• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Pfft, filthy gaijin doujin might as well not be doujin. Baka.

Kindle always has some pretty questionable smut.

So, I did some google, and not only is it not smut, it's actually just a doujin that was translated a year ago that this person threw up on the Kindle Store.

I'm a bit confused!

Mortemis

Banned
Soma 80

I hope Soma loses, so he can leave this cast full of whatstheirnames and quit this cooking stuff so he can go star in an action battle manga.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, I did some google, and not only is it not smut, it's actually just a doujin that was translated a year ago that this person threw up on the Kindle Store.

I'm a bit confused!

Well it's kind of shitty for the person to just attach his name solely then!

Is it even legal?

Itsuka Kimitachi mo Otona ni Naru 02

This is getting pretty interesting even if it is just your overprotective father not wanting his daughter grow up.

I rather like that he's seeing himself in her boyfriend and its making him regret his past. Gives this story a lot more dimensions than your usual sitcom father disapproves of someone taking his daughter away story.

Mortemis

Banned
Soma 80

Forreal though, Soma's showing off his taunting skills and I'm loving it. Stalker-kun's gonna wish he lost to Takumi after this. I'm more interested in the other match. Will we get the fated match vs. Hayama or will Soma vs Dark Soma happen.

UQ Holder 44

These app guys always crack me up. That said, Tota really doesn't know what lay low means at all, typical hot-headed protag I guess.

We are at the point where amazon is not only selling doujins, but selling Doujins on Kindle, for gods sake

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L72528U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ages 8-17.

Bah, it's only barely lower than my own book in the rankings.

Well it's kind of shitty for the person to just attach his name solely then!

Is it even legal?

I'm fairly certain it isn't considering it's already an illegal translation. If anyone cares to do anything about it is another story. Don't really know who would be doing the suing/sending the C&D though. Not sure how copyright law works with doujins outside Japan.

Zephyx

Fuuka 25

Tama's a boss. She's definitely gonna cause hysteria in the guy's mind and lose to Fuuka by the end of this manga if my Seo instincts are correct.

Koe no Katachi 47

I guess we're getting an Ueno chapter next week? I really hate this girl man. Shes like Ishidas room gatekeeper. So damn annoying.

I'm not a big fan of this stupid movie subplot. It was never something Ishida wanted to do so Nagatsuka is only one really benefitting here. Its a nice way to get Shoko to get the crew back together I suppose.

Prison School 127

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400_medium.gif

Ueno is the most interesting character in the whole manga. I'm really hopeful that we finally learn about her feelings to seeing Ishida get bullied all those years. Honestly I don't feel like 20 pages will be enough.

Tonari no Seki-kun 54

Finally! The rugby series we all been asking for!

Tonari no Seki-kun 55

I see Seki is quite skilled in the art of test taking. *bow*

JDSN

Banned
Prison School 125-127

This is so smut and anti smut at the same time, I love how genuinely innocent the characters are in this. Andre's arc with the Andrenomics has been hilarious.

Kageno datte Seishun Shitai 03

Usual jealous teenage girl antics.

Besides the whole I can cure his distrust of women that screams shoujo, this is still all kinds of adorable. Good to see her stand up for herself and for all the shoujo love blossoming.

Sakamichi no Apollon 1-End

I just read all fifty chapters in two days... I can't remember who suggested this one to me, but just wow. That was exactly what I was looking for. It was one hell of a read too. I really loved that it was a period piece set in 1960's Japan. It was really interesting seeing the ways of the time. I also liked how all of the characters were flawed, and even when things are going right, those flaws are still present. That said, it's crazy thinking of where the story started and where it ended. That sure was one heck of a journey. I absolutely be re-reading it soon.

If anyone knows of any series similar in nature to this one, I'd love to hear it. This was exactly what I was searching for.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guys. List all shoujo/romance mangas you enjoyed that come off the top of your head. I'm heavily judgemental on art. All of Costi's suggestions from twitter were.... not to my liking. I'm sorry costi. Scy's recommendation has never failed. All of yours have failed so far. =/ I'm getting pretty desperate with nothing to read at the moment. The last good rec I had was from dramatis and that was like forever ago.

wonzo

Banned
Guys. List all shoujo/romance mangas you enjoyed that come off the top of your head. I'm heavily judgemental on art. All of Costi's suggestions from twitter were.... not to my liking. I'm sorry costi. Scy's recommendation has never failed. All of yours have failed so far. =/ I'm getting pretty desperate with nothing to read at the moment. The last good rec I had was from dramatis and that was like forever ago.
Ore Monogatari

Quasar

Just recent? What about non shoujo romances?

I recently read Prunus Girl, Bitter Virgin, Hapi Mari and Okujou-hime and didn't mind them. Though mind you I haven't read tons of romance manga. I've also been reading Akuma to Love Song and a couple of the shojou that just got tunred to anime (Ao haru Ride, World is Still beautiful) which I've enjoyed.

I guess I should warn that Bitter Virgin is definitely not a happy fun time romance book.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

The world is still beautiful
Glass Mask
Ouran highschool host club
Oresama teacher
Kamisama hajimemashita
Kaichou wa maid sama

Screaming Lessons is the only shoujo I like, and it's definitely NOT romance.

upandaway

I don't know what you got recommended or what you read, did you try Hajiotsu?

Do you mean it has to be shoujo, or just one of the two? If the latter, then Sakamichi no Apollon. It's josei and really good. If the former...Lovely Complex? Don't read much shoujo.

_hekk05

Banned
Rereading prison school and damn, I've forgotten some pretty amazing scenes.

But that's like a no shit sherlock moment

Inari konkon koi iroha
Mairunovich
Hiyokoi
Love so life
Akagami no Shirayukihime
Hana to Akuma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom