• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

A+ chapters today. I really enjoyed One Piece, Toriko, and Bleach (I usually don't like Bleach). Kubo, show more Yachiru pretty please.

bigkrev

WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs (rec), reviews (rev), impressions (imp). Most recent at top.

YES I finally made the list again!

Stealth Symphony 1

I am kind of mixed on this. There was way too much going on in this first chapter- cities full of monsters, dragons as people, dragon artifacts and the powers they provide, invisible guy who is actually an invisible dragon in disguise, assassin's guilds, and a billion other things. Its kind of overwhelming to the point that it overshadows things like character names (I can't remember a single one) and action scenes (I'm pretty sure there were a few, but I kind of don't remember them?). This is the kind of first chapter that if it was an anime I knew nothing about, as soon as it got to the commercial break in the first episode it is getting deleted. But because it is being magically sent to my iPad every Monday, I'm going to at least give it 7-8 chapters (a first volume) to grab me before I drop it

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto
Ummmmmmm
How does Kabuto still have his sage mode when Orochimaru took back his DNA from him?
Whatever Kishi

Bleach

at times you wonder why Bleach doesn't have a narrator explaining all of this compared to what we have now with the character either explaining his/her power to the enemy or to some random person (us) that they may never knew existed

One Piece

re read the previous chapters just to make sure.... where the hell is Kine....

Usopp is likely going to go back... will not accept him chickening out

Toriko

So Toriko had the cells to begin with compared to some other people like Starjun who where injected with them

and Setsuna and Jirou will be waiting for them at this meeting spot

but at least Toriko is going back to check on that old Nitro
Because Sage Mode relies on chakra from the surrounding environment and Kabuto personally trained to learn how to gather it.

Kyuur

Bleach

A moment I've been waiting for since we were first introduced to her. Just as good as I hoped it had be, I hope she stomps this guy.

Naruto

Kabuto is the first character turn that actually makes 100% sense, but feels cheapened due to all the people we've already seen turn from talk-no-jutsu/randomly (Sasuke, Orochimaru, Obito).

Excited to see Gai do 8 gates. I know he won't beat him, but if he doesn't deal extensive damage I will be disappointed. I also loved how Madara slightly shit his pants when he used the 7th.

One Piece

Man I love how One Piece is always jam packed, takes me longer to read than anything else. Everything was great about this chapter, lots of progression. I'm a bit bummed at Usopp running, but since Robin is a toy it makes more sense I guess. Franky is really impressive this arc, and Kinemon is hilarious.

Toriko

Nice back story, definitely weird for the main character to only get his this many chapters in. Sometimes I wish the manga would just follow Setsuno and Jiroe for a bit, I love them. Was almost rooting for Komatsu with Nono there... then I remembered Melk. Good set up chapter, nice to know that Toriko actually noticed the guy in the house.

scy

You do realise that this objectively makes you a bad person, right? So long as we're clear on that.

Yup.

Haven't started them either, because I'm waiting on the Famished Spirit manga. Still holding fire on the anime stuff as well, partially because I'm unsure how it ties into everything and I'm kinda worried about spoilers.

The anime stuff is
I think story-wise, they cover their own stuff but some of the plot that happens is from various other novels. So, yeah, probably worth waiting on them for after reading.

Yamada and the Seven Witches 90

YES FUCKING FINALLY \o/

Wait, why are there more chapters...?

Well, y'see...

Yamada and the Seven Witches 100

Well now that I'm all caught up, I can wholeheartedly give my recommendation.

waifu quality: A+

Lots of good waifus, and one amazing waifu who is auto best girl. The way it should be.

Reaction faces: B

Not as good as Nisekoi but still plenty of good reaction faces.

Safe for bus?: Mostly.

Couple of fan servicey chapters and lots of pantie shots. Mostly hunky dory though.

---------------------------

I would have been ok with them stopping after chapter 90, but I'm interested to see how the second arc will go. At least the powers are different this time. As long as nobody interferes with Yamada x Shiraishi then I give the second arc my blessing.

scy

Bleach 571 - We waited so many long years for her to fight.

I may have tears in my eyes.

One Piece 740 - Usopp to the re...scue. I shouldn't be worried, right? Right?

I'll be waiting for those delicious pictures!

----

Made a gallery with the pack of manga I got yesterday. Between imgur, minus and photobucket, photobucket seems to be the one less likely to fuck up with me when uploading (imgur and minus always hang up/fail on some images when uploading, so annoying).

Saving manga as usual. ._.

Himitsu no Akuma-chan END

You know, when you literally just summoned a demon, wouldn't you at some point tweak on to the fact that there is such a thing as hell, and not summon him again?

Even if you really want to sex the demon up?

Yeah, but then you wouldn't be able to sex him up.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Naruto

How does Kabuto still have his sage mode when Orochimaru took back his DNA from him?
Whatever Kishi

He trained with that master snake to achieve sage mode, I don't think Orochimaru's DNA is necessarily required at this point. That said, Orochimaru did say in this chapter something like "oho do you still have some of my chakra in there, unless..." so the characters are wondering a bit why he's able to still be snakey as well. Will probably be explained eventually.

One Piece

I wonder if Oda is planning more than we think with this Robin's a toy bit. It's not just Usopp that forgot about her, it's the whole world. Suddenly she's no longer a wanted fugitive. Spandam has no idea what all that Enies Lobby shit was even about any more. They'll probably all remember once she gets changed back, but I wonder if the brief period where everyone forgot will instigate any future events.

scy

O/A 1-2 - I'm pretty sure I read this before but I tried reading the recent chapter and nothing made sense so here I am. Anyway, popular idol with a shitty personality goes to do a shitty radio show but due to shitty reasons, she leaves. But, they find a replacement with her exact voice...

Cue hijinks afterwards.

2n0jv3v.png

Also, a lot of toilet humor.

WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs (rec), reviews (rev), impressions (imp). Most recent at top.

Ohgosh

I also noticed I haven't been reading enough. What a shame.

Getting a display is not good? I thought it was good for a jump sq series and for also crossing 1mln unit sells ~4vols.

I would imagine getting a display in probably a better looking area might be important.

Revenge is a dish best served cold boiling hot with a side of tempura.

The bowl is--I'm not joking--the size of my head.
And I have an above average sized head.

Damn it, I want tempura now.

scy

It's food time in the thread, I see.

O/A 3-6 - Oh, right. The added drama of her no longer being an idol due to the company President running out and shouldering her with tons of debt and rumors. I don't remember that route in idolmaster. Drama stuff, hair discussion, shaving may or may not happen, and now the two girls do a joint radio show as one personality. I'm not even sure that makes sense. Still, their comedy routine is quite strong.

Whatever, I want to see those two work things out and unlock the true ending route.

You care for Komatsu's romantic life even when reading Bleach?

I think about Komatsu more than I care to admit.

It's crazy how much Bleach has turned itself around. It used to be unreadable garbage, and now it's more fun chapter to chapter than One Piece or Naruto.

Toriko 269 - Komatsu, you already have Melk II. What are you doing. What are you doing Komatsu.

I pretty much thought the same thing when I saw Nono moving in on Melk's territory. But we all know that Komatsu's true partner is Toriko.

One Piece
Dammit Ussop.

Koe no Katachi
Damn that Nishimiya, she's so adorable when flustered and/or confused. I feel like I'm going to loathe the next chapter if it focuses on her mom.

Bleach

Hell yeah Yachiru, i thought Kenpachi will interfere but this is so good.

Naruto

Kabuto? Lol. Goodbye Guy, (or is it Gai?). His death would have had more impact if he and his team got more panels.

one piece

Robin is going to Robin (be useless and suck)

Toriko

Go to the Gourmet world already. I was hoping we go into a flashback mode to see how Toriko retrieved Komatsu. But no. Komatsu got himself a girlfriend :D

Loco4Coco

I see Franky is holding his own against a Vice Admiral, Usopp till being a punk, and Zoro slashing walls.

Also wasn't there already a character that could blow himself up at will?

Loco4Coco

So I read the Shippuden manga. So now Kabuto is a good guy cause whynot. Gai bout to go all out while Tenten is busy doing target practice.

Bleach

Could that be her Bankai? Or is it a retcon?

One Piece

Usopp will be Usopp. He'll win the battle by accident (annoyingly)

Naruto

No comment

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Hell yeah Yachiru, i thought Kenpachi will interfere but this is so good.

Naruto

Kabuto? Lol. Goodbye Guy, (or is it Gai?). His death would have had more impact if he and his team got more panels.

one piece

Robin is going to Robin (be useless and suck)

Toriko

Go to the Gourmet world already. I was hoping we go into a flashback mode to see how Toriko retrieved Komatsu. But no. Komatsu got himself a girlfriend :D

He will. Its not like Yachiru is going to curbstomp this guy. Its just fanservice to let people see Yachiru fight since a lot of people wanted to see that. Kenpachi will just show up when she gets overpowered by whatever hidden power this guy has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom