• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

brb deleting browser history.

You can delete your browser history, but your soul will be forever tainted.

Pandora Hearts volume 17
wCC.jpg

Well, the truth behind Oz is something I didn't expect (and I want more explanations about Oz still), but maybe I should have seen it coming. Volume 16 had the first twist about Jack and this volume expanded upon it and, well, truth be told despite everything, I can't blame Jack too much. I'm curious though what will Oz decide to do, Gilbert too, now that everything they knew has been turned upside down on them.

dumbyugi

The World God Only Knows 263

This chapter kind of explains all the problems I had with the recent chapters. Keima isn't opening the gaps he's setting it up so vintage does. The reason Tenri didn't say anything is likely because Keima told her not to. This was a good chapter.

Theonik

Only after learning about tweetdeck did I find out people could see a liveupdating list of everyone's activity. It's pretty cool to see what people like Mizuryu Kei are hitting favorite on and someone on here, I don't remember who, got me hooked on Yuka Kuramoti, a Japanese girl that posts pics of her ass. I didn't think I could fall in love with a butt.
Hmmm...

Junjou Drop 0-4 (END)

Short and sappy shoujo romcom about a generic FeMC and a scary-looking guy who's actually the nicest person in the world yada yada. Got a few laughs out of me in its zanier moments, otherwise it was pretty forgettable.
brb deleting browser history.
Kill it all you want, but it'll just grow back.

Vito

Banned
I just hope Crunchyroll ends up being a benefit to the print side of the US manga industry and not a hindrance, cause it sure as hell doesn't need that.

Marche90

TWGOK 263

Looks like we are finally going somewhere after all this time. I just hope that Wakaki doesn't blow it up again... *sigh* Nowadays I just read it for the ending, which considering the history of the author before TWGOK, is quite sad indeed.

Also, I want to see how the Unwanted Harem gets resolved, so I can't walk away just like that, haha

EDIT:

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

QR8zo5J.gif

Why the fuck did my curiosity got the better of me? Ugh.....

scy

TWGOK 263

Also, I want to see how the Unwanted Harem gets resolved, so I can't walk away just like that, haha

I have a feeling this is why most of us are still caring.

EDIT:

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

Why the fuck did my curiosity got the better of me? Ugh.....

Welcome to the club. It's like a rite of initiation.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Junjou Drop 0-4 (END)

Short and sappy shoujo romcom about a generic FeMC and a scary-looking guy who's actually the nicest person in the world yada yada. Got a few laughs out of me in its zanier moments, otherwise it was pretty forgettable.
I remember this, it was pretty cute. Then again, I'm a sucker for kindhearted delinquents. You should try out Atashi no Banbi if you want a similar kind of story with more zanier moments.

TWGOK 263
So hopefully we're getting out of the past now. I wonder what Keima's going to do once he gets back to the future and how he resolves everyone's feelings.

scy

I remember this, it was pretty cute. Then again, I'm a sucker for kindhearted delinquents.

My favorite shoujo trope. Which is weird in a way since it's basically just starting a story with a misunderstanding. Then again, it's starting a story with clearing up a misunderstanding so I guess that's part of it.

Jintor

i like anything with delinquents in it.

even toradora, which i watched only because it had a guy who everyone thought was a deliquent but wasn't really. best decision.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I still need to read Toradora, it sounds straight up my alley.

I like kindhearted delinquents and underdogs who struggle and eventually succeed. I like childhood friends too, but it's hard finding stories that do the trope justice.

scy

Someone else reading Rain? Awesome!

I should probably catch up. Last I remember was the fight in the valley so I guess chapter 24-ish?

I like kindhearted delinquents and underdogs who struggle and eventually succeed. I like childhood friends too, but it's hard finding stories that do the trope justice.

The anime was pretty good too. I may end up re-watching it at some point >>

YJLWdsE.jpg

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 2

Reminded me of that one hentai series where the guys balls were ripped off after three girls were playing around with him.

upandaway

Well first of all please watch Toradora.

Anyway yeah... um... childhood friends, huh.. that's tough. Taiyou no Ie is an easy one but after that I'm stumped. Childhood friends... childhood, you say...

Do sisters count as childhood friends?

I'm like half way through the anime. It's really good.
Well first of all please finish watching Toradora.

Any- oh wait that was your entire post. So you don't even have an excuse!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather read it because it'd be quicker that way than having to watch a whole season's worth of episodes, probably... But it all depends if I can get a hold of the light novels easily or not, might just have to suck it up and watch.

edit:

Anyway yeah... um... childhood friends, huh.. that's tough. Taiyou no Ie is an easy one but after that I'm stumped. Childhood friends... childhood, you say...

Do sisters count as childhood friends?
Nah, sisters don't count. Also incestual stories aren't my thing. I can stomach it if they're not blood-related but it's still kind of not enjoyable.

The only childhood friends manga I can think of off the top of my head that I've enjoyed are the Nisekoi oneshot and Last Game.

upandaway

I'd rather read it because it'd be quicker that way than having to watch a whole season's worth of episodes, probably... But it all depends if I can get a hold of the light novels easily or not, might just have to suck it up and watch.
The more time it takes, the more time out of your life that you'll be in a status of enjoying Toradora. This is just pure logic. Also the anime is pretty darn gosh good. I read the first ~10 chapters of the manga and it didn't have anything to justify no color or audio, even the art was kinda worse.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm like half way through the anime. It's really good.

I never actually read/watch Toradora yet :/

Eh, it's on my eternal backlog of things to watch so close enough!
Well first of all please watch Toradora immediately.

upandaway

Nah, sisters don't count. Also incestual stories aren't my thing. I can stomach it if they're not blood-related but it's still kind of not enjoyable.

The only childhood friends manga I can think of off the top of my head that I've enjoyed are the Nisekoi oneshot and Last Game.
Oh! I thought about something. I have one more besides Taiyou no Ie.

But first I have to ask something slightly controversial. Do dogs count?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The more time it takes, the more time out of your life that you'll be in a status of enjoying Toradora. This is just pure logic. Also the anime is pretty darn gosh good. I read the first ~10 chapters of the manga and it didn't have anything to justify no color or audio, even the art was kinda worse.
So that's a no to the light novels too? I usually like reading them because it has a little more detail and insight into the characters' thoughts.

Oh! I thought about something. I have one more besides Taiyou no Ie.

But first I have to ask something slightly controversial. Do dogs count?
If the dog turns into a human or something, it's alright.

upandaway

So that's a no to the light novels too? I usually like reading them because it has a little more detail and insight into the characters' thoughts.

If the dog turns into a human or something, it's alright.
The only LNs I've read are the first volume of SAO and whatever was translated of Campione a year ago. I liked them, but I think they definitely work better for supplementary reads after watching or reading the adaption, if the adaption is good. And that's the case with Toradora.

And yeah in Perowan the dog turns into a human.. sometimes. But it's a childhood friend by any definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom