• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
zy5oSvP.jpg

Gintama 487

That rare moment when seeing Hasegawa's eyes.

Sougo reaffirm himself as the ultimate sadist to all living and non-living things.

Lain

Only now noticed that the hermaphrodite manga is on comic walker. The people over there are showing to have some fine taste.

Nordicus

I think the only problem that I had with it was that I found the
sex scene with Kansai to be utterly unbelievable for her character. She's suddenly like, "So... sex? Right now?" I got the feeling that it must have been a part of the story originally left out by the guy writing the posts on 2chan, so the author put them in. I just really didn't think it went with her character at all. I kind of got the feeling the mangaka hadn't had an adult relationship because of how unrealistic it was.
Other than that, I loved it!
Yeah, that was weird.
Was she trying to fuck him once and make the flaking out and eventual rejection alright with that?

Charade

Souseki will be proud

I would like to say I could make a joke that sophisticated...but I didn't even think of that lol. You even mentioned I Am a Cat earlier too.
It's all come full circle.

Itoshi no Karin 12

Well that was less dramatic than I thought it was going to be. Yutaka's still an idiot though.

Foolworm

So basically an ass pull, got it.

There is some weak attempt to retcon previous events but it seems rather halfhearted.

Rafaela's 'You're making a big mistake' proclamation? It wasn't referring to Claire awakening her, but to Claire's attempts to awaken herself when she should be trying to awaken Theresa.

Deneve's explanation that Claire had a 'wedge' in the shape of Jean keeping her from awakening?Bollocks, it was Theresa that was pulling her back all this time.

Rafaela's motive for passing on her memories to Claire? So that she could learn from the sisters' attempts to synchronize and draw out Theresa from herself.

There were hints that it was possible (i.e. Cassandra turning into Priscilla) but still. I'm hoping it's a red herring and that Claire just regrew her hair or something.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 11

gintamaloveplus.gif

Also is this going to be the case of first girl he met wins now?

Pimpwerx

So basically an ass pull, got it.
FML. I was really hoping something badass from Claire, not asspull. Oh well. I've been bracing myself for some major disappointment when the series ends. It's had almost as precipitous a fall in quality as Gantz. PEACE.

upandaway

Molester Man

I just finished reading this whole thing in one go. All 21 chapters of it. And some of them were god damn shoujo length!

This. Is. Mah. JAM! Such a seinen romance. I am sceptical about how much of it is "based on RL events", naturally, but there were moments when this manga was rather convincing about it. It's about a 2ch poster who gets mistaken for a stalker by a paranoid girl. After clearing the misunderstanding, the girl and protagonist get to know each other and he gets introduced to her closest friends

Sometimes you just don't get the girl you initially want, sometimes a girl might puke on your bed if you have her around after a night of heavy drinking, sometimes when your relationship (or search for one) involves a group of girls who are besties with each other, things can get messy and awkward. That's life.

Molester, the protagonist, is such a fun, flawed and decently relatable character, however him reporting all his love life to 2ch and asking anonymous for advice for a lot of (imho) simple stuff really has me shaking my head at times.

A bunch of "dating sim" esque stuff happens in this story, but it is often because the protagonist nudges these things to that direction because it's territory he's far more familiar with than actual courting and dating.

And the biggest cause of drama wasn't some contrived twist, but rather clashing motivations and desires that were going to come to a head eventually, and it was never going to be quickly and cleanly sorted out.
Unless of course if Molester went "aww fuck it, I want some pussy!" and answered Loli girl's feelings without pursuing anyone else any further.
I'll give Molester props for sticking to one woman once he has his eyes on her and seems like a manageable target. He doesn't have that "being nice to everyone means being nice to no one" flaw that many other protagonists have either. At least within his mind. No matter how hot or nice a woman is, he will go "biatch, GTFO" in his thoughts if they're being annoying or seem to be in the way of his plans.

By the way, anime references galore. A huge chunk of it is JoJo, but there are other ones here and there.

It was funny, often heartwarming, managed to invoke a whole spectrum of feelings out of me*, and I just couldn't put it down. I absolutely recommend this.

GET ON IT PHILLIPCOSTIGAN! The art gets better from beginning chapters

*I let out an audible "NO!" during one of the sadder scenes near the end since it struck rather close to home
Hehehehehe. Hehehehehehehehehe. Hee hee hee hee hee hee.

upandaway

Molester Man
Back when it was first translated, the dude timed the last chapters to the holidays in real life (New Years and all) and it gathered up everyone in the thread. Chapters came like every day or two. It was a really really fun December. It was the best New Years.

Also, now go and read Koganeiro! And if you're curious, the person who translated the manga also did some of the original threads.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
For some reason I keep mixing up onani master and molester man. Like when someone is talking about one I always think it's the other.

Wiseblade

If that was true, toy soldier would've turned back into Kyros every night. And I kinda doubt that was happening.
"Because he would have attacked Doflamingo ages ago"? Well...

1) That didn't go well the first time, why try and solo it agaun when he's settled into power?
2) Kyros' promise to Rebecca redtricts his movement at night.

Quasar

On to my second k-manga, Girls of the Wildds. Liking it so far, which is a surprise as I normally don't like school fighting anime/manga. I guess the bullying and teen as parent aspects make it more interesting to me so far. Didn't take long for me to make my shipping choice.

I guess my one complaint so far (I'm about 40 chapters in) is that I feel the training is dragging.

Antiwhippy

On to my second k-manga, Girls of the Wildds. Liking it so far, which is a surprise as I normally don't like school fighting anime/manga. I guess the bullying and teen as parent aspects make it more interesting to me so far. Didn't take long for me to make my shipping choice.

I guess my one complaint so far (I'm about 40 chapters in) is that I feel the training is dragging.

If you're going on a run of reading K-mangas then can I recommend Kisswood and meloholic?

Aizo

Banned
Yeah, that was weird.
Was she trying to fuck him once and make the flaking out and eventual rejection alright with that?

I'm not sure. I think it was just the only poorly written part of the series. If she had some confusing motives, they should have been explained.

Back when it was first translated, the dude timed the last chapters to the holidays in real life (New Years and all) and it gathered up everyone in the thread. Chapters came like every day or two. It was a really really fun December. It was the best New Years.

Also, now go and read Koganeiro! And if you're curious, the person who translated the manga also did some of the original threads.

It was one of those times where I feel like you guys are my bros.

PKrockin

My day of trying action/comedy manga one after another in search of something as good as History's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi has not been a complete bust. I found One Punch Man.

QDboldz.jpg

wonzo

Banned
Fingertip Skip

Piano obsessed girl gets roped into the Film Club by an equally obsessive schoolmate. The first page sold me but it kinda gets all dumb about 2/3rds in.

87 Clockers 6

This chapter was like something out of CSi with it's woeful computer technical understanding. smh

Hinamatsuri 32.5

lmfao, these extra chapters are brilliant!

Antiwhippy

Hey, I like books too, but if you're going to print them out on mostly black and white with pretty bad paper stock I'd much rather take them digitally. :p

Shuukan Shounen Girl 1

You know, I've read some weird "boy meets girl" premises before, but this is the first time I read one where the girl has manga written on her belly.

Funny premise. Curious to see where this goes.

Jintor

I only have 3 shelves of actual manga and I should probably be looking to unload some of them... I am never going to touch these .hack, single issues of Bakuman, Bleach and Samurai Champloo, or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom