes it feel a lot longer than it really is, especially in contrast to Bleach

Hunter x Hunter

My might is waaaaaaay too jumbled up to start writing about this but things are getting really interesting. I hope this means we see a clash with Monkey or something because he's been hyped to be like the strongest Zodiac in terms of fighting (Hisoka rated Tiger relatively low).
Then again they can just trap Monkey now so there's no need to put themselves at risk.

The king's race plot is really cool, and honestly? Between the king's race and the "humans are worse than ants" angle of the ant arc, it definitely feels like this is a conscious contrast to the ant arc on Togashi's end. The princes are probably all psychopaths. I'm guessing if the Zodiacs know about this, they'll want to help the idiot one become king.

I don't think Hisoka's readings are an accurate gauge on strength, just people he finds interesting and talented enough to fight. Hisoka presumably gauged every Hunter who votes, but didn't make note of people like Bisky or Moran, who are pretty strong. The only people he makes note of are illumi, a few zodiacs, and Ging, who he doesn't even see

I am very ok with 3 weeks and break.

I am OK with this as well as long as there's no hiatus

If they go to space then Kishi is just pulling stuff out of his ass

seriously other series had a road map for world expansion but currently Naruto is just tossing in plots like mixed salad

on the fly

no restraints just made up on a whim

Edit: A Terrible Surf & Turf

Volume 35 (28-7-2014)
One Piece (Absent in ranked issue)
1. Hinomaru Zumou
2. Isobe Isobee Monogatari
3. Assassination Classroom
4. Shokugeki no Soma
5. PSI Kusuo Saiki
6. Toriko
7. Kuroko no Basuke
8. Haikyuu!!
9. World Trigger
10. HunterXHunter
11. Illegal Rare
12. Gintama
13. Kochikame
14. Bleach

Cover& Lead Colour Page: Naruto
Colour Page: Yoakemono
Colour Page: Nejiyama-san (Oneshot by Kouki Ishikawa - Golden Future Cup Entry Number 1)
Colour Page: Nisekoi

14. Bleach

chris-rock-huh-face.gif

lordmrw

Bleach still sells somewhere between 5-800,000 per volume, does the ranking even matter in a situation like that? Although I will note that being ranked dead last is pretty shitty.

Bleach still sells somewhere between 5-800,000 per volume, does the ranking even matter in a situation like that? Although I will note that being ranked dead last is pretty shitty.

And its getting cover and colour page next issue. Its not liked theyd end bleach.

Probably the one to be more worried about is Gintama in terms of older series...

Revo

The Gamer 47

Psychokinesis huh..

Still so weird to have the chapter end right after putting in stat points.

God of Highschool 168

it hurt to read.

jman2050

Nisekoi 132

Superior Onodera (hint: the one that isn't a perpetual wet noodle) will win. Those other four finalists must be bored as hell knowing they have no real shot.

Paula and Marika stole this chapter.

Zweizer

Banned
Hakase ga Joshu de Ore ga Ore de (One-shot) by Ikuya Daikokudou

Lewdness Meter:

NSFB---------oLain

An amazing tale on how to have sex with oneself while being oneself's fantasy, learning how to accept oneself's personality and flaws as a result.

HxH 348

I'm starting to think the recent chapters have been so wordy so the anime can go at a 1:1 pace instead of outright ending. It's really getting annoying and I might just put it on hold until stuff actually happens.

Yeah no. I doubt Togashi gives a shit about the anime. I mean, the movie is proof enough of that fact

Hakase ga Joshu de Ore ga Ore de (One-shot) by Ikuya Daikokudou

Lewdness Meter:

NSFB---------oLain

An amazing tale on how to have sex with oneself while being oneself's fantasy, learning how to accept oneself's personality and flaws as a result.

I feel like my mind collapsed mid sentence there

Akito

So here’s the future of IKKI titles noted in the latest issue, since the magazine ending publication with the November issue, coming out in September. The following 8 series will continue in other Shogakukan magazines:
  • Taiyo Matsumoto - Sunny
  • Shunjuu Aono - Slapstick
  • Q Hayashida - Dorohedoro
  • Isami Nakagawa - Nekkoro
  • Yasuto Miura - Hakka Shoujo
  • Ono Nastume - Futagashira
  • Haruhisa Nakata - Levius
  • Tsuyoshi Matsumoto - Rottarein
In addition Mikio Igarashi’s web series Kyou o Aruku from IKKI-para will be serialized in another magazine starting January.

The following two series are ending in October issue that will be released in August:
  • Hideki Arai (original: Taichi Yamada) - Kuuya Shounin ga Ita
  • Seiman Douman - Nickelodeon
and next series are ending in November issue:
  • Shunjuu Aono - IKKI to Watashi
  • Yanboru Chuuou - Kuma Fufuu
  • Knots - SONGBOOK
  • Ayumi Osada - Nouken
  • Sakumi Yoshino - Period
  • Kumiko Suekane - Houkago no Charisma
with the exception of IKKI to Watashi and Kuma Fufuu, others have individual volumes planned.

The wording in the article is a bit unclear, I assume the following titles will have content beyond the October and November issues which will be revised into (final?) volumes:
  • Ine Arinaga - Oni-san Dochira
  • Shunji Enomoto - Kajiba no Baka IQ
  • Seimu Yoshizaki - Kingyoya Koshoten
  • Est Em - Golondrina
  • Jinko Kobayashi - JUNKIN’ GAP CLASH
  • Naoko Matsuhima - Sumire Fanfare
  • Narumi Shigematsu - Babel
Based on Shirai’s blog entry, I’m assuming this holds true for the other two titles as well, that the next volumes will be final:
  • Yuuko Ichijou (original: Hyakken Uchida) - Ahou Ressha
  • Yumiko Shirai - WOMBS
  • Nishijima Daisuke - Điện Biên Phủ
At the end of the issue they announced a new magazine starting this winter, it will feature new works by authors such as: Tanato, Totempole, Yūta Nishio, Tenten Hosokawa and Torico Yamada. More info will be revealed in IKKI’s final, November issue.

Note: may contain errors, will revise/edit in such a case; for series’ names I used manga-updates.
Source: natalie.mu via AnimeSlovenija

Vito

Banned
Just so you know Akito, when/if I edit that stuff, I'll harass you to edit text here as well. Dunno if anyone pasted it, the Afternoon cover is pretty cool:

Dat Hiroaki Samura, also I'll throw in some Adachi as well.

upandaway

Peephole

Okay, that feels more like Peephole than the previous 10 or so chapters. Looks like we're back.

Also, Miyaichi was pretending to be surprised? I guess she was involved in the killing then or at least was an informed observer.

Zweizer

Banned
WOMBS was being serialized on IKKI? I had no idea. Hopefully if it ends... maybe we'll get the last 2? volumes over here (we're stuck on volume 2).

Just went to check what kind of manga is titled WOMBS.

You really know your stuff, huh, Lain?

Vito

Banned
WOMBS was being serialized on IKKI? I had no idea. Hopefully if it ends... maybe we'll get the last 2? volumes over here (we're stuck on volume 2).

Don't think it was serialized, maybe at first, but I think later on it was just published under the IKKI imprint, just not in the magazine. I might try and churn through author's blog entry later... also WOMBS currently has 4 volumes, 5th is last.

Zweizer

Banned
Peephole
Also, Miyaichi was pretending to be surprised? I guess she was involved in the killing then or at least was an informed observer.

I think it's more like the gore and stuff doesn't really disturb her that much.

But that'd be an interesting twist if your theory is true. Would that mean the surgeon is secretly Miyaichi?

Revo

But that'd be an interesting twist if your theory is true. Would that mean the surgeon is secretly Miyaichi?

Probably closer to an acquaintance like furniture girl, if that is the case.

Peephole 33

Rollercoasters are the best, don't let peephole fool you.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma Raws

Intrigued by what's to come.
Nikumi uses her angry face an awful lot in this chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom