• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

Forgot to mention, Breaker NW is gonna be awesome in a bit if they have the grasshopper fight the teacher.

And is Toriko being fastracked or something? Its moving awfully fast, which would be awful if true because I like the humor and the shounen elements. Or did the author just choose to not focus too much on the year and a half Toriko spent in gourmet world, and we'll just get flashbacked to death later on when explaining what happened.

Hanabatake to Wakarebanashi 01-03

rATKC0ul.jpg

My god, this is too adorable for words.

A pair of childhood friends discovers their feelings for each other in the most adorable ways ever.

kasane

Forgot to mention, Breaker NW is gonna be awesome in a bit if they have the grasshopper fight the teacher.

And is Toriko being fastracked or something? Its moving awfully fast, which would be awful if true because I like the humor and the shounen elements. Or did the author just choose to not focus too much on the year and a half Toriko spent in gourmet world, and we'll just get flashbacked to death later on when explaining what happened.

lol you're delusional

it will forever be cliff hangers and then the author will do something to completely change the direction

Conan-san

Sword Art Online Progressive 8

Confused why one, who is trapped in this death game, would level up the sewing skill. Such a waste of time when she could have been putting that energy to advancing the front line.

It's downtime, you don't spend 24 hours in the trenches unless you absolutely must.

That said, Argo showing up is always a fun time.

bigkrev

Hanabatake to Wakarebanashi 01-03

rATKC0ul.jpg

My god, this is too adorable for words.

A pair of childhood friends discovers their feelings for each other in the most adorable ways ever.

Just assume I'm interested in stuff like this and DM or tweet me, ok?

This was really sweet

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, reading summaries for the TWGOK childhood arc is really confusing.

I think I might just reread it after it's finished. Just for old time's sake.

Stulaw

If anyone wins, it's going to be Elsie, who'll trun out to be the leader of Vintage and who's whole plan was to capture Keima's heart all along, this will all be explained in the sequel, Vintage: The World Devils Only Know.

Either Harem, Tenri or Chihiro Ending,

Jintor

Memories of Emanon 1-2

A short sci-fi story, told well and told beautifully, about a girl whose memory spans the entirety of human history... or not. Very much like a Japanese short novel, probably because it was one first.

neoanarch

Memories of Emanon 1-2

A short sci-fi story, told well and told beautifully, about a girl whose memory spans the entirety of human history... or not. Very much like a Japanese short novel, probably because it was one first.

The art is so good. Check out the artist other works if you haven't Hita Hita, Forget me Not, and Spirit of Wonder.

Jintor

unfortunately, i think this is my first food manga.

there was one I was thinking of reading before, but I never got around to it. The one about bread I think.

upandaway

D-Frag

Okay, there's Takao and Funabori, definitely. Right? I totally agree. But man... I just wanna say, stay with me on this, lemme just say something. Mizu, she's pretty good. The "best D-Frag" kind of pretty good. Y'know? That's just me here.

wonzo

Banned
D-Frag

Okay, there's Takao and Funabori, definitely. Right? I totally agree. But man... I just wanna say, stay with me on this, lemme just say something. Mizu, she's pretty good. The "best D-Frag" kind of pretty good. Y'know? That's just me here.
no thats takao

dumbyugi

unfortunately, i think this is my first food manga.

there was one I was thinking of reading before, but I never got around to it. The one about bread I think.

Yakitate!! Japan is the bread one and it's a fantastic series that's well worth reading.

Aizo

Banned
Was Lele banned for that post? What about that was against the rules? Seemed like the usual snarky GAF response to me. I appreciated it.
Damn, AKB49 and 7 Deadly Sins are really heating up. I want it all now. Someone build me a time machine so I can grab the volumes from the future.

If I do this for you, I want my tag to say "Misuses Time Travel," please.

Was Lele banned for that post? What about that was against the rules? Seemed like the usual snarky GAF response to me. I appreciated it.

If I do this for you, I want my tag to say "Misuses Time Travel," please.

They've been trying to crack down on drive by posting where you just make a sarcastic comment and bail without justifying it. Had there been another 1-2 lines saying something like "titanfall's only big deal is its budget, we've seen games with fast movement and games with mechs, the budget and microsofts effort of pushing it to be the next big thing is really the only exceptional thing about it" lele probably wouldn't have been banned. Heck even if the post was full on sarcastic like "only the budget is why its a big deal, it has nothing to do with the developer, the gameplay, the mechs, nope just the budget" that probably would have been okay too.

You can be positive, sarcastic, or negative you just have to put more effort into a post then "its great/shit" at least that's how I've always seen it

dramatis

I don't think TLRD is nearly as popular as SNS is. Its also not in regular old WSJ either, although regular TLR was.
Actually, TLRD's volume sales are substantially higher than TLR's, and right now still averages above Shokugeki's.

To an extent, I think series that run in WSJ that have a decent amount of popularity in the beginning undergo a lot of editor and marketing push in an attempt to manufacture more hype and popularity, and increase the exposure of the series. This happened with Nisekoi. It also happened with Assassination Classroom when that series became a sudden breakout hit. So you might get the feeling that a series is really popular, but then its volume sales don't reflect the supposed massive popularity.

Well, as much as volume sales can tell us about popularity anyway.

Just assume I'm interested in stuff like this and DM or tweet me, ok?

This was really sweet

it was late ok?

Everyone wins!

There aren't enough harem series that utilize the "clone the protagonist!" solution.

or time share the protagonist off

Yakitate!! Japan is the bread one and it's a fantastic series that's well worth reading.

I agree. That was a fun series and the reactions were over the top fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom