• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
MFKgX5v.jpg

UQ Holder! 27

Hey, old man.

Remember last time when I talked about not thinking things through over how bad of an idea it is to stay longer and capture Touta?

About that.

upandaway

It's been two years since Hunter x Hunter went on hiatus.

I think it's time to call it. *shuts its eyes*
There, there, there, there, there. Let's wait until the end of the anime, and then let's wait until the 40 months mark (which is October I think?). If it doesn't come back by then, well um, we'll keep waiting because there's nothing else we can do.

There, there, there, there, there. Let's wait until the end of the anime, and then let's wait until the 40 months mark (which is October I think?). If it doesn't come back by then, well um, we'll keep waiting because there's nothing else we can do.

We could just play a DQ game....oh wait.

Aizo

Banned
I was on the Western side of the main island of Japan last week for travel, and tonight I'll be traveling to the North for about a week. My original reason was to see a friend's graduation, so I figured I'd go Hokkaido while I'm at it. I don't really have plans besides that, so I'll be taking random trains and stopping wherever I feel like it on the way back home. I'll be traveling alone this time and it's going to be a pretty crazy journey, so wish me luck. I'll probably check in if I have wi-fi. If you don't hear from me in about a week, I've probably been mauled to death by the giant bears in the North.

Marie no Kanaderu Ongaku/The Music of Marie
2 Vol.
Fantasy, Seinen
33799l.jpg

This was different than I had anticipated. I was honestly expecting a music series, but this was even more of a treat! The world is really fleshed out, mysterious, and interesting throughout the story. At the beginning, I was pretty lost, but I was enlightened by Marie. This was a really cool take on the utopian/dystopian post-apocalypse. It begs the question, "Are humans truly capable of peace without being controlled?"

This was another one of the recs I got when I was first posting here. I'm slowly making my way through them, so thanks to those who recommended this!

ALL HAIL FLAWFULS!!!!

Erigu

oddly enough, I can't even find the same sound effect that was used for steam (hoku/ ホク)
Try "ホワ".

What that says to me is that the "steaaam" is not actually a literal sound, but more of a description that is written in the same manner as a sound.
I think the "ホワ" is more about the scent and the "ジュワ" about the... juicy feeling? and both evoke warmth. I wouldn't say they're exactly "sound effects", indeed.

Yeah, by Hashirama. Which became a bit of a stretch once Madara started THROWING AROUND METEORS.
And he stopped because "hey, that would kill Obito as well!"
You know, Obito. The guy who can just disappear into another dimension. Makes sense!

wonzo

Banned
Prison School 103

ANDRENOMICS LIVES ON ;-;

Mob Psycho 100 57

The evil spirit in this reminded me of the "god" that hobo guy saw in OPM. Creepy as fuck.

Himouto! Umaru-chan 40

I wish the closest $1 store was as fun to shop at as this one was. ._.

Hanstu x Trash 36-37

I did want more Water Polo but this is kinda boring outside of the teachers constant teasing. zzzzzzz

I was on the Western side of the main island of Japan last week for travel, and tonight I'll be traveling to the North for about a week. My original reason was to see a friend's graduation, so I figured I'd go Hokkaido while I'm at it. I don't really have plans besides that, so I'll be taking random trains and stopping wherever I feel like it on the way back home. I'll be traveling alone this time and it's going to be a pretty crazy journey, so wish me luck. I'll probably check in if I have wi-fi. If you don't hear from me in about a week, I've probably been mauled to death by the giant bears in the North.

Well that doesn't inspire confidence.

Try "ホワ".

I'll admit, I always been bad at katakana

Erigu

I'll admit, I always been bad at katakana
I was about to say "considering how those were drawn/written, that was a perfectly understandable mistake", but calling that a mistake on your part doesn't even feel right. It really looked like "ホク". I think the only way to read that "properly" as "ホワ" is to be relatively used to those "sound effects" in the first place.

EDIT: My bad, there is an "ホク" sound effect for steam, in fact ("the more you know!"). So it was "ホク" and "ジュワ".

Magi 218

Hope it's possible to actually comprehend this magic battle. Last one didn't go too well.

Koe no Katachi 30

That hair.

Yamada 102

ya blew it

UQ Holder 27

rip everyone

Jintor

I've read 7 chapters and so far it hella deserves it.

Does Soma get less godlike though? He's almost sakamoto tier as it stands

scy

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi 1-3 - I've read three chapters and I'm still not sure what to expect out of this but I think the art is nice and I'm curious as to what antics they'll get into. Probably just latching onto a cute pairing.

I was about to say "considering how those were drawn/written, that was a perfectly understandable mistake", but calling that a mistake on your part doesn't even feel right. It really looked like "ホク". I think the only way to read that "properly" as "ホワ" is to be relatively used to those "sound effects" in the first place.

EDIT: My bad, there is an "ホク" sound effect for steam, in fact ("the more you know!"). So it was "ホク" and "ジュワ".

How interesting. :x

Really does make me want to see if there's basically a book of all this.

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi 1-3 - I've read three chapters and I'm still not sure what to expect out of this but I think the art is nice and I'm curious as to what antics they'll get into. Probably just latching onto a cute pairing.

I remember watching the anime of this. It wasn't bad, but kinda gets dull near the end. I did like the usage of the fairy tails as base for the stories and whatever.

scy

I remember watching the anime of this. It wasn't bad, but kinda gets dull near the end. I did like the usage of the fairy tails as base for the stories and whatever.

Hm. Maybe I'll watch it. Don't think all of the manga is available anyway. Well, we'll see I guess.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haven't been following the argument too closely, but they seriously should have gone for actual english onomatopoeias instead of going literally "steam!"

Just write "Ssssss".

Kieli

Haven't been following the argument too closely, but they seriously should have gone for actual english onomatopoeias instead of going literally "steam!"

Just write "Ssssss".

Yep. The comic book sound effects really bother me. Bwachunk? Gaboompadonka?

What am I reading here...

Just write "Ssssss".

yeah, but that makes too much sense

Yep. The comic book sound effects really bother me. Bwachunk? Gaboompadonka?

What am I reading here...

BWACHUNK

GABOOMPADONKA

think of all that energy when they are in caps and in your face

For some reason i remembered NANA. Maybe because i played the guitar earlier too.

Did it ever get out of hiatus?

I think she's still recovering so probably still on hiatus.

Wiseblade

Except that once the HxH anime ends, the Sailor Moon anime will be there to pick up the slack. Togashi need never work again.

Marche90

Wagatsuma 84

I'm seriously, seriously disliking even more that teacher with each passing chapter.

Naruto

I totally forgot that a side-effect of the sharingan was losing your eyesight. Kakashi had a good run with that eye; I just hope that he can use it for a bit longer :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom