• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Robotics;Notes - Revival Legacy 00-01

Basically, an alternative? look at the whole Robotics;Notes series but with the main character probably being the best character.

I guess? There is a good deal of focus on Fran so will probably be better than the actual thing?

Considered looking into it but I don't know Robotics;Notes enough to warrant it I think.

Oh i remember that

Is that the one with the tomboy who plays basketball?

Himitsu no Ai-chan? Yeah. Puts on a wig, deceives her rival, lolnevermindheknew, she keeps it up still because scared to act cute in public I guess.

Considered looking into it but I don't know Robotics;Notes enough to warrant it I think.

Well it's basically a retelling of sorts so not so much of tossing you into the middle of a story.

And Fran being I guess the heroine makes it probably better than the real thing.

scy

Guess I should do my read through too finally >>

Well it's basically a retelling of sorts so not so much of tossing you into the middle of a story.

And Fran being I guess the heroine makes it probably better than the real thing.

Well, I'd like to know the original story at least :x Though, I ... didn't know it got an anime until about 10 minutes ago. Hm.

That bad, though?

kasane

Here is the 3DS FC list if you need it.

Soma 1

O_O! This needs to become an anime asap!

Gonna spend all night catching up on it lol.

KXKbZ9p.png

K i should stop now i guess

That said i havent actually watched robotics notes so i dunno if she really is the best girl

Well if geneki girls are your thing than I guess not. It's hard to beat a fujoishi though.

Here is the 3DS FC list if you need it.

Oh there it was. I didn't want to spend all night digging through the thread for it.

Well, I'd like to know the original story at least :x Though, I ... didn't know it got an anime until about 10 minutes ago. Hm.

That bad, though?

The anime is kinda unfocused though I heard that was part of the game's problem or whatever.

The real heroine is just your average geneki girl, not terrible, just not exciting.

upandaway

Nisekoi

Well I'm guessing she's either fooling her or he'll end up pulling through it. I will be pretty upset if she gets added to Raku's harem instead of the Shuu route.

Fran was a better character.

Her character arc and main focus was pretty boring.

She wasn't genki all the time.
T-that's not.. I.. huh? What? What are you talking about? Is this real?

Btw, my 3DS is saying your friend code is invalid.

I could just blame Nintendo for that.

Fran was a better character.

Her character arc and main focus was pretty boring.

She wasn't genki all the time.

Thanks! Fixed it. One of the numbers was a 4 instead of a 7. SCREW YOU NINTENDO! Seriously get your friend system to the modern age please.

Used this crap from DS to Wii to 3DS. >.>

Kasane I added you while I was at it. :)

Soma 2

Met Ojou-sama. Interesting ability she has lol. Can't wait to read more.

Favorite shonen manga characters for the last 5 years:

Soma (Shokugeki No Soma)
Kumagawa (Medaka Box)
Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
Tsurara (Nurahiyon No Mago)
Momiji (Binbō-gami ga!)

Ookiku Furikabutte Vol.09

It's always interesting that we are getting focus on the other teams instead of just the main ones. Even more interesting when they are conspiring against our main character as well!

We also have our next game start and it's pretty ambitious to try and get the game called.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Mata ne.
His tears were freaky looking. It was sad, but I feel the story could've been told more effectively. I like the concept of communicating the story without words, but I think the way it was presented didn't make it as sad as it should've been. Maybe more dynamic panels or something would've helped.

dumbyugi

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hita Hita
Sasurai Emanon

Already reading Hita Hita. Will give Sasurai Emanon a shot.

Most recent one I really liked is uwagaki. Romance with good humour and a fun setting.

Uwagaki has been on my to read list for a while now so I might as well read it tonight.

Tadashii Kodomo no Tsukurikata!

I'll choose something dumb and silly

Another series I've been meaning to start. Will check it out tonight sometime.

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko

Knowing this was cancelled puts me off a little. I'll still check it out but maybe not right now.

Honey & Honey

Another one I've been meaning to get to. Will read.

Witch Craft Works 28

Well then, I guess we get the fallout of that super long arc and it's pretty interesting Takamiya basically got a power upgrade, lol.

And then Touko was basically used as a living projectile and it was amusing.

wonzo

Banned
Stretch 10

I wonder if the rest of the chapters will be as long as this one was or if it's only for the non stretching ones.

Magi 216

This new girl (Shiba) is so moe so she's the one most likely to be Aladdin's mother.

Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru 4

Dueling tsundere's.

Ousama Game 20

Wow, and just like that, the main character is dead without much fanfare. That takes balls to do right in the middle of the story.

These last few chapters have been damn brutal.

Edit: Ousama Game 22

Ah, well never mind then >_>

dumbyugi

Sasurai Emanon

Beautiful would be the word to describe this. The first story was especially good looking in full colour. The first story was a nice introduction to the character of Emanon and was a nice light read. The second story is about Emanon meeting her twin brother for the first time since she abandoned him when they were kids. It's a pretty tragic story that makes you feel bad for both Emanon and her brother. The third story only has 2 chapters scanned and is about Emanon having amnesia. Not much to say about it yet, I wonder why she's lost her memories though. So far this is a 10/10 based on the art alone, but the stories have been pretty intersting so far as well. I hope it keeps gettting scanned. I was going to post one of the colour pages but almost every one of them is NSFW.

Lain

Oricon Comic Rankings February 24th - March 2nd

01. Ore Monogatari!! #5 (196,102)
02. Hyakushou Kizoku #3 (173,425)
03. Terra Formars #8 (112,488 / 412,435)
04. Hoozuki no Reitetsu #13 (108,823 / 241,674)
05. Toaru Majutsu no Index #13 (68,955 / 103,984)
06. Switch Girl!! #25 (63,719)
07. I Am A Hero #14 (62,222)
08. Nijiiro Days #5 (58,987)
09. Sora no Otoshimono #19 (58,460 / 84,872)
10. Vinland Saga #14 (57,116 / 133,130)
11. Kantai Collection -Kankore- Comic à La Carte Maizuru Chinjufu-hen #3 (50,053)
12. Himitsu no Ai-chan #12 (48,860)
13. Joou no Hana #9 (46,545)
14. Mahou-jin Guru Guru 2 #2 (45,457 / 69,333)
15. Nanatsu no Taizai #7 (44,640 / 225,047)
16. Sukitte Iinayo。#12 (43,971 / 258,133)
17. Dengeki Daisy #16 (42,578)
18. Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt #3 (42,349)
19. Kuu Neru Futari Sumu Futari #3 (36,845 / 91,933)
20. A Channel #5 (35,070)
21. Noragami #10 (34,216 / 153,491)
22. Peace Maker #12 (31,155 / 109,695)
23. Flat #8 (30,836 / 140,791)
24. Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt Limited Edition #3 (30,339)
25. Hajime no Ippo #106 (30,263 / 137,861)
26. Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi #55 (28,448 / 113,727)
27. Kidou Senshi Z Gundam Define #7 (27,930)
28. Sword Art Online Progressive #1 (27,899)
29. L♥DK #14 (27,813 / 150,386)
30. Haigakura #7 (27,717)

I started reading Joou no Hana just yesterday as I got the first volume and I found it to be quite good. Is 46k good for its usual sales?

neoanarch

Sasurai Emanon

Beautiful would be the word to describe this. The first story was especially good looking in full colour. The first story was a nice introduction to the character of Emanon and was a nice light read. The second story is about Emanon meeting her twin brother for the first time since she abandoned him when they were kids. It's a pretty tragic story that makes you feel bad for both Emanon and her brother. The third story only has 2 chapters scanned and is about Emanon having amnesia. Not much to say about it yet, I wonder why she's lost her memories though. So far this is a 10/10 based on the art alone, but the stories have been pretty intersting so far as well. I hope it keeps gettting scanned. I was going to post one of the colour pages but almost every one of them is NSFW.

I forgot there is a chapter called Omoide Emanon. Its labeled a prequel or Sasurai is labeled the sequel. Either way there isn't much continuity between them, but it is an absolutely beautiful little story that should be read. Kenji Tsuruta is an amazing mangaka and I love everything he has ever done.

export

Damn, nearly got this down to a science.

Nisekoi 113 - So Ruri is rich (because duh) and I'm surprised it didn't end up being an opportunity for Shuu. I mean, he's still in the chapter so I guess the chance is still there and...

...wait, IS THIS THE CHANCE FOR RURI TO BE A KEYBLADE WIELDER?!
I'm at work right now and can't check the chapter, but if you're getting my hopes up for nothing I'll insert the largest key I can find into you. And I have some pretty big keys.

dumbyugi

Uwagaki 1-12

Way better than I was expecting. The characters are all fun and the story isn't too dramatic. The art isn't fantastic but it's not bad. Going by these 12 chapters there's really only 2 ways this could end. The 1st way is that the 2 girls stay seperated and the 2nd is that they fuse back together and Ajio wins. I think it'll be the first way but the 2nd way would be fine with me as well. Also Sensei & Goat are the best team.

I was going to read more manga tonight but I'm pretty sick and need sleep so I'll read the other suggestions tomorrow.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I do love how well the author uses the panelling to create dynamism. Which makes sense seeing that he mainly does hentai it seems.

dramatis

If it makes you feel better, I think my total post count across topics 1-current is in the 6 or 7 thousand.

Topics end at 20K now. OT1 had ~48,000 posts. I had something like 2,850 in that thread, and probably averaged about 750 in every one after that. I don't even know where the threads are at this point to verify.
You underestimate yourself:

Akito

I started reading Joou no Hana just yesterday as I got the first volume and I found it to be quite good. Is 46k good for its usual sales?
Seems par for the course but those numbers are quite ok for a shoujo series I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom