• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nisekoi

ahhhh Chitoge. So good.

Would be nice to get more proper plot soon so we can finally end this thing, but still. More Chitoge development will probably appease me for a while though.

Busaiku

hLb7Hsm.png

kewlmyc

Nisekoi

ahhhh Chitoge. So good.

Would be nice to get more proper plot soon so we can finally end this thing, but still. More Chitoge development will probably appease me for a while though.

Heh, after Double Arts, the mangaka is going to milk this cow completely dry. I don't see it ending unless it's constantly in the bottom 3.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think I've made my peace with Nisekoi not having a plot. Its not really Nisekoi's fault that we expected serious plot rather than it being a gag series.

PK Gaming

Asahina Koharu's Delusional Weather 1

A one shot about your regular guy stumbling upon the popular girl who turns out to be a pervert that just wants to "Haa Haa" with other girls.

Really enjoyed the prizes and the girl's expressions.

She certainly is more than meets the eye.

Actually wish this was a series and not a one shot.

That was fun

And yeah, I totally feel you dude. I'd kill for this to be an actual series...

upandaway

Nisekoi

There's only one thing to do with this kind of chapter. I must rank the entrances of everyone, irrelevant of the actual characters themselves. Only top 3.

3. Shuu
2. Chitoge
Onodera

I went and asked the group that translated the first series whether they'll pick up Hozuki-san chi no aneki + Imouto and it seems like they're interested, they're looking for a translator for it though.
Yeah saw it on their shoutbox, at least that's something... This may sound a bit mean but I hope that if someone does it, it'll be someone other than them, because they took forever on Aneki and they never did Nano Branch's second chapter (apparently there are only two). But oh well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah I'm actually totally fine with Nisekoi not ending soon. Mangaka gotta eat.

Its not like Nisekoi is worse than any other comic strip in your local paper. That's basically all it is. There's some story every ~20 chapters, but mostly its just standalone humor.

Conan-san

Yeah I'm actually totally fine with Nisekoi not ending soon. Mangaka gotta eat.
I'm sure all the people who get papped out on thier asses to make way for NiseKoi doing fuck all and HxH being in a state of existential flux totally agree.

That said, if Naoshi Komi wants to flumux as much cash out of the busted system Jump has established then sure, the fuck not?

Angry Grimace

pbqQJ7I.jpg

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 26-33

Oh so wait.

Lusting after his aunt is no good.

But trying to bang his cousin is OK?

The standards on this guy.

Detour from Asahi to Aoi is fine by me since I'm a fan of the older woman characters.

Cousin fucking is okay in Japan. Aunt fucking isn't, but incest is apparently fetish material now.

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi
Give it up guys, over 100 chapters and Raku is still thinking of Onedera.

Nothing is going to actually occur other than hijinks until at some point Raku determines he loves both Chitoge and Onodera, which I guarantee will occur and will be followed by 100 more chapters of hijinks. Remember that the last actual "plot" development was Chitoge getting the hots for Raku, which was like 60 chapters ago, but it didn't change the plot in any material way.

Its not a "romance series," its a cute-girls-doing-cute-things series.

(also lol @ Haru being in the chapter, but literally as a crudely drawn background figure)

upandaway

Unfortunately, this is the case.

Maybe one day we'll get something.

Maybe.
In Jump? We got like 50 of them during Jump's romance craze, they were all canceled by chapter 27.

YOKO seriously needs to get serialized with something, then we'd get a real Jump romance.

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo Manga 1-9

I wasn't prepared for the Aoi character.
ibgJtdqtTRftn4.gif

This was definitely worth getting into. I don't usually read harems since they tend to feel the same. I started this since I heard there was a
yandere
in it, which it surprisingly delivered on.

Nisekoi

this chapter is a prime example on how each character effects the series

Onodera walks in

Onodera: *Blushes
Raku: *Blushes
"uh...ah" *Runs away
NO PROGRESS

Chitoge ...they actually have a conversation

Angry Grimace

I like how they phased out that fucking creepy bodyguard that clearly hat the hots for Chitoge and now just have him appear for wacky Tsugumi plots.

He must be hanging out in the same place as Lala's bodyguard from To Love Ru (is that guy even in TLRD?)

kewlmyc

I like how they phased out that fucking creepy bodyguard that clearly hat the hots for Chitoge and now just have him appear for wacky Tsugumi plots.

He must be hanging out in the same place as Lala's bodyguard from To Love Ru (is that guy even in TLRD?)

I don't even remember who you're talking about.

Wait, you're not talking about Claus are you? He didn't have the hots for her, it was more like an overprotective brother. He was okay with her having a boyfriend until Raku called her a gorilla.

Magi 219

Solomon with the magic that WARPS THE FABRIC OF SPACE-TIME goddamn.

Magi 220

I feel like Aladdin is going to give a speech like this at some point in the future.

Zastin is the guy that as of now works for Rito's dad as a mangaka assistant. He's slightly relevant since Saki (rich drills girl) likes him.

Why do I know this...

Oh, him, I'm sure I saw him before.

Just saying a guy that isn't Rito in TLRD is basically irrelevant.

But drills girl is barely even in TLRD I think. The monthly release makes me forget pretty much everything that happens.

All I know is that TLRD went downhill ever since tsundere hall monitor girl (aka best girl) told Rito she would sleep with him but then he decided to be stuck in harem hell instead. Screw you Rito.

jman2050

Zastin actually showed up in a recent chapter. Crazy I know.

scy

But drills girl is barely even in TLRD I think. The monthly release makes me forget pretty much everything that happens.

All I know is that TLRD went downhill ever since tsundere hall monitor girl (aka best girl) told Rito she would sleep with him but then he decided to be stuck in harem hell instead. Screw you Rito.

Yui is the best. I'm sad she's stuck in TLRD.

Angry Grimace

I don't even remember who you're talking about.

Wait, you're not talking about Claus are you? He didn't have the hots for her, it was more like an overprotective brother. He was okay with her having a boyfriend until Raku called her a gorilla.

Claude totally wants Chitoge. A) He's super creepy as fuck about breaking them up when literally everyone else in both clans is cool with it, and b) He even said "If you went away I could be with her forever."

That didn't really happen, did it?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
In Jump? We got like 50 of them during Jump's romance craze, they were all canceled by chapter 27.

YOKO seriously needs to get serialized with something, then we'd get a real Jump romance.

Too bad he's still busy making 'insane version of Medaka Box'. His Koganeiro is good. Not the greatest thing, but i like that 'down on earth' feel when i read it.

upandaway

That didn't really happen, did it?
It.. did, kind of. It's the same kind of stuff with every harem, at some point some character flat out says it and the MC still doesn't budge in obliviousness. That's the transition point. From there it's a quick escalation to full on frontal attacks that go just shy of raping him, and the harem becomes a battlefield. At that point it becomes the famous harem hell (see Infinite Stratos). TLRD isn't there yet but it's only a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom