• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Every time I re-read Angel Densetsu, I have to look at Claymore and wonder.

But if you had all of it then there'd be none left for me. The LN aside, there are actually a couple of Date A Live manga, but the main one ended prematurely because of the artist's health.

we can share

Jintor

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
too much ShindoL is rotting your brain :p

even now i'm still fucking surprised Claymore came from the same author

Hmm, actually, I wonder what are mangaf's most surprising change of work by the same author.

Angel densetsu to claymore is definitely the biggest one in my mind now seeing that it was just mentioned, but I'm sure that there are others for me.

scy

Hmm, actually, I wonder what are mangaf's most surprising change of work by the same author.

Angel densetsu to claymore is definitely the biggest one in my mind now seeing that it was just mentioned, but I'm sure that there are others for me.

Love Hina -> Negima ... once it gets out of the harem romcom start, anyway.

Akito

Me & the Devil Blues -> Yarisugi Companion to Atashi Monogatari -> Prison School

The first jump was just mind-blowing.

Charade

I'm thinking there must be a few h manga -> mainstream authors.

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Iinazuke Kyoutei guy, but that's pretty smutty so not a big change.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK

Cool, Keima's back. Let's hope they can resolve the plot in the next 2 chapters =V

Soul Eater Chapter 32.5

1374876693975.png

kewlmyc

TWGOK Latest:

For a manga ending in a few chapters, this sure is taking its time. In the grand scheme of things, not much has happened.

scy

Just needs an appearance of Elsie and Haqua in there and it'll be like good ol' times again.

Sort of.

Thought Black Cat was just a generic battle manga.

Would certainly differentiate from the lewdness that is TLR.

Right but I mean he only did the art for TLR/TLRD.

Edit: Oh, hey, Death Note -> Bakuman counts too.

scy

Was it that bad? There was a time when I wanted to start reading it... though seeing the reaction to the ending, maybe I won't even bother start it.

To not spoil it too hard:
it's basically a non-ending (maybe less than that, actually) that doesn't really make all that much sense either

Ugh, no way this ends well in two chapters :\

Clearly it'll segue into TWGOK 2: Harem Time.

Akito

Seriously, how can you fuck up that badly, I'm not even talking about the second half being pretty superfluous and boring but the ending is horrendous on any scale possible. I fear for Yamada-kun even though the OTP already got together.

scy

Seriously, how can you fuck up that badly, I'm not even talking about the second half being pretty superfluous and boring but the ending is horrendous on any scale possible. I fear for Yamada-kun even though the OTP already got together.

I still firmly believe that Yamada-kun's plot is the way it is as a sort of atonement for Yankee-kun.

Charade

Wait, when did Yamada get with Odagiri?

I honestly haven't read Yamada because of that horseshit.

might just wait until its done first

Tantei Gakuen Q 72

Tells me all about these hints that'll solve the murder and leaves unmasking the murderer until the next chapter. Despairrrrrr.

Screaming Lessons 39

zVh3JnB.png

Deal. Only 278 days, 20 hours and 11 minutes to go.

Reading Christmas stories during March is depressing enough, but on top of that I thought for one delusional moment that this was going to be a Yomi chapter. Instead we got an overly possessive doll with steak knives and a body count, which is fine and all, but it's no substitute. On the plus side, there's still no sign of her inferior male counterpart yet.

Aizo

Banned
Checking in from a random manga cafe up North because they switched the ferry schedule, so I`m trapped on the tip of the mainland for four more hours.
Updates:
1. I have not been mauled by a bear...yet.
2. I have not found anything lewd for Akito...yet.
Yankee-kun and Megane-chan End
ipUT7GBgCblIq.gif

I guess I won`t read the rest, then... Tell me what happened! I`m surprised that it offended you so much.

scy

Checking in from a random manga cafe up North because they switched the ferry schedule, so I`m trapped on the tip of the mainland for four more hours.
Updates:

Time to start bribing bears.

Updates:

You'll be mauled by a lewd bear. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom