• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Off-hand, I don't think all the Light Novels are available. I think they're maybe halfway through the story?

yeah I know...

to be fair it's all Scy's fault. He introduced me to this "manga" thing which has been taking most of my spare time

hey wait, I also told you to watch it

Edit: @childhood friends, I liked Allison to Lillia oh wait more animes.

Man, for all the jokes about how cliche they are, I'm having trouble remembering too many. Hm.

Illegal Rare 03

w2YihLv.png

I still enjoy the dialogue and how nonchalant the vampire is.

The action wasn't bad but wasn't sure how he got from the mansion to where the werewolf is but whatever I guess.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
watch it. manga is good but better with voice performance + music. don't know about light novels but idk.

Anime > Visual Novel >>>>>>> manga

The manga came way after the other two and is just a by the books adaptation of the visual novel (which came first).

Destroyed Century JOXER 2

Unfortunately the ending just left too much open, they should have gone for a bit of a longer chapter, but perhaps the one this week will get things moving. Barriers being on people is a bit of a good idea.

upandaway

Anime > Visual Novel >>>>>>> manga

The manga came way after the other two and is just a by the books adaptation of the visual novel (which came first).
Whoa, you made me realize that VN and LN actually do look kinda similar if I skid my eyes really fast. The L is just tilted.

that's still a silly mistake to make!

In A Heartbeat 14
tumblr_n2gfveg0gt1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Six pages of disappointment. Still this would be kind of awkward to go from discussing the deceased wife to discussion feelings of love now. I imagine Hide will say he needs some time to think things over.

TWGOK 263

Obvious harem solution: Chihiro achieves great victory. Or Tenri I guess. What a mess this has become.

also

I thought Toradora was dumb.

LeleSocho

Banned
Junjou Drop 0-4
Pretty good, it essentially is an episode of her life more than a story. I liked it.

--

Toradora's anime is pretty great everyone should watch it.
brb going to listen Pre-Parade.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The only LNs I've read are the first volume of SAO and whatever was translated of Campione a year ago. I liked them, but I think they definitely work better for supplementary reads after watching or reading the adaption, if the adaption is good. And that's the case with Toradora.

And yeah in Perowan the dog turns into a human.. sometimes. But it's a childhood friend by any definition.
Perowan has the harem tag, not sure if I'm in the mood to tolerate harem idiocy right now.

I dunno, I like trying out series in their original form if it's possible, but it might just be easier at this point to watch it. 25 episodes vs 10 volumes... I can probably do either one or the other in a day or two, depending how engrossed I get into it.

To Aru Majutsu no Index 63

I thought teleport girl won her match. The Railgun characters getting featured in this arc is just messing up with remembering what the hell is going on here.

upandaway

Holy crap Campione's LN is at volume 15 now, translated. What the hell? How did this happen? That's a lot of text. I'm totally doing that when I have the time.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 15

Moe is starting to invade all my mangas. Though I could easily imagine Shino's face while saying all of that. HIs development even with his goofy moments throughout these past fifteen chapters has gone well, and the final page of the chapter completely proves that. Im glad to have stuck with it for so long as its just not never failed to deliver week after week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK

Its Keima. The other half of that letter says, "if the hosts get mad, show them this part of the letter."

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The Strongest Legend
I don't understand why someone doesn't tell him straight out that he has bad BO

or why he doesn't wear deodorant or something

Hopefully we don't waste a bunch of time trying to get Keima back to the present. This last chapter gives me hope that it's possibly getting good again and I don't want that feeling to be ruined :(

Atelier Escha & Logy 01

Woo, a manga adaptation of the game I'm trying to get my useless PS3 to load!

The intro was kinda more interesting. Gave a little more development to the characters with what I assume will be the base fairy tale for the game and Logy's situation coming to a remote village.

Quasar

I just hope Crunchyroll ends up being a benefit to the print side of the US manga industry and not a hindrance, cause it sure as hell doesn't need that.

Seems like it already is given you have print publishers not publishing titles because they are on Crunchyroll first.

Lain

Seems to me CR has the proven model, the connections and the money to put forward, plus guaranteed "sales", all things manga license holders love, which makes it possible to offer legal titles in English that the normal print publishers can't.
I don't see it being an hindrance to the print world for the simple fact that without CR in the picture, you wouldn't see the titles you already don't see in print... in print. You'd simply continue to see them only illegally or not at all.

wonzo

Banned
Shoujo Manga

An excellent oneshot by Katou Shinkichi about a young girl living in a post apocalyptic trash heap coming across a Shoujo manga and learning the wonders of fanfic.

Murcielago 2

An assassin so pro she even hits on women that take her fancy whilst in the middle of some deep shit. DAMN

Zai x Ten 15

I hope the assassin finally gets one in that shithead. Poor magical girl. :(

Kingdom 342-343

Told ya so (kinda).

Don't feel like retaking the photo with the extra two volumes I got, maybe I'll just take another of the complete batch when I get the next package...

g4AAFm0.jpg
I want that ballet manga badly. Kinokuniya doesn't have it in stock though....

And how in yhe hell is Koe No Katachi not licensed yet? The mangaka said it only has three more volumes left. It fits these US companies criteria.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom