• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Naruto]

Man, Kishimoto sure explained the hell out of that one: "Shut up, you can't be Madara. Also, get lost." ^^

Which reminds me: will we ever know why Obito manipulated the Mizukage in the shadows for some time, now? Ah, well!

Yeah that's one thing I really want explained but can't see at this point. Wasn't it supposed to be a big deal that Kisame recognized him under the mask as the Mizukage?

It's pretty clear Kishimoto did not have an end game for this manga other than Naruto becoming Hokage. This is clearly not a big deal anymore as everyone already accepts him and the current Hokage has proved useless. Yet it keeps getting constantly mentioned during this war.

Way too many retcons and weird actions along with plots introduced and not followed up upon (Suigetsu collecting the swords of the mist, he wasn't even there when he brother resurrected). Kaguya being mentioned so late in the manga and being the final villain is just so dumb. At least Madara was set up for a long time.

zeromcd73

Yeah that's one thing I really want explained but can't see at this point. Wasn't it supposed to be a big deal that Kisame recognized him under the mask as the Mizukage?

It's pretty clear Kishimoto did not have an end game for this manga other than Naruto becoming Hokage. This is clearly not a big deal anymore as everyone already accepts him and the current Hokage has proved useless. Yet it keeps getting constantly mentioned during this war.

Way too many retcons and weird actions along with plots introduced and not followed up upon (Suigetsu collecting the swords of the mist, he wasn't even there when he brother resurrected). Kaguya being mentioned so late in the manga and being the final villain is just so dumb. At least Madara was set up for a long time.

I totally forgot about that!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
KTUpTyC.png

Art.

Erigu

[Naruto]
When that episode was serialized in Weekly Jump, Kisame called him "Mizukage".
When the volume was released, it became "former Mizukage".
And in the end, it turned out he actually was just manipulating the former Mizukage.
Clearly, Kishimoto was constantly improvising that stuff (and revising it, presumably upon realizing it would be pretty damn hard to justify down the line). I guess he just gave up (or simply forgot) at some point.

Toriko 287

Woah Zerba can fly??!

They finally got to Air... and the Blue Oni can somehow deconnect itself from the main body

I wonder if Toriko will still feel the damage... (if that is Toriko who is conscious right now and not the red oni)

Also... Horse King wreak this cocky bastard

*temporarily spoil tagged since it is early in the morning... for EST at least

I-hate-u

Bleach
I just can't believe Kubo would do that. He is like the 2nd most popular captain after Bakuya. There has to be a catch.

Oda has really got to scale it back, there's so many characters getting introduced and so much going on that I can't get myself to care about any of it.

_hekk05

Banned
三ツ星カラーズ aka Mitsuboshi Colours, by カツヲ (Katsuwo)

Serialised in Dengeki Daioh

Featuring cute girls doing cute things (this time its a treasure hunt)

xzjygk.jpg

She would be a great yuri character when she grows up

Revo

Bleach 591

Ooh, zombie hitsugaya. Hype.

One Piece 755

Never staying in one place for more than a page or so kills all momentum or caring.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Bleach

I don't remember him dying at all so he could become a zombie. At what chapter did it happen?

Bleach
I just can't believe Kubo would do that. He is like the 2nd most popular captain after Bakuya. There has to be a catch.

Well, as said above, Kurotsuchi is there. If anyone can whip up an Anti-Zombie potion, it would be him (or Urahara). Or Momo and/or Rangiku could show up to talk him out of it. Granted, that's assuming that it's the real Hitsugaya. I'm not ruling out doppelganger or illusion just yet.

_hekk05

Banned
Well, as said above, Kurotsuchi is there. If anyone can whip up an Anti-Zombie potion, it would be him (or Urahara). Or Momo and/or Rangiku could show up to talk him out of it. Granted, that's assuming that it's the real Hitsugaya. I'm not ruling out doppelganger or illusion just yet.

Its totally gonna be an ice clone. Mark my words

One Piece 755

when did Franky become such a macho man

Also why did he allow himself to get slammed around before?

Damn Pica isn't died yet :(

sigh

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Prison School 127
Men united under one flag for the greater cause, that is, wet t-shirt contest!
Also, Andre mind is still in cloud nine

Shokugeki no Soma 80

Soma got another cool close-up. He is going to win this. Hard

Setsuna

Bleach

I don't remember him dying at all so he could become a zombie. At what chapter did it happen?

Hes a shinigami so he doesn't have to die like Quincy

I can assure you hitsugaya is alive. Its the only reason why Kubo gave giselle the rule that allows him to turn live shinigami to zombies, but not live quincies

Just like how kirge cant jail quincies

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah I'm not dropping off. Didn't say that I dislike the flashback stuff, it's just when that happens I tend to let it finish first and then continue reading.

Madao

Naruto

finally, he bites the dust. it was a bit sad though.

Bleach

i guess there's lots of big things going off-panel. last time Hitsugaya was shown he was all messed up after beating Cang Du, right?
also, since the other Sternritters managed to grab Cang Du back then to bring him to Juha Bach, i guess that was the window where Giselle went and grabbed Hitsugaya. i wonder if Matsumoto had the same fate or even worse since she was "dead" the last time we saw her (beaten off-panel by Cang Du)

Kubo should have made the "O" Sternritter have the title "The Off-Paneler" and be the mastermind pulling off these tricks.

Volume 36 (4-8-2014)
1. Haikyuu!!
One Piece (Absent in ranked issue)
2. Toriko
3. PSI Kusuo Saiki
4. Naruto
5. Shokugeki no Soma
6. Hinomaru Zumou
7. Kuroko no Basuke
8. Nisekoi
9. Isobe Isobee Monogatari
10. World Trigger
11. Gintama
12. Kochikame
13. Illegal Rare

Cover& Lead Colour Page: Bleach
Colour Page: Assassination Classroom
Colour Page: Devily-man (Oneshot by Kentaro Fukuda - Golden Future Cup Entry Number 2)
Absent: HunterXHunter

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch755

Well, aside from Franky being Franky, it's still the same old thing.

三ツ星カラーズ aka Mitsuboshi Colours, by カツヲ (Katsuwo)

Serialised in Dengeki Daioh

Featuring cute girls doing cute things (this time its a treasure hunt)

Sounds fun enough. What are the odds for this being localized/picked up by a translation group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom