• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
She feeds it to her bear after attacking it from space. Typing that out makes me think that maybe this actually was a Disgaea joke

Sounds a skill I'll see in a Disgaea game.

I mean, it has to. It's the first arc where something happens :x

I guess that's true but I probably kept thinking since it was so long, it would take forever to actually adapt through.

Bleach

Isane got development, and Kenpachi is taking the fight seriously from the get go. I guess he takes the name of Kenpachi seriously.

Naruto

RIP, Gai, and Naruto is back.

Korosenai

I thought id at least have Toriko to look forward to today.... Guess not :(

Bleach
This chapter took me 30 seconds to read and I even took my time with it.

Dat Kenpachi (?Wish he was the main character)

Naruto was actually enjoyable this week too its a shame though that for a ll Gai's doign we just know its gonna be in vain

Naruto 669

Get your hax eyes out of here.

Eight Inner gates Guy is living it up.

Bleach 573

Godmode Kenpachi should not be taking more than a chapter swatting down imagine boy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So nothing happened in Bleach, but Naruto was pretty fucking cool this week. Guy's a fuckin' boss but Madara basically no-selling instant death techniques is kind of lame.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sums up my experience with Bleach today lol.

Also, One Piece goes on break way too often.

Oda needs it considering he only gets 3 hours of sleep a day. Plus, he has a family he never sees, and the last time he overworked he ended up in the hospital.

Just be glad he's not Togashi and never works.

Naruto
YES YES YESS. Go Gai go!! Fucking amazing teamwork too. This is probably the most I've been excited in this war arc yet. Can't wait to see this shit animated.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boku wa Mari no Naka

Gender bender from the Aku no Hana guy. I don't understand so far why the guy is listening to fake Nakamura. What's she going to do about it?

How much you all want to bet that focus will shift entirely to Naruto next chap and whenever we get back to Gai, he'll already be dead or dying horribly

Kuroko popularity poll

Can't say I'm surprised with Akashi taking top spot since he showed up in the anime and the manga currently is in the middle of the Rakuzan match but man what a jump. I don't even think he broke the top ten last time they ran the popularity poll for the series. It's like a 6,000 vote jump for him.

The cover posted is cute. I suddenly have a craving for dango designed to look like small basketballs.

Can't say I'm surprised with Akashi taking top spot since he showed up in the anime and the manga currently is in the middle of the Rakuzan match but man what a jump. I don't even think he broke the top ten last time they ran the popularity poll for the series. It's like a 6,000 vote jump for him.

The cover posted is cute. I suddenly have a craving for dango designed to look like small basketballs.

Funny you say that cause it was literally a 6,000 vote jump for him:

1st Poll: Seijūrō Akashi (26 votes)
2nd Poll: Seijūrō Akashi (263 votes)
3rd Poll: Seijūrō Akashi (6276 votes)

NastyBook

NARUTO

Fuck yes, Gai. I was always #teamtaijutsu. I literally waited, reading chapter after chapter, for either you or Rock Lee to do this. Thank you SO much. Hit that bitch again another 4 times to get him to understand that without Hashirama and Obito's powers, he'd be a genjutsu using smear in the dirt.

BLEACH

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage Zaraki Kenpachi

Holy hell Akashi what black magic is at work here?

Never mind found it!

6T8zOHC.jpg

PY43mp5.jpg

Jt8v8kC.jpg

So there's your black magic.

Maybe just due to being a more relevant character now than before if I had to guess.

I guess so. More people voting in this poll combined with plot relevance. Just feels so jarring, especially seeing the past polls with Kuroko consistently as number one. Kuroko has about 1,000 more votes than the prior two polls, but that's only a sixth of the increase Akashi received.

fangirls?

I'm assuming that's the majority of his votes.

Never mind found it!

So there's your black magic.

Fangirls seems to be a weak term for whatever the people in this picture represent.

They're all way less handsome than Eyeshield 21 characters smh

Kasamatsu's da best.

I guess so. More people voting in this poll combined with plot relevance. Just feels so jarring, especially seeing the past polls with Kuroko consistently as number one. Kuroko has about 1,000 more votes than the prior two polls, but that's only a sixth of the increase Akashi received.

I'm assuming that's the majority of his votes.

Fangirls seems to be a weak term for whatever the people in this picture represent.

Welcome to fandom!

Angry Grimace

Boku wa Mari no Naka Ch. 1-25

So I guess Mari was already a fuckin' nutter? This dude's mangas are about suffering. Or maybe the Mari from before was just the original guy before, too.

Angry Grimace

He's a very weak person. He'll listen to anyone who yells at him enough.

At this point, I'm not quite sure whether Mari was already Isao prior to this, or whether maybe she has some sort of dissociative disorder and simply believes she is Isao right now. There's a shitload of cringe-chapters in this too.

Charade

At this point, I'm not quite sure whether Mari was already Isao prior to this, or whether maybe she has some sort of dissociative disorder and simply believes she is Isao right now. There's a shitload of cringe-chapters in this too.

After the last chapter I thought she was maybe just putting on an act, but I like this idea better.

Well looks like Viz/ Shoujo Beat licenses rescued DN Angel digital only though :/

I honestly have no idea if I even got all the Tokyopop releases, lol.

Last I checked, the manga isn't even finished in Japan. I think it's been on some form of hiatus for a while. It's been so long since I've read the manga that I think my Tokyopop volumes are in storage. haha Normally I'd take this sort of news as a sign that the mangaka might pick this story up again, but I'm not holding my breath.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Last I checked, the manga isn't even finished in Japan. I think it's been on some form of hiatus for a while. It's been so long since I've read the manga that I think my Tokyopop volumes are in storage. haha Normally I'd take this sort of news as a sign that the mangaka might pick this story up again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yea. The hiatus seemed to end a few years back but we only got like 3 or 4 chapters tops before it started back up again. It's really too bad.

Oda needs it considering he only gets 3 hours of sleep a day. Plus, he has a family he never sees, and the last time he overworked he ended up in the hospital.

Just be glad he's not Togashi and never works.

There's gotta be some kind of middle ground there...

I'm looking at his profile on the wiki and I still have no clue who he is.

Yeah, I still have no idea. Supposedly he's been around since their first match against them. Supposedly.

I don't think her other series, Lagoon Engine has been going anywhere either. Which reminds me I don't think I have all those volumes yet either.

Yea. The hiatus seemed to end a few years back but we only got like 3 or 4 chapters tops before it started back up again. It's really too bad.

Really too bad, since I really did like the series.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Bleach

I'm still mad we'll never get a chance to see what Unohana did in order to get her name, but Zaraki will do for now.

Naruto

The thought of being able to pull Gai's moves off in a Ultimate Ninja Storm game has me salivating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom