• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Oh yeah, Takao is basically best girl. I still wish Tama (especially with her hair down) was around more often though.

and I still want to see the childhood friend

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Sauce avatars might be not safe depending on what kind of sauces we're looking at
lewd

(it doesn't even have to be of sauce at this point, just tired of my plain one)

Ou-sama Game - Kigen 1
I don't get it. How does the "king" know that they haven't touched a corpse. And I thought cousin incest wasn't looked down in Japan

Oft7KMW.jpg

Dragons Rioting 17

Oy.

Don't say bad things about best girl after she accepted your disease and is the only one you've ever held hands with.

Vito

Banned
Holy shit, newsmangajapon is reporting Ah! My Goddess is ending in June's issue of good!Afternoon (on sale 25/4), there will also be an important announcement. The series is ending with volume 48 which will also have limited edition (artbook, cd drama, box, etc.).

Kenji Tsuruta's Bouken Erekitetou (Wandering Island) is also returning in June's issue and Daisuke Igarashi is doing a oneshot called Umwelt in it. No confirmation pics apart from a blurry shot of the cover feat. Knights of Sidonia.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Holy shit, newsmangajapon is reporting Ah! My Goddess is ending in June's issue of good!Afternoon (on sale 25/4), there will also be an important announcement. The series is ending with volume 48 which will also have limited edition (artbook, cd drama, box, etc.).

Well, they are getting married. Perfect time to end the series.

Odds are the announcement is a relaunch though. "Now that they're married we're changing the name of the series!" Or something like that.

Kinda surprised Ah! My Goddess is ending.

Here I thought it would go on forever. :x

Actually looking forward to seeing how it ends too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches 102

Sid is a new character type for her to try, I like him, hes no Kurosaki but he could be just as fun, if hes rounded up for the council or club too.

They're just rip offs of Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen.

Well, they are getting married. Perfect time to end the series.

Odds are the announcement is a relaunch though. "Now that they're married we're changing the name of the series!" Or something like that.

Maybe they'll do a fourth anime season. They did actually have a relatively long arc there at the end.

Dr. Kishiwada's Scientific Affection 1

M7rnWqJ.jpg

90s comedy series about a brilliant yet deranged scientist and his creative exploits. Effectively a collection of short bursts of craziness, ranging from mecha machinations to lectures about the internal organs of tomatoes. Genuinely funny with some excellent art, particularly in the facial expressions. It all looked very promising, but unfortunately my hype took a nosedive when I realised there're just 5 chapters out and, uh, it hasn't been updated for
nearly 5 years.

scy

So I saw an update to Wolfsmund so I went to re-read since I forgot what happened.

I regret that decision.

They all die

scy

Koe no Katachi 30 - He tried pretty well here. I hope that effort continues.

RIP Grandmother. I'm sorry I noticed your death flags.

Wagatsuma 84 - Someone remind me the point of this arc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They're just rip offs of Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen.

Maybe they'll do a fourth anime season. They did actually have a relatively long arc there at the end.

That would make sense, the last arc always did feel like a final one. They could easily get 3-5 episodes out of it. I'd actually like to see that, I always sort of liked the series. Yea it's loser guy wish fulfillment, but it's good to see a nice dude do well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Being conceived is a Death Flag. All men must die.

That'll be pretty nice. Or maybe a movie just to wrap it up.

It is your basic romantic comedy that goes nowhere for a while, but I like the characters enough that I should I catch up someday.

Jintor

I was listening to a This American Life episode about general support life on a US Aircraft Carrier the other day and I started thinking about Space Battleship Yamato and then I started thinking about a slice of life/drama series set aboard just one space battleship in a big fleet or something and what that kind of life would be like for support staff and whatever.

Basically it's like that Star Wars Death Star novel which was like "And this was life for the main gunner on the Death Star! And this was life for the guy who ran the cafeteria!" etc etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Except those who will eventually turn into perverted old immortal masters

In time, they too die in order to give our plucky protagonist that much needed push to action.
Basically it's like that Star Wars Death Star novel which was like "And this was life for the main gunner on the Death Star! And this was life for the guy who ran the cafeteria!" etc etc.

What you're really saying is, K-ON meets Star Wars?

Wagatsuma 84 - Someone remind me the point of this arc.

Yeah, I don't like it much, but this chapter was actually pretty funny. I guess it's for Fujiq. While the DX club members can be funny, I don't mind if we don't get back stories for these guys.

UQ Holder 27

Tota kicking and such is good. I did like how the other guy was just explaining thing to him even though he was planning to capture him.

The scene with the mech soldiers felt like something out of a video game.

wonzo

Banned
Hajimete no Oshimai

A Konchiki short about a teenager who is obsessed about the older girl that sexually abused him as a kid that ends up being confronted by her, "healing" ensures!

Kasukabe-kun another 00

A stern looking salaryman and a quiet looking office lady somehow get into an accident and have their bodies switched.

Pretty amusing. The girl is strangely eccentric and the guy is strangely moe after switching bodies.

scy

Yeah, I don't like it much, but this chapter was actually pretty funny. I guess it's for Fujiq. While the DX club members can be funny, I don't mind if we don't get back stories for these guys.

Sure but it feels weird to have this after the break-up. Just kind of seems like it snuck in awkwardly here timing-wise.

It's ending? Wow. I think I will pick up all the volumes now.

Now I need to remember what's happened.

...hahahahaha.

Ayu is with the the Student Council?

Would drop out immediately.

You can't hide.

She knows.

kewlmyc

Yamada-kun 101-102:
What a nice end to the arc. I wonder if Nancy is a witch as well. Not to pleased with their designs though.

Magi latest:
Wow, Solomon doesn't fuck around. Also, suddenly spaceships.

Aizo

Banned
Marie no Kanaderu Ongaku/The Music of Marie
2 Vol.
Fantasy, Seinen
33799l.jpg

This was different than I had anticipated. I was honestly expecting a music series, but this was even more of a treat! The world is really fleshed out, mysterious, and interesting throughout the story. At the beginning, I was pretty lost, but I was enlightened by Marie. This was a really cool take on the utopian/dystopian post-apocalypse. It begs the question, "Are humans truly capable of peace without being controlled?"

This was another one of the recs I got when I was first posting here. I'm slowly making my way through them, so thanks to those who recommended this!

Charade

The Snow Princess by Mizutani Fuuka

A new one-shot by everyone's favorite super cute author. This one's about a cold girl with a fear of strangers "befriending" a new arrival in her acting troupe. The angst seemed forced, but I liked that the ending was a bit unconventional by Mizutani's standards. Though I wouldn't call this one super cute.

scy

The Snow Princess - It's cute. A bit different than the fluffy stuff but it's still cute in a kind of childish crush romance-y stuff.

There's always a kid falling in love with someone older, huh.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The Snow Princess by Mizutani Fuuka
A new one-shot by everyone's favorite super cute author. This one's about a cold girl with a fear of strangers "befriending" a new arrival in her acting troupe. The angst seemed forced, but I liked that the ending was a bit unconventional by Mizutani's standards. Though I wouldn't call this one super cute.
I dunno man, this was still pretty cute. But I agree the angst felt a bit forced.

Did Tsujita Ririko day turn into yuri day when I wasn't looking

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's been two years since Hunter x Hunter went on hiatus.

I think it's time to call it. *shuts its eyes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom