• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can actually say that this was a GREAT chapter. Gai totally kicked ass, but now Madara is going to get serious. Hopefully with Naruto coming back to life, Gai can still live. I think I am pushing it though.

Akito

I was on the Western side of the main island of Japan last week for travel, and tonight I'll be traveling to the North for about a week. My original reason was to see a friend's graduation, so I figured I'd go Hokkaido while I'm at it. I don't really have plans besides that, so I'll be taking random trains and stopping wherever I feel like it on the way back home. I'll be traveling alone this time and it's going to be a pretty crazy journey, so wish me luck. I'll probably check in if I have wi-fi. If you don't hear from me in about a week, I've probably been mauled to death by the giant bears in the North.
You know the drill, take lewd photos. Alternatively, photos of the giant bears would suffice.

wonzo

Banned
The Legendary Musings of Professor Munakata 1-4
profmunakata1.png
Munakata is an anthropology professor who studies the relationship between folklore or fairy tales and real historical events. He believes that many of these stories that most presume to be entirely fictional are actually based on real events. This manga tells the story of Professor Munakata as he follows the clues left from both the imaginary world of fairy tales and the real world of historical evidence.

Badass Motherfucker Anthropology Professor Munakata shows the audience the wonders of anthropology with some truly fascinating tales of this mans noble journey in trying to understand and piece together the origins of the legends and myths passed on from generations past. READ IT AND LEARN SOME SHIT.

Boy Meets Girl, Girl Meets Boy 1-4 END

A Boy turning into a Girl discovers a fellow classmate has the exact opposite problem. It's through their unique struggle they find solace in one another as they confront their changing bodies together. It's honestly a shame this had so few chapters as the whole concept deserves so much more than what it got, which don't get me wrong, is still a pretty nice and quick read.

e: oh and btw this is from Amazume Ryuta, the same author of Nana to Kaoru

Vito

Banned
Badass Motherfucker Anthropology Professor Munakata shows the audience the wonders of anthropology with some truly fascinating tales of this mans noble journey in trying to understand and piece together the origins of the legends and myths passed on from generations past. READ IT AND LEARN SOME SHIT.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/past_exhibitions/2012/manga_at_the_british_museum.aspx they even published select stories in a compiled volume. I wish this author got more love :(

Naruto
Now this is what I wanna see, more fighting, less talking.

Bleach
There goes the theory that its a fake Kenpachi from Yachiru's imagination. Im a bit shocked this was 18 pages. So short.

wonzo

Banned
Amano makes her return to Jump in a couple weeks. Interested to see what her oneshot is about and serialization potential. Still want to see more elDLIVe though....

My jpn side of twitter is exploding with Takao, I didnt know people in jpn also look at JUMP early like that.

Naruto 669
tumblr_m1wnj65YcZ1qk12q0o1_250.gif

NARUTO Has finally awoken. Kishimoto should really have done a double chapter this week, for we need it. I think it kind of also implies Guy-sensei will be defeated and Naruto will finally have the chance to defeat Madara. Actually Sasuke will probably lend a hand too, combined they exceed the five kages in strength.

Hystzen

Bleach

Kubo reminding me why kenpachi is such a boring character always the same shit which just boils down to him slashing without any thought or skill.

so Riot's making a TTGL skin for LoL character Rumble called Super Galaxy Rumble (VO). It involves drills. You can see where this is going. It will be awesome.

This has led to me watching Gurren Lagann for the first time. I like Gurren Lagann a lot. Dat Yoko tho.

I guess I have to start reading non-cute manga as well now. Fuck.

Leezard

so Riot's making a TTGL skin for LoL character Rumble called Super Galaxy Rumble (VO). It involves drills. You can see where this is going. It will be awesome.

This has led to me watching Gurren Lagann for the first time. I like Gurren Lagann a lot. Dat Yoko tho.

I guess I have to start reading non-cute manga as well now. Fuck.

I'm glad you have seen the light of mecha.

Defuser

Bleach
This is why I like Kenpachi.

Enemy fodder : Blah blah blah can't kill me.

Kenpachi : Fuck you *Cuts him down anyway*

scy

Naruto 669 - RIP Gai. It was a good fight but Naruto woke up so you just lost your usefulness.

Bleach 573 - Kenpachi doing precisely what was expected of him and just ignores the enemy dude's gimmick.

Vito

Banned
Well thank fucking god ANN reported it five hours after newsmangajapon or we'd be totally lost without that watermarked picture of theirs.

Anyways, came to ask: what are the rules for NSFW around here, I imagine no embedding drawn boobs, but what about linking?

SykoTech

Naruto

Guy can Sky/Moon walk, lol.

Really cool. Seeing Guy going out like a boss. But it's going to suck seeing Naruto and Sasuke inevitably delivering the final blow and getting all the credit after Guy loses his life wearing Madara down.

It also sucks seeing Rock Lee open the 6th gate....just to throw a kunai.

Well thank fucking god ANN reported it five hours after newsmangajapon or we'd be totally lost without that watermarked picture of theirs.

Anyways, came to ask: what are the rules for NSFW around here, I imagine no embedding drawn boobs, but what about linking?

I never understand why they watermark it unless they are getting exclusive attained legally copies of the magazine early, especially odd when they also put "announcing on monday.". Pretty murky area for a site that is supposed to be our leading authority on this stuff with industry connections even to enter.

Thankfully it isnt in comic sans font.

Akito

Linking is fine as long as you label it properly, I've linked to this or this and didn't get banned for it. NSFW obviously.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait, is there no Toriko this week? Damn it...
It's bad enough that there's no One Piece.

scy

Boy Meets Girl, Girl Meets Boy 1-4 END

A Boy turning into a Girl discovers a fellow classmate has the exact opposite problem. It's through their unique struggle they find solace in one another as they confront their changing bodies together. It's honestly a shame this had so few chapters as the whole concept deserves so much more than what it got, which don't get me wrong, is still a pretty nice and quick read.

e: oh and btw this is from Amazume Ryuta, the same author of Nana to Kaoru

I think this is part of a larger anthology of similar theme stuff, isn't it? At least, I remember this and I think two other Ryuta stories (First Night, First Morning, and Kawase, Me and 'That Thing' one Summer) from Change H.

If you haven't read it, Kanojo ni Naru Hi is a similar concept.

rip penguin-san?

rip prinny dood

The fights like that in the anime always make me lol .
Going to wait until it finish before i start reading .

This chapter is silly and I'm going to be sad that I think the Anime won't get this far.

scy

Kanojo ni Naru hi Another 3 - Firmly going on the main guy-now-girl x other guy route it would seem.

Does it blow up?

She feeds it to her bear after attacking it from space. Typing that out makes me think that maybe this actually was a Disgaea joke

It think it's amazing on its own that the anime is going to finish adapting the Weekend arc.

I mean, it has to. It's the first arc where something happens :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom