• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

That's it, I'm done with manga, or books in general, my shelf just broke down on me, again *sigh*

iblRlt1Tqtf6me.jpg

Korosenai

So I was reading One Piece Volume 41 this morning before school, because I really like Robin's backstory and what not, and came upon this panel regarding the Poneglyph's:

Thinking about it now, that "enormous kingdom" is totally going to be Raftel. According to the One Piece wiki regarding the poneglyph on Ohara: "Located in Ohara, this poneglyph included information about the Void Century, including the name of the lost civilization, though it has yet to be said what the name is". The fact that we don't know its name yet either kind of gives more evidence for it that it will be Raftel (in my opinion), when and if Robin finally tells what its name is (if she even knows its name, though she was spying on them when they were researching it so i'm sure she does).

survivor

Banned
Copernicus no Kokyuu vol 1-2 End
This was pretty good. Very unique art style with non-standard paneling composition. Sorta similar to the way some shoujo manga do it, except there is solid foundation of characters design and visual creativity backing it instead of the usual flowers fluff in shoujo. Minor writing issues aside, the story tackled its themes pretty adequately with the right amount of angst and suffering.

So I was reading One Piece Volume 41 this morning before school, because I really like Robin's backstory and what not, and came upon this panel regarding the Poneglyph's:

Thinking about it now, that "enormous kingdom" is totally going to be Raftel. According to the One Piece wiki regarding the poneglyph on Ohara: "Located in Ohara, this poneglyph included information about the Void Century, including the name of the lost civilization, though it has yet to be said what the name is". The fact that we don't know its name yet either kind of gives more evidence for it that it will be Raftel (in my opinion), when and if Robin finally tells what its name is (if she even knows its name, though she was spying on them when they were researching it so i'm sure she does).

You're better off posting this in the one piece thread, the drak/scy show dominates discussion of manga gaf

scy

Sankarea 48 - Backstory and maybe getting to Chihiro's mom's death finally?! This isn't another bait, right?

You are discovering your true self.

Reach out to the truth?

You'll see man.

The way the protagonists being baited out from their current predicament is so ****ing epic it sent shivers down my spine when I first saw it. *Still* send shivers down my spine.

Haha, I think I know what you're referring to here. Kingdom never fails to deliver :x

Senyuu 3 02

Lr3Rm5vl.jpg

RIPPPPPPP new hero

Senyuu 3 03

FRIPZ8vl.jpg

Whatever it is, it can't be good coming from you.

Senyuu 3 04

Gvd7HTjl.jpg

Back to being a loli

Senyuu 3 05-07

x5d33MNl.jpg

The look of a dependable adult.

Senyuu 3 08

ZdDbMkol.jpg

It's hard not to swoon.

Senyuu 3 09

RocnSOwl.jpg

So dependable!

survivor

Banned
Going through Dance till Tomorrow and it's absurdly funny. The setup of the story really reminds me of another manga, but I can't remember which one. I just know I read another story about a girl who mysteriously pops in and out of some guy's life. It's also pretty exciting to read something from Naoki Yamamoto that isn't over the top negative or painful to read through. It is however pretty damn perverted which seems on par with his usual writing style.

Solune

That's it, I'm done with manga, or books in general, my shelf just broke down on me, again *sigh*
Valkyrie Profile!! <3
Do I spot Kimi ni Todoke? Akito why

punpun covers ;_;
KnT is good man.
To be fair, he hasen't encountered Marika or Haru yet, who are clearly behind Chitoge

Look, all girls in Nisekoi are better than Chitoge. Including Onodera's mom and Chitoge's mom.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 61

dat tadokoro blush face

Throw one more into the harem, I guess. Yukihira Souma's current harem: Megumi Tadokoro, Mayumi Kurase, Mito Ikumi. And Takumi in DTL Fantasy Land&#8482;.

Renai&#9734;SLG 01

Average guy meets a mysterious heroine from space as she asks her to save him from the ones chasing her. And then it turns out to be all one big scam by her to get to freeload in his house.

Well, amusing once the twist hit in the first chapter. It was kinda average before hand but I guess I'm willing to keep reading to see where this twist goes.

wonzo

Banned
wahjah moe 55 & mojo notes

55 was the usual nonsense, though it does feel like she's slowly being able to talk to people much more openly and confidently than before. The mojo notes were bonuses included with the anime discs all of which are based on "what-ifs?".

Kingdom 337-338

Ryuusen lives. ;_;7

Stretch 11

They both just need to stretch all their troubles away!

Lain

Twitter is gonna be the end of me, now that I can stalk (almost) all my preferred H artists. Managed to find Shindol, Minazuki Juuzo and Inomaru. Now if only I could find Murasaki Syu and Suehirogari.

Oh come on, he's Soma. Of course girls fall for him. And guys.

And it looks like that little girl might be Erica's sister/cousin. Has quite the same design.

wonzo

Banned
Hantsu x Trash 34

noah.png
SHE NEVER SHOULD'VE LEFT. THAT TRAINEE
lawd.png

now he just needs to get it in there the dumb fuck

ShokuSoma 61

This was a nice and much needed little break from the tournament arc. rip niku

New Waves 151

Of all the cool old dudes to die first. rip ;_;7

Tetsuwan Girl: Other M 86

tetsuwangirl86.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, whatever, I have no stake in the soma shipping wars.

Best woman is Hinako and she ain't going anywhere near soma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom