• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really? Soma is so stereotypically idiotic that I don't think it'll be any different from other shounen's with slight romance.

Soma 61

The final pages ruined an otherwise mighty fine chapter. I hate when writers try to thrust a forced and uninteresting romance in a series that it doesnt belong in. Its a massive turn off. The writing is typically focused. Hopefully its not a sign of things to come.

Gundam kid is the best!

upandaway

Read about 20 pages of the Titans chapter and I understood precisely 0% of it. It's like reading the chapter where all the text bubbles are blank.

LeleSocho

Banned
Sure took their time!

Oh Yes, can't wait!

Shokugeki no Soma 61

rONAkpk.png

The look of a good mother and of a good wife.

Kenichi 560

Moar Chikage pls.

5olQ93O.png

Shokugeki no Soma 61

Such a stud.

Family man Soma winning over Erina jr.

Nice little test before the real thing.

Last page was just sad to see.

Really didn't want Megumi to join Nikumi and childhood friend in the heartbreak club.

Dynedom

Breaker: New Waves

Kang Sung is boss but chapter needed more Seira.

God of High School

RIP Faux Monkey King? Is this series already approaching end game?

Tower of God

Gah, stop drawing this out. Reflejo isn't even big game.

Bleach seems to be losing ground in the last seasons Top 25 Manga Properties in America (Fall+Holidays 2013) while Magi makes an appearance.

1. Attack on Titan
2. Naruto
3. Sailor Moon
4. Black Butler
5. Alice in the Country of Hearts
6. Fairy Tail
7. Soul Eater
8. One Piece
9. Death Note
10. Maximum Ride
11. Yu-Gi-Oh!
12. BLue Exorcist
13. Full Metal Alchemist
14. Bleach
15. Rosario + Vampire
16. Pandora Hearts
17. Vampire Knight
18. Black Bird
19. Godoka Magica
20. Dance of the Vampire Bund
21. Dragon Ball/DBZ
22. Demon Love Spell
23. Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
24. Loveless
25. Pokemon
Note: Includes all channels (retailers, distrubuters, manufacturers)

Heysoos

Aku No Hana 55 Raw

So, this is ending soon right?

It seems Kasuga was able to grow up and get over his demons.

And YAY Tokiwa! Bad haircut though.
<3

bigkrev

Bleach seems to be losing ground in the last seasons Top 25 Manga Properties in America (Fall+Holidays 2013) while Magi makes an appearance.

1. Attack on Titan
2. Naruto
3. Sailor Moon
4. Black Butler
5. Alice in the Country of Hearts
6. Fairy Tail
7. Soul Eater
8. One Piece
9. Death Note
10. Maximum Ride
11. Yu-Gi-Oh!
12. BLue Exorcist
13. Full Metal Alchemist
14. Bleach
15. Rosario + Vampire
16. Pandora Hearts
17. Vampire Knight
18. Black Bird
19. Godoka Magica
20. Dance of the Vampire Bund
21. Dragon Ball/DBZ
22. Demon Love Spell
23. Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
24. Loveless
25. Pokemon
Note: Includes all channels (retailers, distrubuters, manufacturers)

I thought One Piece was way lower than that actually. Shocked it outsold Deathnote

survivor

Banned
So Japanese Amazon posted a list of best 100 manga to read. You can use the 5 tabs to switch between shounen, seinen, shoujo/josei, 4koma, and essay/other categories.

Anyway, the shounen list is mostly filled with crap and some odd choices like TLRD which I have no idea why anyone would promote that filth. Shoujo category on the other hand is way too lacking. Either speaks volume about the lack of quality in general or whoever made the list isn't too familiar with it. At least there is some good classic stuff like Heart of Thomas and Glass Mask.

The seinen list however is a hipster paradise.
The Yellow Book
Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms
Getenrou
Koukoku no Shugosha
Historie
Kodoku no Gourmet
March Comes in Like a Lion

Plus few other titles I don't recognize it.

I don't know why a 4koma category even exists. As for the essay/other category, I only read one chapter of one of the titles, Disappearance Diary, and the rest well, no translations at all. Although I should get my hands on Insufficient Direction pretty soon.

AOT 55

Shit is getting real here. Love the way Erwin/Elvin orchestrates his men and his motivations being revealed was also nice.

BRING DOWN THE CAPITOL.

Akito

So Japanese Amazon posted a list of best 100 manga to read. You can use the 5 tabs to switch between shounen, seinen, shoujo/josei, 4koma, and essay/other categories.

Anyway, the shounen list is mostly filled with crap and some odd choices like TLRD which I have no idea why anyone would promote that filth. Shoujo category on the other hand is way too lacking. Either speaks volume about the lack of quality in general or whoever made the list isn't too familiar with it. At least there is some good classic stuff like Heart of Thomas and Glass Mask.

The seinen list however is a hipster paradise.
The Yellow Book
Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms
Getenrou
Koukoku no Shugosha
Historie
Kodoku no Gourmet
March Comes in Like a Lion

Plus few other titles I don't recognize it.

I don't know why a 4koma category even exists. As for the essay/other category, I only read one chapter of one of the titles, Disappearance Diary, and the rest well, no translations at all. Although I should get my hands on Insufficient Direction pretty soon.
The seinen list is also somehow as long as all the others combined, I guess it's was not a woman who came up with this list. Still, plenty of quality titles there, you can't always be filth-free.

scy

As someone just now reading through it, I can get behind that.

It has the initial setup for Erina route and it damn well better stick with it.

Tadokoro is adorable and they do a really good job with her character...

...enough to set her up as the perfect runner-up along with Alice and Nikumi as Erina beats everyone.

And thus it was decreed. The tsundere shall be victorious.

upandaway

Peephole 6-7

I'm loving this more and more with every page. Everything about this, man. The best peephole.

retcon: glass-man what :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom