• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Taiyou no Ie 40 - Looks like we're getting closer to the family coming together. And maybe getting closer to resolving some things. Not sure if there's all that much room left for it to go on without artificial plot brought up.

I don't know what you're talking about, Haqua is totally going to win this.

I wonder if Haqua is even a contender anymore.

I think it's weird that Keima is opening the gaps when they're little kids. I thought the gaps didn't even open until they were older. Like Kanon's opens because she wants to be a normal school girl but at the same time doesn't want to quit being an idol. Also if Tenri knew all this was going to happen from the start why did she never say anything?

Shhhhhh, plotholes!

keima opening kids gaps sounds real gross when put like that. :(

he's a kid still so it's slightly less gross?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's pretty much stretching the series for as long as it can go.

I mean you are basically right, he's written himself into a corner from the original premise and it's hard for any way to go back to it. It really shouldn't even that hard to write random conquests featuring the girl of the volume, but having the goddess and being a central part of the plot now, means they have to get focused and doing a conquest with that would make it a completely terrible harem (even more than now).

Not even sure where he could take this besides I guess choosing a girl which never happens in a harem series.

The problem is that there isn't a final boss (which in this case would be someone like Erina from Shokugeki) that he needs to pull out all the stops to conquer, which is the only thing that would really take his skills and up his game.

Kusunoki Kasuga was the best non-goddess girl.

Fixed that for you.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tenri is one of the worst TWGOK girls.

If Diana was the main personality, she would be much more likable.
Irreconcilable differences

I want a divorce

Tenri > Elsie >>>>>>>>> everyone else

Wish there could be a second female strawhat already.
she'd never do anything, just like all female characters in one piece

edit: oh wait robin and nami are straw hats. I blocked nami's existence from my mind I guess

Dresden

Haqua is still queen. She got the master scythe and I haven't read since that point so she basically won in my headcanonverse.

You mean best.

Irreconcilable differences

I want a divorce

Tenri > Elsie >>>>>>>>> everyone else

she'd never do anything, just like all female characters in one piece

Yotsuba_Says_NO_by_Pardner.jpg

scy

Nisekoi 113 - So Ruri is rich (because duh) and I'm surprised it didn't end up being an opportunity for Shuu. I mean, he's still in the chapter so I guess the chance is still there and...

...wait, IS THIS THE CHANCE FOR RURI TO BE A KEYBLADE WIELDER?!

Nisekoi 113 - So Ruri is rich (because duh) and I'm surprised it didn't end up being an opportunity for Shuu. I mean, he's still in the chapter so I guess the chance is still there and...

...wait, IS THIS THE CHANCE FOR RURI TO BE A KEYBLADE WIELDER?!

No stop, this will rock the waifu charts.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The best part of Seven Deadly Sins is that the characters have noses.

Nisekoi

I can't believe he didn't use the opportunity to slip some Shuu-Ruri ship tease in there. Doens't he get tired of making Raku in stupid situations all the time?

Angry Grimace

It's the perfect opportunity for it too ... and I bet it'll find a way to squander it.

At least we finally reached some kind of small arc that has the potential to be interesting instead of dull as fuck since Shuu and Ruri are capable of doing something other than blowing their loads over Raku.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, he already kind of teased that pairing. Ruri says she doesn't like Shuu because he reminds her of her great-grandpa, and everyone knows you date someone similar to the father figure in your life if you're a girl, right??
lol

kasane

I mean, he already kind of teased that pairing. Ruri says she doesn't like Shuu because he reminds her of her great-grandpa, and everyone knows you date someone similar to the father figure in your life if you're a girl, right??
lol

if you had daddy issues then you're most likely to date older men

This is not entirely true so dont kill me pls :X

scy

At least we finally reached some kind of small arc that has the potential to be interesting instead of dull as fuck since Shuu and Ruri are capable of doing something other than blowing their loads over Raku.

I'm waiting for this to somehow have more developments than a few of the last chapters.

lol

well duh

Angry Grimace

so the tsundere twin tails then

Mio was back when Wakaki was making parodies so she's just a straight up tsundere ojou with little additional characterization. I can see why she didn't get brought back.

if you had daddy issues then you're most likely to date older men

This is not entirely true so dont kill me pls :X

Sure, if your name is Asuna Kagurazaka.

Bleach 571

Entertaining chapter solely for Yachiru.

Please don't nerf her.

One Piece 740

Robin x Usopp tagteam foiled.

Only Sogeking can make things better.

Chihiro is obviously the best girl. She's the only one that didn't need supernatural bullshit to develop feelings for him and she actually acted like a normal person instead of becoming a generic harem member like the rest of the goddesses (none of which are going to win by the way).

At least until this arc when she'll totally fall for him in middle-school because a person just having regular feelings for someone else for unexplainable reasons is impossible in my japanese cartoons.

Angry Grimace

Chihiro is obviously the best girl. She's the only one that didn't need supernatural bullshit to develop feelings for him and she actually acted like a normal person instead of becoming a generic harem member like the rest of the goddesses (none of which are going to win by the way).

At least until this arc when she'll totally fall for him in middle-school because a person just having regular feelings for someone else for unexplainable reasons is impossible.

A lot of people like his actual personality, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom