• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Silver Spoon 97:

Well he did say "before college" so he's not in complete denial.

But he's denying Hachiken the opportunity to sow his seeds in the fertile Mikage farmlands.

1285463421hslw.jpg
Holy magic 8 balls orbiting Jupiter, is the Date A Live manga relaunching? Please let it be true. I would die with no regrets.

Fake edit: no fuck it's a Tohka spinoff goddamn hate hate hate hate hate

I thought it was a harem hell, it was a yandere paradise?

:)

Quasar

But he's denying Hachiken the opportunity to sow his seeds in the fertile Mikage farmlands.

I was happy to see him admit his feelings pretty matter of factly.

That said...thats one giant ass business plan. Also fuck his dad. Give the guy some feedback at least rather than a flat no.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I was happy to see him admit his feelings pretty matter of factly.

That said...thats one giant ass business plan. Also fuck his dad. Give the guy some feedback at least rather than a flat no.

I knew it isn't going to work because the author isn't telling us what it is.

Angry Grimace

Iron Maiden 31

How exactly is Nishina planning to rape Himemiya while she's clad in jagged metal body armor that's being produced by her body?

Kozuki-san Chi no Aneki [END]

Man, that was a fun ride. Really sad it's over now :(

...oh wait, there's the sequel. Right. Now that I'm caught up, I can offer my own reactions to that news. Ahem...

OH MY GOD YES THANK YOU

TODAY IS THE BEST DAY

NEED IT NOW

NEED MORE HARU

MORE MIZUNO

PLEASE

...phew

upandaway

Man, Golden Week is in 3 weeks and OP didn't take a break in 2 weeks now. This is just asking for a disaster. There will almost definitely be two straight weeks of no One Piece, at this rate.

For some reason I feel an overwhelming urge to give you a noogie.
Mistranslation is a very heavy and serious issue that affects millions every day. Lives are taken and wars are started over it. Don't take this lightly!

The ultimate tag-team is born?
For the record I still don't actually want to do it, I wanna read it in English first too! Plus solid translation is especially important for 4-koma with their punchlines. And if I do the first chapter and give up because the rest is complicated, that makes it even less likely that someone else will pick it up. I mean I haven't even read an entire volume of anything in moon yet.

Man, Golden Week is in 3 weeks and OP didn't take a break in 2 weeks now. This is just asking for a disaster. There will almost definitely be two straight weeks of no One Piece, at this rate.

I wonder if it's worse, if we get a normal break and then Jump goes through a double issue for Golden Week causing three weeks of no chapters, upupupupupu

Though I don't remember when does Jump do their double issue thing

scy

Why the fuck WASN'T he expecting that to happen?

Is "he's dumb" acceptable? I mean, I think it was more a case of not expecting to have to go rape route so it was most likely not coming up there. And here it's a reaction that she's surprised about (it seems) so there's that too.

It was basically the most likely thing to happen though.

upandaway

I wonder if it's worse, if we get a normal break and then Jump goes through a double issue for Golden Week causing three weeks of no chapters, upupupupupu

Though I don't remember when does Jump do their double issue thing
It'll probably either be break->Golden Week or Golden Week->break, the former will be a week and a half (because after GW chapters leak on the weekend, but then another week and a half for the one after that), the latter will be the normal two weeks.

upandaway

Everyone starting Hoozuki-san, hehehe. It's my favorite 4-koma! It doesn't try to force jokes that don't fit a 4-koma into it, it just breaks into a normal manga format, blew me away when I first saw it. It's also dang gosh hilarious.

It's ridiculous that no one knew anything about a sequel in any English site, and suddenly a raw pops out of nowhere. I thought it was an April Fools joke.

It'll probably either be break->Golden Week or Golden Week->break, the former will be a week and a half (because after GW chapters leak on the weekend, but then another week and a half for the one after that), the latter will be the normal two weeks.

Well regardless of how long the break will be, Golden Week will be pretty great.

Everyone starting Hoozuki-san, hehehe. It's my favorite 4-koma! It doesn't try to force jokes that don't fit a 4-koma into it, it just breaks into a normal manga format, blew me away when I first saw it. It's also dang gosh hilarious.

It's ridiculous that no one knew anything about a sequel in any English site, and suddenly a raw pops out of nowhere. I thought it was an April Fools joke.

I was only saying to scy that it's the first 4-koma I've read that's actually grabbed me. Usually with other 4-komas the story's sort of throwaway and I just get bored after a while, but I read this from beginning to end today, non-stop. Really enjoyed it.

Akito

For the record I still don't actually want to do it, I wanna read it in English first too! Plus solid translation is especially important for 4-koma with their punchlines. And if I do the first chapter and give up because the rest is complicated, that makes it even less likely that someone else will pick it up. I mean I haven't even read an entire volume of anything in moon yet.
So tsun tsun.

Angry Grimace

Is "he's dumb" acceptable? I mean, I think it was more a case of not expecting to have to go rape route so it was most likely not coming up there. And here it's a reaction that she's surprised about (it seems) so there's that too.

It was basically the most likely thing to happen though.

I actually forgot how they ended up in the rape situation, and then I remember he keeps a book, with associated pictures of the various women he deflowers under his bed and then leaves his new victim in the room with it. He's pretty terminally dumb.

scy

It does the format really well. It's part of the reason I kept doing more and more of them.

Not Popular 56

SZg2G4c.png

Damn anime.

This series has gone the way of the Sotomura, in that the humour / general content has become staler than the bread I found behind the fridge last week. Maybe the anime's failure will help speed it towards an early retirement.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Are you? Are you really?

scy

I actually forgot how they ended up in the rape situation, and then I remember he keeps a book, with associated pictures of the various women he deflowers under his bed and then leaves his new victim in the room with it. He's pretty terminally dumb.

Real talk, I actually can't remember the last time I ever "hid" anything under my bed. Why the fuck is this such a cliche'd spot.

Are you? Are you really?

Yes, I swear!
Maybe!

Charade

Oh I totally see what you mean, don't mean to put pressure on you. Nothing ruins a reading experience like a bad translation (not saying yours was bad, I have no idea. It read quite nicely actually, not that that automatically qualifies a good translation though. Okay now I'm speaking in circles...but you know what I mean!).

Hamatora 04

Such a detective seeing through her lies. Gonna be pretty interesting to see where this arc goes.

Hamatora 05

Nice to see Hajime finally do something.

Hamatora 06

Still pretty fun to see Nice play everyone for fools here.

Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki 22-31

The last chapters were really heartwarming. Then dat troll by the sister lol.
Mizuno was the best girl in the end.

Really great manga. Now looking forawd for the sequel.

Samurai Papa 10

RIP Sensei route.

Foolworm

Tegami Bachi

Well, I guess Emily's one of the five.

I thought Antiwhippy's avatar looked attractive, then I realised that what I thought were her lips was actually her tongue. Still good taste though!

Cerity

YowaPedal v15

Misdosuji is just annoying at this point. Hopefully we don't have to deal with him after the end of this race.

Billionaire Girl 1-13
1. Gold digging
2. breaking bro code

2 strikes against Tasuku.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Naruto

wow there was some beautiful art this chapter. Did not expect the sage to be having the same conversation with Sasuke. So hyped to see their power ups. This is going just like DBZ, maybe Naruto and Sasuke will even fuse 0_0 and I am loving it. I feel Naruto, the manga, has been really good this year. Gets me excited every week. Hopefully it doesn't end anytime soon.

O________________O

*Checks my eyes*

-________________o

*Rubs my eyes again*

O______________O

Holy shit.

I thought I was alone in this world! Hahahahaha.

Owari no Seraph 13-14

Ok, shooting out Byakko out of a sniper rifle was pretty cool.

It was also super :DTL and not even subtle anymore. It was lay on thick.

I dunno, I mean I guess the whole both sides aren't pure evil/good is interesting but eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom