• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Knight 10

They could have ended this in the 12-14 chp range with this fight. If the manga had started this event a bit early then I think it could have been received better initially. A more humanoid goblin with the control ability is much more interesting than that acid one in the past.

Date A Live vol 10
58338746sss2o.jpg
ILEMyIe.gif

Nisekoi 115

Well, that was rather touching. Premier couple proving yet again why they're premier couple.

Akito

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous
ibemVzZRdyfB05.jpg

Most badass name for a special attack ever?
Man it's kinda hard to hold my self back from taking part in all the speculations.

scy

ibemVzZRdyfB05.jpg

Man it's kinda hard to hold my self back from taking part in all the speculations.

It's a damn shame he's not going to have more time for ice cream flavor attacks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
;___;

Edit: Wait, is this normal "lol won't get any additional stuff" suffering or "Volume 5 of the LN was bad" suffering? :(

The kind of suffering where the anime was 4 of the novels, there's only 5 of the novels total, and the last one came out in 2010.

scy

Okay, so the normal suffering I was expecting. It'll just be like Spice & Wolf again.

Except without English releases.

...oh god what have I done to myself.

ibemVzZRdyfB05.jpg

Eye Scream has never been better.

Okay, so the normal suffering I was expecting. It'll just be like Spice & Wolf again.

Except without English releases.

...oh god what have I done to myself.

Even worse with how the anime isn't licensed either.

Despair~

Fairy Tail Special 2 + 376

Not only does he do longer chapter and colour pages, but now next time two chapters in one issue of longer length. Mashima's productivity and dedication must always be commended.

Special at least had Lyon but Gray was clothed the entire time oddly.

jman2050

;___;

Edit: Wait, is this normal "lol won't get any additional stuff" suffering or "Volume 5 of the LN was bad" suffering? :(

It's "there's only one more book not adapted, it has no ending, and there's no indication of any additional books from the author incoming" suffering.

you misread. swagamoto is too godlike for soma. Soma has to have like 60 chapters of making progressively more delicious food, if i understand this manga correctly.

you had almost in there which was my issue. :p

The gap between the two is too large (in swagmoto's favor) for an "almost" mang

They finally arrived :D

oh how I've missed you Horo, my one true love

And now most of the earlier volumes are out of stock on Amazon for a few weeks :(

just adding salt in the wound of myself not being able to buy them as yet.

scy

And now most of the earlier volumes are out of stock on Amazon for a few weeks :(

I went to check earlier when he showed me that. Back to full price for most of the ones still in stock.

welp.

I still need to grab the last few Bungaku Shoujo / Book Girl ones. Hrm.
and actually read them too

Oh man that cover art is freaking terrible, that's a vn right? Clearly the author can't draw worth shit

It's a light novel with some illustrations. Honestly I think the art is pretty good. There are some nice full page illustrations in the book, and each book has 4 or 5 colour pages at the start.

I dunno if it's any use to you, but some of them are on the UK Amazon.

I went to check earlier when he showed me that. Back to full price for most of the ones still in stock.

welp.

I still need to grab the last few Bungaku Shoujo / Book Girl ones. Hrm.
and actually read them too

I told you this the last time :(

It's a light novel with some illustrations. Honestly I think the art is pretty good. There are some nice full page illustrations in the book, and each book has 4 or 5 colour pages at the start.

I dunno if it's any use to you, but some of them are on the UK Amazon.

Nope no use at all, thanks though

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Spirit Circle 1-15

Art's a bit rough, but this is pretty interesting. I guess at least Kouko has some kind of excuse for being a tsundere, here.

But that gap on Crunchyroll is really odd. Why don't they just fill it in before starting the Simulpub?

I wonder if they will show the Kakashi ,Yamato, and Itachi Anbu backstory in the Manga seeing as the anime is currently connecting all the unanswered dots

I could've sworn they were like ~$10 instead of $12 when you pointed this out last time.

it was just the 2 available for pre-order that had prices at ~$10 or less sadly with the others being 11.99 (or $12 for one of them in particular).

that shit still stings since they were all like that some months ago, dammit.. :(

Nordicus

Genshiken 21

I FORGOT THESE FEELS! Saki, never not suffering

I forgot how much Saki was trying to play tough and resilient after accidentally getting that manga fire started and was pretty much at fault for getting Genshiken's activities suspended. She did all those favors that people asked of her, quit smoking cold turkey, caused Genshiken to have to do 100 hours of community service and lose their meeting place, and now had to endure the verbal stabs from Madarame.

Even Saki has her limits, and this was it.

Jintor

Is Yankee-kun any good? I enjoy Yamada so I'm interested in giving it a go.

apparently it has a really shitty ending, but i still haven't read it.

imho the entire thing is a buildup for the 'break' arc they do near the end of the major storyline where all the characters get into a huge Ouendan competition that takes an entire volume and is amazing

scy

apparently it has a really shitty ending, but i still haven't read it.

imho the entire thing is a buildup for the 'break' arc they do near the end of the major storyline where all the characters get into a huge Ouendan competition that takes an entire volume and is amazing

This is really the biggest problem with Yankee-kun: It takes forever so the way it ends is rather bothersome. It has some really fun moments, though.

Peephole 16
Hope this cop can actually do something and not get killed.

A lofty goal.

Jintor

I feel like the Ouendan competition is the best part of it because it can take advantage of its huge-ass cast and simultaneously breaks the traditional 'good guys vs bad guys' archetypes it tends to fall into.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well get back on it! :p Quintessential delinquent manga.

Though Tenshi na konamiki and ocha nigosu is probably more approachable than it is right now.

Little Jumper 26

Sure, kidnapping someone is an effective way of showing that you have their best interests at heart. May take a break from this because the infrequent releases are making it hard to follow, not least because I can't remember who the future past characters are.

I have no idea what this is but now I want all of it.
But if you had all of it then there'd be none left for me. The LN aside, there are actually a couple of Date A Live manga, but the main one ended prematurely because of the artist's health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom