• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played Fire Emblem: Awakening further. Why the hate here for Sully? She's nice.

Utsuro Wazarumono: Breath of Fire IV vol. 1-5 [END]

I picked this up to lift my spirit after that latest Breath of Fire 6 trailer.

Despite the really fast pace (they don't actually meet each dragon one by one, for example) this is... actually better than what I remember of the game. I feel that this is because Ryu actually talks and ponders here, making his duality with Fou-Lu more interesting. I really, really like that final chapter. Overall, it makes me want to replay the game, but I fear disappointment.

(Truthfully, I like series like Persona, Breath of Fire and Suikoden despite the mute protagonists.)

The art is also lovely. Turns out it's the same author who drew the adorable coda.

Revo

Nana to Kaoru 70-78

This breather was pretty good. Tachi is definitely well used to spice things up and I'm glad she isn't around 24/7.

Think I'll stick with kkow for now, maybe next month.

Zweizer

Banned
T.T I might as well do it now since no one is doing it with me

I think we all learned with hekkchat how much your ideas suck.

I played Fire Emblem: Awakening further. Why the hate here for Sully? She's nice.

Probably because she's not as pretty as the other waifus or some shit. Ignore these petty haters, she's fine, if somewhat cookie-cutter (like the most of the cast for that matter).

Tacitus_

Something must have gone completely wrong, if I can rather tell what's going in HxH than OP.
Not to mention that this chapter itself was confusing on it's own, not only in the big picture. So now Franky is wrestling people. Then he and the baby are just standing there. Now he's kissing the chick. But then he's angry? Why... I don't get it. Just like when Usopp ,,defeated'' the little girl. This arc is a mess. And just before another fight starts, we go back watching people run.

Am I the only one who can keep track of what's going on in OP without a problem? It's not like it's high literature, it's aimed at kids >_>

scy

Probably because she's not as pretty as the other waifus or some shit. Ignore these petty haters, she's fine, if somewhat cookie-cutter (like the most of the cast for that matter).

she won't try and kill you in your sleep like Tharja

that's why

_hekk05

Banned
I think we all learned with hekkchat how much your ideas suck.

Hmmph

I'll just hang out with Risette and Patchou, who'll always be there ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

In rawlands news, the WSJ new 3 are still left untranslated (chinese scans have picked up all but the dungeon one, so RIP that one first), I just discovered 10 untranslated Biorg Trinity chapters (my brain cannot handle them) and Eromanga-sensei chapter 3 is out.

And I've discovered a manga called この島には淫らで邪悪なモノが棲む aka Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaakunamono ga Sumu, or Something Obscene and Evil Lives on this Island.

Its gonna be a lewd ride guys

dani_dc

I personally don't hate her (I quite honestly don't recall too much of her), my issue with her steams solely from the fact I accidentally married her to Chrom and how she's an awful choice for Chrom wife.

That and I could never take her armor design seriously.

Zweizer

Banned
she won't try and kill you in your sleep like Tharja

that's why

That's slander! Tharja wouldn't kill you in your sleep either! She'll just have a soul-bonding moment with you during your sleep!

Hmmph

I'll just hang out with Risette and Patchou, who'll always be there ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

Have fun discussing how much your hekkchat sucks!

And I've discovered a manga called この島には淫らで邪悪なモノが棲む aka Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaakunamono ga Sumu, or Something Obscene and Evil Lives on this Island.

Its gonna be a lewd ride guys

What's the plot?

I just think that she's boring.

To be fair on her most of the cast is so anime generic that they are nearly as boring as her.
Yar, every character is a giant trope and gimmick that I guess if if you hated that particular trope, you'd hate that character entirely.

Still, I couldn't help but kyaah-kyaah-ing through confessional scenes.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
To change or not to change avatar, that is the question.

Ojojojo 15
I see the art get a slight upgrade. Man this chapter is sweeeeet!

Zweizer

Banned
Yar, every character is a giant trope and gimmick that I guess if if you hated that particular trope, you'd hate that character entirely.

Still, I couldn't help but kyaah-kyaah-ing through confessional scenes.

Haha, I know that feeling. Even with how generic most of the cast is, the game mechanics (I hope y'all are playing on Classic) and presentation are enough to make you care about them.

What's more binding than ritual murder!

Tharja is da best

Ritual sex of course!

Yanderes are always the best ヽ(´ー`)ノ

_hekk05

Banned
Have fun discussing how much your hekkchat sucks!

We're holding DTL's memorial and having a couple of hours of silence anyway

Hmmph

What's the plot?

I can't really explain the murdering part, but apparently the local god, chained up for 200 years, declares the MC to be her future husband or something.

The manga is more fucked up than lewd
dasoxj.jpg
That's the look of a crazy woman all right
Them chains

scy

I can't really explain the murdering part, but apparently the local god, chained up for 200 years, declares the MC to be her future husband or something.

Sounds interesting.

edit: MARIA GREW UP

JDSN

Banned
Prison School 127.

Njg7kAC.jpg

Hahaha, Andre and Gakuto are GOAT, its gonna be hilarious to see him participate in the escape while being the shell of a man.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh yeah, that reminds me, what was that manga about a god on an island filled with women with enormous boobs who are into ritual killing?

Zweizer

Banned

Looking at the attendance, he must be spinning pretty hard in his grave.

So generic smut with waifu conveniently handed down to MC with a dash of horror?

Unless there's more to the fucked up aspect.

Revo

Denpa Kyoushi 121

Is he gonna go around trying to save all of them bluhhh

Soul Cartel 134

And the clash is...next chapter

boo

_hekk05

Banned
Looking at the attendance, he must be spinning pretty hard in his grave.

He isn't even coming to his own memorial

So generic smut with waifu conveniently handed down to MC with a dash of horror?

Unless there's more to the fucked up aspect.

Well they've apparently chained up the MC and brought him into this creepy cave where he half strangles a girl and the god...

And then said god tells him that on the island, he can just have sex with any girl who's had her menses before... ( I'm pretty sure about this one)
この島では
初潮を迎えたおなごはいつでも誰でもまぐわえる
それが自然の形じゃ

And then they have a ritual to find out more about the island, which involves him having an out-of-body experience...

I rate the manga fucked up / 10

Lain

Utsuro Wazarumono: Breath of Fire IV vol. 1-5 [END]

I picked this up to lift my spirit after that latest Breath of Fire 6 trailer.

Despite the really fast pace (they don't actually meet each dragon one by one, for example) this is... actually better than what I remember of the game. I feel that this is because Ryu actually talks and ponders here, making his duality with Fou-Lu more interesting. I really, really like that final chapter. Overall, it makes me want to replay the game, but I fear disappointment.

(Truthfully, I like series like Persona, Breath of Fire and Suikoden despite the mute protagonists.)

The art is also lovely. Turns out it's the same author who drew the adorable coda.

I read it some time ago. I picked it up because the covers were nice and because the covers were nice.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting much out of it, instead it was quite good, fast paced, well drawn and enjoyable all the way through.

Hmmph

Why a memorial? Is he gone forever instead of just temporarily?

Kyuur

Bleach

Finally, some interesting characters are back. And
Hitsugaya
is a zombie!? Oh Kubo, please make this true and not some sort of hoax. Please.

Naruto

Useless chapter. How many more times do we need an Obito flashback.

One Piece

Meh all around.

Toriko

That "knife" always impresses me. I wonder if Toriko originally had gourmet cells and then had more injected (turning his hair blue), resulting in two 'appetites'. Hopefully we get an explanation sometime soon.

I also feel like this full course hunt is going to be quite a bit shorter than I had anticipated, but I guess it's not necessarily end game with NEO planning to possibly go to space.

Zweizer

Banned
Well they've apparently chained up the MC and brought him into this creepy cave where he half strangles a girl and the god...

And then said god tells him that on the island, he can just have sex with any girl who's had her menses before...

And then they have a ritual to find out more about the island, which involves him having an out-of-body experience...

Meh, seems rather tame for an alleged horror smut. Sounds like at most the atmosphere can be somewhat oppressive, but otherwise it's straightforward forceful harem in a convenient setting.

scy

Oh um that's not what I had in mind. Hmm, no clue what that other one was called.

I guess this one's what Whippy meant though

Umi no Misaki?

And then said god tells him that on the island, he can just have sex with any girl who's had her menses before... ( I'm pretty sure about this one)

Sounds more like just a thriller / suspense setup than horror?

I glanced through the raws and I didn't see enough dead people.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I totally forgot about the mangas im gonna read the anime im gonna watch and the games im gonna play

Im not driving to nyc ever again, ill just fly there if i ever want to return

Well this is where you went wrong.

You don't drive in NYC unless you hate yourself.

scy

Incidentally hekk, who's Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaakunamono ga Sumu by anyway? I can't tell if it looks familiar or I'm just "hey, ritual murder on an island they all look the same."

Lain

Incidentally hekk, who's Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaakunamono ga Sumu by anyway? I can't tell if it looks familiar or I'm just "hey, ritual murder on an island they all look the same."

I googled the name and the first result were the raws. Now I need explanations. Why does the girl shrugs off the dude after he... saved? her from getting groped in the bathroom? Why did she turn him in to those other girls after getting him to stay in that place. What are the girls talking about after he's locked in that other place with the naked girl and he falls unconscious. Hekk!!!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Guys. List all shoujo/romance mangas you enjoyed that come off the top of your head. I'm heavily judgemental on art. All of Costi's suggestions from twitter were.... not to my liking. I'm sorry costi. Scy's recommendation has never failed. All of yours have failed so far. =/ I'm getting pretty desperate with nothing to read at the moment. The last good rec I had was from dramatis and that was like forever ago.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku.
Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru
Hakamori Majo Bianca
Ootagawa Junjou Lovers (especially 4.5, which is a oneshot not related to the other story)
Atashi no Banbi (if you liked the above)
Sugars (later chapters are better than the earlier ones)
Orange
Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi

There's more, but seeing as you're judgmental with art... The ones with the best art out of the things I've listed are Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Sugars, but they're all decent looking. The shortest ones are Ootagawa Junjou Lovers and Atashi no Banbi (3 chapters). The ones I'd recommend the most are Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku and Hakamori Majo Bianca.

What's the music from, this is bothering me D:

Bossun

Bleach

As usual, two hits per chapter. Also Hitsugaya is the most useless and underwhelming character ever.

Naruto

FRIENDSHIP POWEEEEEEER, fairy tales vibes.

One Piece

I don't like this arc, too many things, the action is all over the place and so is the pacing.

Toriko

Pretty uneventful chapter for once, but man that earth-shaking hoof kick was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom