• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Oh, yeah, wasn't he the one who replaced the video? Makes sense.

Edit: Oh and before Costigan asks, no, its not particularly good, and its not safe for bus, either.

It's too late, I'll suggest it to him anyway.

And, yeah, he was the one who replaced the video. I don't think he knew before that, though.

this page man.

dunno why but im in love with it

They're such a nice couple.

I'll be sad when they eventually kill themselves.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
scy 679
dakkumauji 676
kasane 598

Treading on dangerous ground here. There's only 5700 total posts. Even I only got 3K or something in the first OT and that one was like 50K total posts.

kasane

It's too late, I'll suggest it to him anyway.

And, yeah, he was the one who replaced the video. I don't think he knew before that, though.

They're such a nice couple.

I'll be sad when they eventually kill themselves.

i dont think they will kill themselves

Maybe the mc would stop her and gets himself killed in the process. Teacher then lives

or something like that

scy 679
dakkumauji 676
kasane 598

Treading on dangerous ground here. There's only 5700 total posts. Even I only got 3K or something in the first OT and that one was like 50K total posts.

didnt even realize i had that many :X

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
didnt even realize i had that many :X

If it makes you feel better, I think my total post count across topics 1-current is in the 6 or 7 thousand.

I thought topics ended at 20k or was that during the wild west era?

Topics end at 20K now. OT1 had ~48,000 posts. I had something like 2,850 in that thread, and probably averaged about 750 in every one after that. I don't even know where the threads are at this point to verify.

scy

scy 679
dakkumauji 676
kasane 598

Put in those terms, that's ... ....

...goddamnit.

i dont think they will kill themselves

Maybe the mc would stop her and gets himself killed in the process. Teacher then lives

or something like that

Maybe. It's either they go through with it after a really good life together during their trip or they just ... keep living.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
scy 679
dakkumauji 676
kasane 598

Is that what's been going on?
No wonder the manga thread has been feeling weird.

Angry Grimace

Yeah, TWGOK was fun when it was actually doing its original premise however long ago that was.

That tends to happen when you have a series about a nerd seducing women and you add in a 100+ chapter arc about him being 8.

Angry Grimace

Oh god, it really has been going on for that long.

Not just that, it was about to end and it just got extended out even longer for no real reason. Wakaki clearly has no idea what to do from here. Obviously he got the idea that the formula was stale, but then he tore up the entire premise and fun to change pace. What Keima is doing now is not interesting in the least. He needs to be seducing chicks, in some way.

That tends to happen when you have a series about a nerd seducing women and you add in a 100+ chapter arc about him being 8.

I thought him seducing someone while 8 wasn't too bad. Just a little weird when she temporarily became an adult for whatever reason.

It's just really boring now there's no seduction going on anymore.

Of course, I guess we could blame the Goddess Arc for that.

scy 679
dakkumauji 676
kasane 598

If you weed their post down to ones actually about manga they'd probably have around 500 combined

scy

Not just that, it was about to end and it just got extended out even longer for no real reason. Wakaki clearly has no idea what to do from here. Obviously he got the idea that the formula was stale, but then he tore up the entire premise and fun to change pace. What Keima is doing now is not interesting in the least. He needs to be seducing chicks, in some way.

Just buying time for ... something. I dunno, I've been keeping up with TWGOK rather half-heartedly for the last ~40 or so chapters.

If you weed their post down to ones actually about manga they'd probably have around 500 combined

:/

I would say the initial thought of setting everything up for his future conquests is kinda interesting. I mean if that happened when it first brought up, not half a year later I might even care about it now.

Just buying time for ... something. I dunno, I've been keeping up with TWGOK rather half-heartedly for the last ~40 or so chapters.

You really haven't been missing much.

Angry Grimace

I would say the initial thought of setting everything up for his future conquests is kinda interesting. I mean if that happened when it first brought up, not half a year later I might even care about it now.

You really haven't been missing much.

But we already know it will work and how it happens is uninteresting because the resolution already occurred. Its not like say, the time traveling part in Harry Potter. That part worked well in that series because the events that were affected by time travel were set up to actually be resolved by time travel.

scy

Feels like it kind of undermines the charm of the series: Keima seducing girls based off the games. Tying the past to it is a little ... meh?

Angry Grimace

Feels like it kind of undermines the charm of the series: Keima seducing girls based off the games. Tying the past to it is a little ... meh?

I guess the problem is, once he gets back I'm not sure how relevant any of the time-traveling stuff will have been. At this point, I'm not seeing it. It feels like a spin-off sidestory.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Keima discovers that his actions in the past have irrevocably changed the future and he needs to conquer all the girls again.

But we already know it will work and how it happens is uninteresting because the resolution already occurred. Its not like say, the time traveling part in Harry Potter. That part worked well in that series because the events that were affected by time travel were set up to actually be resolved by time travel.

I guess that's true. The only real part I thought could possibly be interesting was laying the foundation for all his conquests but it's only the thought of it. By now the execution would probably be terrible.

It does seem that he's choosing the girls so that they'll have a problem so he can charm and solve them. It does kinda make it feel that the girls that were charmed are less random and instead someone he choose.

I guess the problem is, once he gets back I'm not sure how relevant any of the time-traveling stuff will have been. At this point, I'm not seeing it. It feels like a spin-off sidestory.

Hopefully it'll be the end of it. Mostly because there's really no other direction this series can go after that unless you know some new problem pops up and he'll have to seduce a bunch of new girls while he has a bunch of girls actually already in love with him or he'll actually have to choose a girl, lol.

scy

O/A 19-20 - So now we have another girl with more bathroom gags. I'm immature enough to still be entertained by them but ... why so many? Anyway, new girl knows main girl's sister so I guess that's how we'll segue into some family drama.

That too. I guess the other option is ... it just finishes once it's all resolved. Might be for the best.

There's 7 total volumes it seems so I guess this marks a little over halfway done.
Keima discovers that his actions in the past have irrevocably changed the future and he needs to conquer all the girls again.

Except with different powe--wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom