• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

if anyone knows the ending of tokyo daigaku monogatari pls tell me

i was intrigued by a blog i read ( and now i can't find the link )

the same with golden boy

pretty pls

Charade

Series starts as a harem, but as time goes on, the girls fall in love with other people and either forget or just stay friends with the protagonist. Then at the end, only (n)one girl remains

Interesting idea. I imagine many would decry it as NTR: The Manga though (depending on how it's handled)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Series starts as a harem, but as time goes on, the girls fall in love with other people and either forget or just stay friends with the protagonist. Then at the end, only (n)one girl remains

Plz japan, make dis.

He still manages to have sex with all of them though, or better yet after sexing him they realize he isn't worth it and leave

Interesting idea. I imagine many would decry it as NTR: The Manga though (depending on how it's handled)

Well if the protag (that ends up alone) is one of those clueless harem ones, can't be much of a NTR if the girls realize he doesn't really care about them in the same way they do and they just move onto other people.

It'll be different if the protag likes them too...but then again, that would be too revolutionary for a harem protag.

scy

And Then There Were None: Harem Edition.

I don't think it would matter how it's done, someone would still scream about it being NTR somehow.

Well if the protag (that ends up alone) is one of those clueless harem ones, can't be much of a NTR if the girls realize he doesn't really care about them in the same way they do and they just move onto other people.

It'll be different if the protag likes them too...but then again, that would be too revolutionary for a harem protag.

You should watch tenchi gxp if you want a harem anime where the guy knows all the girls like him and he likes all of them

Nordicus

The protagonist has a favorite girl that he doesn't reveal, and while he more or less likes all the girls, he's becoming troubled by the occasional catfights and the girls competing for his attention. He enjoys their company, but enough is enough.

The final piece of drama is when there are 2 girls left, and then suddenly, favorite girl falls in love with someone. All that subtle wingmanning and balancing the treatment of the girls only to result in that. Bit of drama ensues, both say things they regret, and finally, it's up to the final girl to cheer up the protagonist and he comes to his senses and ends up with this final girl.

So we'll have just 1 moment of NTR at the end but no more.

Still good or did I make it lamer by giving the protagonist too much control?

upandaway

Peephole ch16

On the subject of harems, this manga just got one with this chapter.

And it's the weirdest harem. Also the best harem, MC included.

Lain

Can we make it so the girls fall in love with other people just as the main character discovers he's in love with them?

scy

The protagonist has a favorite girl that he doesn't reveal, and while he more or less likes all the girls, he's becoming troubled by the occasional catfights and the girls competing for his attention. He enjoys their company, but enough is enough.

The final piece of drama is when there are 2 girls left, and then suddenly, favorite girl falls in love with someone. All that subtle wingmanning and balancing the treatment of the girls only to result in that. Bit of drama ensues, both say things they regret, and finally, it's up to the final girl to cheer up the protagonist and he comes to his senses and ends up with this final girl.

So we'll have just 1 moment of NTR at the end but no more.

Still good or did I make it lamer by giving the protagonist too much control?

As long as she was best girl all along.

Nozoki Ana?

RXzwxK0.jpg

murder moe

scy

Peephole 16 - So one has him while alive and then the other gets his corpse. Win-win!

And now there's a police girl to to enter the haremget fucking murderedI DON'T KNOW WHICH I WANT.

Teppu 25

I always get excited when I see Brazil on a manga\comic, since it's such a rare occurrence.
I also like to look for errors, like language ones or geographical nonsense (like Rio being near Amazonas river in one Marvel comic). In the case of Teppu...:

"Lembranças!" is not "nice to meet you". It's not even close. If you want to go formal, it should be "Prazer em conhecê-la!" Or was it wrong or purpose? =p

In any case, nice chapter. The best Teppu chapters are the ones that are not focused on Natsuo (sorry, I hate her).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

ShuuxRuri happening for sure :')

Even though they have only one option, it still won't happen. Nisekoi is going to end on one of those stupid events where they all confess simultaneously and he picks nobody anyways.

scy

Even though they have only one option, it still won't happen. Nisekoi is going to end on one of those stupid events where they all confess simultaneously and he picks nobody anyways.

Just need to have misplaced faith and believe in a proper ending for no good reason!

I really do hope it gets something proper for an ending :/ All these inconclusive endings are wearing thin.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
what the shit, really

that's kind of pathetic

If done properly, I would actually try to read this.

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 5
I don't get it, why kill each other when you're friends. Ayu obviously wouldn't want her friends to kill each other either, especially over her... I also didn't get what happened on the last page.

scy

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 5 - RIP both of you guys. Thinking it over, Rindou's death is pretty gruesome. Hitting essentially a brick wall at that speed. Sheesh.

So I guess Ayu is pretty important, huh?

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 5[/B]
I don't get it, why kill each other when you're friends. Ayu obviously wouldn't want her friends to kill each other either, especially over her... I also didn't get what happened on the last page.

One of his crushed eyeballs rolled away.

And, yeah, the fight seems silly but I guess there's something to this whole Harmageddon thing that kind of necessitates it. The better question may be why two friends are on opposite sides like that, though it's probably just to add cliche'd drama to the fight :x

No wonder Kishi had Gai sit out the Pain invasion, he would have given Pain that work.

Or had Gai sit out almost everything. Gai is the true solo king. He don't need any fancy tailed beast hax or eyeball hax or blood line hax. He has throw away your life hax, but it's really not since you die afterwards.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Oh so that's what happened. I don't know how that implies his death though, because they were crushed from before...

Shishunki no Iron Maiden 30
I'm okay with her getting his first kiss. Although she was annoying at first, she's actually pretty cool. Here's to hoping she finds some well deserved happiness without him.

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 5 - RIP both of you guys. Thinking it over, Rindou's death is pretty gruesome. Hitting essentially a brick wall at that speed. Sheesh.

So I guess Ayu is pretty important, huh?

And, yeah, the fight seems silly but I guess there's something to this whole Harmageddon thing that kind of necessitates it. The better question may be why two friends are on opposite sides like that, though it's probably just to add cliche'd drama to the fight :x

So it is literally eye scream now? ._.

scy

Oh so that's what happened. I don't know how that implies his death though, because they were crushed from before...

He's not dead yet. The transfer student dude is just going to presumably try to torture him for stuff and/or just kill him off without it (since they can't control their strength, thanks random infobox).

Presumably he's sending his eye off for ... something? Not sure how it'll get some information out so maybe a last ditch sneak attack attempt?

Shishunki no Iron Maiden 30
I'm okay with her getting his first kiss. Although she was annoying at first, she's actually pretty cool. Here's to hoping she finds some well deserved happiness without him.

This whole forcefully trying to take the dude won her a lot of points lol

So it is literally eye scream now? ._.

Oh hey, speaking of eye scream, I finished watching Hyouka. It was good. I want more, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom