• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Hyakushou Kizoku 1-2
iKkAAj00eiJmZ.jpg
Hiromu Arakawa's autobiographical manga, even more so than Silver Spoon so if you like that aspect of SS, this is for you.
Last update: 1004 days ago

scy

Looking for a Father 5 - So, I know it's the title and all but should I be expecting this to actually stay as just pseudo-father and daughter or is it going Usagi Drop route?

scy

Dousei Recipe 0-1 - Hair. That's the recurring gimmick. Alongside a lot of silly stuff that will mean they never do anything together because yakuza father interfering.

To be fair people are nicknaming it after other things!

Peephole is the name it has on Mangabox so that's probably why it's used over Ana Satsujin.

It shall be done. Also watch this space for about a dozen tomboy manga reviews and other things I've been saving up.

...oh dear.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
now im looking for a tomboy with a boyfriend manga

sounds weird but yeah
Yandere Kanojo
Oresama Teacher (no boyfriend)
Warau Kanoko-sama (no boyfriend but has a love interest)
Koi Dano Ai Dano (sequel to the one above)
SKET Dance (no boyfriend because Bossun sucks)
Otomen (hardly any romance tho)
Himitsu no Ai-chan (lol)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats on reaching membership btw thesaucetastic.

Or am I remembering wrong...?
Oh thanks! I reached it a while ago, I think my first post in this OT was my 300th.

It's kind of weird that I doubled my post count since then thanks to this OT alone tho.

edit: So yeah, Aizo is right, it has been a month. Time flies, I guess!

Yandere Kanojo
Himitsu no Ai-chan (lol)

There could be some kind of romance for SKET Dance since they definitely been hinting at it. And since there's actually an ending for it, who knows maybe they do get together.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
There could be some kind of romance for SKET Dance since they definitely been hinting at it. And since there's actually an ending for it, who knows maybe they do get together.
Well I spoiled myself on the romance ending a while ago.
Himeko tries to confess near graduation because she thought she wouldn't get to be with Bossun anymore, but then Bossun says they'd be going same college, so she postpones it. D:

kasane

Yandere Kanojo
Himitsu no Ai-chan (lol)

lol read it
lol read it
lol read it
lol read it
lol read it

:(

Himeko tries to confess near graduation because she thought she wouldn't get to be with Bossun anymore, but then Bossun says they'd be going same college, so she postpones it. D:

wwwwwwwww

You know what, she has the feelings so close enough for me!

upandaway

Magi

Unsurprising developments, but it did surprise me that their technology is that far ahead.

Starting to think more and more that Sheba isn't Y'know Who. Also starting to think her death will be a trigger of some sort in the endgame if that's true.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, I didn't read the real ending's spoilers until just now. There's more.
She actually does confess because he goes overseas for some reason, and Bossun says "I like you too! And Switch! And Captain! And everyone!" fuckkkkkkkkkkk him/

scy

Tomboys with boyfriends is one of the cutest things imaginable so I can't blame you nor would I ever call it weird.

It's a really enjoyable thing if only for the reactions they tend to have.

Actually, I didn't read the real ending's spoilers until just now. There's more.
She actually does confess because he goes overseas for some reason, and Bossun says "I like you too! And Switch! And Captain! And everyone!" fuckkkkkkkkkkk him/

Hm. Well, okay. In that case,
dfkjhfksjhsfkjhkfsjhkfsjhkshijksfjkhs really, lack of closure why

scy

secret best. I'm sure Nozaki-kun's popularity will explode when the anime starts hopefully.

Seo-sama shall grace us with her presence. It will be glorious.

Also space and time-transcending raccoon Ponsuke.

Well it's exactly why it's one of the cutest things after all! That out of their comfort zone feel is priceless.

Precisely! Oh man, now I know what today's theme will be.
doing nothing, finding stuff sounds like work

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know how I feel about translating the sound effects. Its not that I mind it, really, it just seems like a lot of extra redrawing work when you could just put a T/N at the bottom.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
*Steam steam steam*

Viz cutting a deal with Valve confirmed.

Incoming Half Life 3
manga.

I don't know how I feel about translating the sound effects. Its not that I mind it, really, it just seems like a lot of extra redrawing work when you could just put a T/N at the bottom.

Always thought it was weird why they even bother with it. Definitely feels like an extra waste of effort that most people don't even notice or care about.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Always thought it was weird why they even bother with it. Definitely feels like an extra waste of effort that most people don't even notice or care about.

One thing I didn't think of though, is the fact that Viz isn't actually "cleaning" anything. They just have access to the author's original art before any of the text or sound effects are put on the page.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've always preferred glorious nihongo sound effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom