• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
what if no one wins

what then
No one wins ship is the best ship.

post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43497494#post43497494

8UHl5aT.jpg
Wonderful, thanks.

scy

Soma 35 - It's been a long time since I felt this much sorrow over a lost battle.

Kurase, you stand no chance. I am sorry.

So Japanese Amazon posted a list of best 100 manga to read. You can use the 5 tabs to switch between shounen, seinen, shoujo/josei, 4koma, and essay/other categories.

Anyway, the shounen list is mostly filled with crap and some odd choices like TLRD which I have no idea why anyone would promote that filth. Shoujo category on the other hand is way too lacking. Either speaks volume about the lack of quality in general or whoever made the list isn't too familiar with it. At least there is some good classic stuff like Heart of Thomas and Glass Mask.

The seinen list however is a hipster paradise.
The Yellow Book
Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms
Getenrou
Koukoku no Shugosha
Historie
Kodoku no Gourmet
March Comes in Like a Lion

Plus few other titles I don't recognize it.

I don't know why a 4koma category even exists. As for the essay/other category, I only read one chapter of one of the titles, Disappearance Diary, and the rest well, no translations at all. Although I should get my hands on Insufficient Direction pretty soon.

I hope what did you eat yesterday is really good.

Assassination Classroom already being up there and Kurobas as well, I guess its sales based list then?

upandaway

Note: Do no try this at home.
I'll be honest, I don't really see why you guys scared me about it, I think Peephole is fine. More than fine even. Practically "tame" compared to other manga that get posted here every other page. Also I love it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
aw what, how did glass rebel get banned

Erina's just a plain tsudere with not much development to her yet, it'd be disappointing if she won

Soma 42
Tadokoro's first kiss was taken by an apple, nooooo

scy

Nah, Erina's winning.

Deep down, I always knew you and I were on the same side.

I'll be honest, I don't really see why you guys scared me about it, I think Peephole is fine. More than fine even. Practically "tame" compared to other manga that get posted here every other page. Also I love it.

I jumped to conclusions when kasane teased it :( It's just kind of neat and interesting. More funny than horror of any kind.

aw what, how did glass rebel get banned

Erina's just a plain tsudere with not much development to her yet, it'd be disappointing if she won

I like the Erina angle better as it matches what his father said at the start. But, yeah, she needs more real time as an actual part of the cast.

scy

Making me tempted to read it now...Maybe.

I think I'm reading enough MangaBox titles as it is.

it's really good

It, Hatsukoi Shinjuu (First Love Suicide Pact), and Ningen Deshita (I Was Human) are the three titles there I really care about. Didn't know those last two were MangaBox titles so now I know where to get my updates on them.

happiness.

Where's my new Karin

Where's my new Horimiya

someone pls I need them

Welcome to manga suffering

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I like the Erina angle better as it matches what his father said at the start. But, yeah, she needs more real time as an actual part of the cast.
Wait, the thing he said about just wanting to give all the food you make to the woman you love? How?

it's really good

It, Hatsukoi Shinjuu (First Love Suicide Pact), and Ningen Deshita (I Was Human) are the three titles there I really care about. Didn't know those last two were MangaBox titles so now I know where to get my updates on them.

happiness.

No, stop, I'm already reading 75% of what they have.

And I don't really want to use my crappy phone to read through the backlog. :|

Assassination Classroom 80

Having a food chapter of assassination classroom in a magazine with two other series based on foods is not a wise decision. This one feels weak even when compared to Toriko for example.

Kayano could have had a better chapter.

scy

Wait, the thing he said about just wanting to give all the food you make to the woman you love? How?

So far the only of the girls he's had to serve food to directly~

Plus, her appearance was right after that, it's destiny~

Just riding on the cliches and tropes, don't mind don't mind

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SNS is just as much about Tadokoro at this point as it is Soma.. Hopefully they at least give her a beta dude to go after instead of just making her pine after Soma the whole time and just lose and be sad.

Also, was Isshiki playing shipper on deck there?

So far the only of the girls he's had to serve food to directly~

Plus, her appearance was right after that, it's destiny~

Just riding on the cliches and tropes, don't mind don't mind

Just wait to see which girl saw Soma first ever and we can maybe crown a winner.

Even more if they made a forgotten childhood promise, doki doki

scy

SNS is just as much about Tadokoro at this point as it is Soma.. Hopefully they at least give her a beta dude to go after instead of just making her pine after Soma the whole time and just lose and be sad.

Yeah, Tadokoro is basically shaping up as the primary female lead. Like, I can't be "angry" about it since I actually do enjoy her character so far and she's even gotten a good bit of developments going too.

I'm just partial to Erina because I'm a sucker for tsunderes, even if I have no real reason to.

Just wait to see which girl saw Soma first ever and we can maybe crown a winner.

Even more if they made a forgotten childhood promise, doki doki

OH BOY.

LeleSocho

Banned
I wouldn't mind Erina if they gave her more screentime and characterization.
Right now it has no more personality than the standard ojousama trope.

I wouldn't mind Erina if they gave her more screentime and characterization.
Right now it has no more personality than the standard ojousama trope.

That's probably why she's boring to me.

She hasn't really done anything besides being a tsundere ojousama.

She doesn't even have a OHOHOHOHOHOHO laugh for me to care about!

Fairy Tail 374 + Special
BiJhQExCUAAZzIu.png

Stings guild for best guild, that was a funny side story (and the panels with Gray clothes in one then all of sudden nearly none in the same conversation).

For the plot chapter, Natsu outfit was cool with the designs on it.

upandaway

Peephole 12

Every single reaction of his is great, of course he's special. This lady is a pretty much the most fitting second member of the harem I could possibly ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom